NCAA Bans Satellite Camps (Ban Rescinded 4/28/16)

Auctoritas

How long before other conferences start wanting them banned because the SEC came and took over their stomping grounds?

The SEC and a few other schools have the ability and money to dominate the process....put staff at every significant "camp".

Exactly. Before long, I bet there will be rules governing these camps so that all schools can visit and/or conduct the same amount of camps.

Yep...right now it looks like it's "crank up the jet" and with good flight planning Gus and a few key coaches can each be at a couple camps a week about anywhere in the country where there are a few "interesting" prospects to visit. The airports down in central Florida will be packed with business jets coming and going when their major camps are being held.

And of course since the NCAA also took the limits off of texts from coaches to prospects, I bet there is nothing wrong with the coaches dropping a text to their mailing list letting kids know their schedule so they can attend the camps. "B at Mega HS camp June 18 hope to CU ther-Gus"

Opening this up to the SEC and allowing schools to pay the expenses of their coaches is a game changer in my view. Might not result in many kids making surprise commitments to some distant school but its going to generate a lot of conversation I bet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived