2017 4* Juco WR Brandon Martin (Arkansas 12/14/16)

ellitor

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Touches no. Time on the field? Yes. Those freshmen are on the field a LOT. We just don't throw the ball all that often, and we've featured Stevens/Marcus Davis at times throughout the year. Targets for the young guys need to increase, not just playing time.

Agree, totally; but on the other hand Gus really likes to be seen as a strong running team. Not sure if it would be near impossible for him to throw enough for those young WRs to be used properly.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ellitor said:

From Keith FWIW Go to the 4th slide

-AU trnding down

-Louisville & Arky tranding up

-Staff is frustrated with this recruitment & may move on from BM.

I know I have 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

From Keith FWIW Go to the 4th slide

-AU trnding down

-Louisville & Arky tranding up

-Staff is frustrated with this recruitment & may move on from BM.

looking back on it I guess we should of seen this coming the moment he dropped  his commitment to us in what 48 hours?

On 11/23/2016 at 11:34 AM, Timeslider 6 said:

I agree with Lionheart, as our passing game evolves, Gus will begin to utilize it more and more. If anything Gus is (when he isn't being stubborn) advantageous and able to use something that is working. I pre-qualified my statement with the disclaimer "when he isn't being stubborn" he slips into that stubborn frame of mind when a crisis arises and he isn't sure what to do. The good thing about a fresh view is it helps to prevent him from slipping into being stubborn. 

At some level, I can't blame him. He has never had the type of qb it takes to run a pass first offense. 

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW I trust Keith on this and therefore moving this thread to the Rivals section. Link

I think AU may have grown a little tired of that recruitment to be honest. Great talent. But seems like the decision to look at other programs harder was mutual.

If he is still committed 24 hours later for you guys then you have already won!

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Arkansas?? LOL. 

I get it. They have a really good qb and throw the ball a lot. Cannot blame the kid honestly.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I get it. They have a really good qb and throw the ball a lot. Cannot blame the kid honestly.

Plus AU & BM parted ways a couple months ago as well as LSU did not get involved til late in the game.

Archived