2017 4* Juco WR Brandon Martin (Arkansas 12/14/16)

ellitor

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Woah!!! The whole site has been updated.

The mobile site needs to be addressed tho. I can barely make out anything Bc quotes and emojis include a ton of random text

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Might be the fact that LSU WR's run NFL type wheel trees and have been successful at the next level, kinda an easy sell for a WR with NFL aspirations. bama has been rolling in top WR's ever since Julio. If Sammie and Rico have a couple of great seasons KB's job will get easier, if half of the freshman pan out after that look out. I also do believe that Gus is gonna or already has increased the wheel routes within his offense to give his receivers an advantage at the line of scrimmage.

LSU has put 5 WRs in the NFL in the last 6 years that are still in the league.  But the only one you would say has been a star is Odell Beckham, Jr.  The rest are either playing lightly or are just semi productive.  Granted, in that same time span Auburn only has 2 or 3 guys.  But it's not like LSU is just lighting up the pros right now.  They used to a lot more, but it's been a while since they were the true NFL receiver factory they were in the early to mid 2000s.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The mobile site needs to be addressed tho. I can barely make out anything Bc quotes and emojis include a ton of random text

Yes. Its killing me. Constantly scrolling. Did I lose my profile and sig pic?

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Woah!!! The whole site has been updated.

I don't think it's done yet. It had been shut down for a coupe hours for maintenance.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes. Its killing me. Constantly scrolling. Did I lose my profile and sig pic?

Yes, I didn't know sig pics showed up on mobile tho??

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Yes, I didn't know sig pics showed up on mobile tho??

It doesn't. My bad.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I'll preface this by saying that I have no clue what I'm talking about. But from an observer's perspective, this notion that all of these schools specifically target Auburn (and presumably not others) is absurd. Alabama makes sense, but only because they are out in-state rival.

It reminds me of the Eleanor Roosevelt quote, "you wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

OK that seems more rational

40 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

LSU has put 5 WRs in the NFL in the last 6 years that are still in the league.  But the only one you would say has been a star is Odell Beckham, Jr.  The rest are either playing lightly or are just semi productive.  Granted, in that same time span Auburn only has 2 or 3 guys.  But it's not like LSU is just lighting up the pros right now.  They used to a lot more, but it's been a while since they were the true NFL receiver factory they were in the early to mid 2000s.

An article written last year by NFL.com gives them some easy recruiting material.  Laron Landry is a stud as well.  I know it goes back over the last 15 years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495322/article/uwho-lsu-miami-top-contenders-for-title-of-wide-receiver-u

I really liked this pickup and I hope there is some way that the academic issue can be addressed and that we can convince him to still come to Auburn. That said while I want him he is not the key to this class which is slowly shaping up to be a great class.

A great class is both the talent you recruit and how well that talent meets your needs.  We had two really good O-Linemen leave early and we have addressed that already and look good for Brahms at Center. We have a big need at Linebacker and already have 2 good ones and have a few more we have a shot at.  We lose Roc and pick up the kid from Baylor and we have two others coming in as RB/Athlete.  We still have a long way to go till signing day we will lose some we are fighting for and get some we are fighting for at the end I think we will be pleased with this class.  When all is said and done I believe the only area we won't be happy with is QB as everybody wants that 5* can't miss QB. I personally think that with the right talent around you we have good options at QB in SW and Franklin so lets wait a few games into the year before we start the woe is me Auburn didn't land the sure fire number 1 QB in the land who will be a 1st round Pick in the NFL in 3 years.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

DC just flexed his recruiting muscle.

I'm calling horse crap right now.  We know your agenda to bash Kodi... Gus, Rhett... Hell the entire staff except Horton and fountain.  

Tell us your inside source for this bs line of thinking or stop with the DC>Kodi bullcrap.  Kodi was already in FBS football with the same position to coach with a head coach that wins fairly consistently.  Mama called and he came home.  In 2 years if all has gone to hell then tell us how right you were.  

Surely you aren't comparing Kodi's green resume to DC's? He's 27, never been on a P5 staff, has only coached the position he was hired to coach at AU for ONE SEASON, and I don't think it would be a stretch to say he may be a liability on the recruiting trail as it stands today. It'll be a tough sell to parents to  entrust their 18 year old's maturity, growth, and development to a 27 year old with no experience and who frankly looks like he could be on the current roster.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. That was emotional. 

haha admittedly it's been a rough day

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. That was emotional. 

I just liked this with the like button. JS...

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

haha admittedly it's been a rough day

Whoops! That was directed at the post before yours. Completely agree with yours.

Hope your day gets better though, sir!

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, I might could get with that. More likes, less "Agreed"s, "This"s, etc. (I'm guilty of it all.)

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whoops! That was directed at the post before yours. Completely agree with yours.

Hope your day gets better though, sir!

Ah my bad haha! Thank you though!

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well ... I'll be ... We now have a like button?!?!  Aren't we moving up in the world!  Now all of my self esteem will be wrapped up in how many likes I get for my typically brilliant posts ... Just like a teenager ...

48 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'm calling horse crap right now.  We know your agenda to bash Kodi... Gus, Rhett... Hell the entire staff except Horton and fountain.  

Tell us your inside source for this bs line of thinking or stop with the DC>Kodi bullcrap.  Kodi was already in FBS football with the same position to coach with a head coach that wins fairly consistently.  Mama called and he came home.  In 2 years if all has gone to hell then tell us how right you were.  

Call BS. I don't care. It is what it is. 

some may call it calling a spade a spade, i will call it you  acting like an ass.  While he has no reason too, WDE has explained himself to the likes of yourself and others.  Shove your roll tide  calling crap right up your own, even questioning his love of AU is a disgrace.

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

My day is fine but bashing our coaching staff every opportunity is horse crap.  Just calling a spade a spade.  Row Tahd huh WDE?

Relax Jay. He was not bashing our staff.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

some may call it calling a spade a spade, i will call it acting like an ass.  While he has no reason too, WDE has explained himself to the likes of yourself and others.  Shove your roll tide  calling crap right up your own, even questioning his love of AU is a disgrace.

Kodi could turn out to be a good coach one day but he has no business on the AU staff right now.  

DC owns just about every coach in the country when it comes to recruiting.  I was really just busting Mikey's balls about Kodi reeling in his first recruit. 

Archived