2017 4* WR Henry Ruggs III

ellitor

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I did say you don't produce you are replaced. Since Kodi is here and I think it takes any recruiter a season or two to build relationships next year he has to produce and show he is making relationships with some younger players for down the road. Young receivers from last year need to show out and we need a couple of very good receivers in next years class. Any coach you hire needs an honest chance to prove they can cut the mustard.

I agree with this.  It is going to take any coach (young, old, experience, or inexperienced) some time to get relationships built with coaches in their areas.  Building that relationship with high school coaches whether they have talent or not.  This takes time no matter who you are.  Give KB another year to show what he can do.  If we can't get some high profile recruits from his area next year, then we can start bashing on him.

But I hear that Ruggs III kid plays WR as well...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's struggling is all I'm going to say. He can't afford to fumble Justyn Ross & Jacob Copeland, 2 high 4* 2018 WRs AU is in good shape with.

Did he help get AU get in good shape with them or this a result of the previous guy.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Same pressure on all coaches young or old. You produce or you are replaced. just like in the real world outside of college sports.

Except in the real world outside of college sports, you don't make 10 years worth of the average salary in one year.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Did he help get AU get in good shape with them or this a result of the previous guy.

Kodi is making his own struggles. He may need help from Lindsey in the pass game & on the trail.

Copeland does seem like he genuinely likes Kodi. Kodi visited twice this week. Worm has been recruiting him hard and JG too until the OC change. Since then JG has been less AU and more other schools who are offering.

12 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Copeland does seem like he genuinely likes Kodi. Kodi visited twice this week. Worm has been recruiting him hard and JG too until the OC change. Since then JG has been less AU and more other schools who are offering.

Cant visit a recruit more than once a week so I hope 1 of those visits was before Sunday.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cant visit a recruit more than once a week so I hope 1 of those visits was before Sunday.

Not sure when the first occurred, second was 1/25.

Archived