2016 A-Day

bikeriderga

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JF3 hitting the outside crossing route nicely.

It's only a glorified public spring scrimmage, but from what I've seen in the first half the QB battle is clearly between White and Franklin.

Good receiving. Under thrown and terrible defense. Glad to see our receivers finally helping out the QB. Smart decision by JF3 to chunk it there. It was a no lose situation. Good to see a QB have the guts there.

It's only a glorified public spring scrimmage, but from what I've seen in the first half the QB battle is clearly between White and Franklin.

True. However JJ is still unable to make those passes consistently even in a glorified scrimmage which to me proves your second point. Also shows that JF3 is capable of passing enough to keep the D honest.

True. However JJ is still unable to make those passes consistently even in a glorified scrimmage which to me proves your second point. Also shows that JF3 is capable of passing enough to keep the D honest.

And not able to get any idea of the impact that he could have running the ball for real. The defense is clearly not playing like they're concerned with.

And not able to get any idea of the impact that he could have running the ball for real. The defense is clearly not playing like they're concerned with.

Absolutely. That's why I like seeing that he can run the 2 minute style offense passing. It won't take an all world passer for him to be effective if he is as electric running as they say. He just needs to pass enough to keep the D honest. It appears he, at the very least, is viable competition for SW which is good news no matter which way you slice it.

Franklin to Davis and its a TOUCHDOWN..

Not so sure that wouldn't have been an INT on gameday. Ball was seriously underthrown.

One sustained drive. That's all I want out of the next two quarters. If the offense can't put together a sustained drive then nothing else matters. Carlson won't matter. Lawson won't matter. Franklin won't matter. it's about zero consistency. that's what killed us last year and it doesn't look like a damn thing has changed.

Is it me, or is every deep ball thrown into double coverage? Triple usually for JJ. To me that means someone else is either open or at least in single coverage. Seems odd that we throw that so much. Could it be the type of offense allows the D to play double over the top and ignore the middle? We need to check down more apparently and use our second and third option routes better. That's on coaching. The play calling needs to have better route trees in my opinion.

Archived