2017 4* Juco WR Brandon Martin (Arkansas 12/14/16)

ellitor

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fist this now Jon Jones? This weekend is off to a bad start

who is Jon Jones?

Jon "Bones" Jones tested dirty so he isn't having a rematch with Daniel Cormier this weekend.

Here is Brandon's decommit tweet. Bulldogs likely refers to MCGCC. His juco. That's their nickname.

Brandon Martin ‏@b_5_live_5 8h8 hours ago

After meeting with my family and coaches I am decommiting from Auburn to focus on academics and football Auburn is on my list #GoBulldogs

Here is Brandon's decommit tweet. Bulldogs likely refers to MCGCC. His juco. That's their nickname.

After meeting with my family and coaches I am decommiting from Auburn to focus on academics and football Auburn is on my list #GoBulldogs

Thats a bull crap excuse. What's the real reason why he decommitted?

You ask like I would know. Everything out right now on this is free so we all know what AU reporters know right now which is nothing more than what's in that tweet.

You ask like I would know. Everything out right now on this is free so we all know what AU reporters know right now which is nothing more than what's in that tweet.

I did ask like you would know. That is in itself a compliment. I figured the Keefer sent out an update.

Sounds like academic issues ? Guess we will find out in a bit.

I did ask like you would know. That is in itself a compliment. I figured the Keefer sent out an update.

It was free & just had the tweet. If it wasn't I couldn't answer your question in the thread anyway.

If it wasn't I couldn't answer your question in the thread anyway.

You can start off your info with code words like "Twitter is abuzz" and just lay it on us...I'm sure you've seen that strategy before.

I bet he originally though he had committed to the University of Auburn. It took him 5 days to realize he had mistakenly committed to Auburn University, and is crawfishing his was out of it...........................................................

Sounds like academic issues ? Guess we will find out in a bit.

academics was my first thought also ... Maybe some summer grades rolled in or somebody decided to count up credits and realized he was a class off what he needed to be an early enrollee?

I bet he originally though he had committed to the University of Auburn. It took him 5 days to realize he had mistakenly committed to Auburn University, and is crawfishing his was out of it...........................................................

Haha

Even if grades are the issue, there is no reason to de-commit unless you are still interested in another school. If he was never committed I can see if he wants to put it on hold, but him being uncommitted gives other schools more of a reason to keep recruiting than leaving him alone. Just doesn't really make sense. It's still early so it doesn't really matter at this point but strange nonetheless.

Was Kodi in on this one?

Can't be. Just a few days ago we were reading that Kodi is chopped liver on the recruiting trail. It must have been Lashlee Garner Gus. Darnit! The Auburn campus recruited him by itself! Just ask around, they'll tell you that we don't have anybody on the staff that is capable of recruiting this guy.

DC just flexed his recruiting muscle.

Even if grades are the issue, there is no reason to de-commit unless you are still interested in another school. If he was never committed I can see if he wants to put it on hold, but him being uncommitted gives other schools more of a reason to keep recruiting than leaving him alone. Just doesn't really make sense. It's still early so it doesn't really matter at this point but strange nonetheless.

Maybe looking to see where he could be an EE....sounds like U of AU might not be that place.

And if that is the case, de-committing is the right thing for him to do for Auburn.....be open about looking at other schools rather than play the game we see so often with guys ....who are not 100% committed.

Was Kodi in on this one?

Can't be. Just a few days ago we were reading that Kodi is chopped liver on the recruiting trail. It must have been Lashlee Garner Gus. Darnit! The Auburn campus recruited him by itself! Just ask around, they'll tell you that we don't have anybody on the staff that is capable of recruiting this guy.

So he's an LSU silent commit now?

Was Kodi in on this one?

He's going to LSU as of now. Hate it.

Kodi could be a good recruiter down the road but right now he is struggling. Is what it is. Learning on the job. Shouldn't be at AU right now IMO. Is what it is. Recruiting anyways.

Maybe looking to see where he could be an EE....sounds like U of AU might not be that place.

And if that is the case, de-committing is the right thing for him to do for Auburn.....be open about looking at other schools rather than play the game we see so often with guys ....who are not 100% committed.

I can see that. That makes more sense as a possible scenario

Was Kodi in on this one?

Does LSU even want him or is CDC just showing off? They have not wanted him before now.

Was Kodi in on this one?

Well, it's hard to get one away from his home-state school if he's really wanted there. A good guess is that LSU was slow-playing him and they got concerned when he committed to AU and decided to up the pressure.

Was Kodi in on this one?

Does LSU even want him or is CDC just showing off? They have not wanted him before now.

Guess LSU wants him now. I'm not sure.

Was Kodi in on this one?

Well, it's hard to get one away from his home-state school if he's really wanted there. A good guess is that LSU was slow-playing him and they got concerned when he committed to AU and decided to up the pressure.

Slow playing is an understatement. They weren't even talking to him much before this week.

Archived