2017 4* C Nick Brahms (AU 7/9/16)

PatBoCamRob

Nick is committing today at 4 PM. Will be shown on delay on ESPNU's coverage of The Opening tonight.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nick is committing today at 4 PM. Will be shown on delay on ESPNU's coverage of The Opening tonight.

What's the feeling on him?

Sorry. I missed the "on delay" after the time in E's post.

‏@OhSoDizzy5  1h1 hour ago

Nick's commitment will air on ESPNU @ 7:10 p.m. central time

Awesome!

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

War Eagle.   Another big piece to the Oline recruiting.   I guess now he is our sole FL Commit.   We need more out of FL in my opinion.  

You found the grey lining in this cloud.

• Like 1

Glad to have Nick on board. What a stout OL class for 2017. Who is next to join the "good guys"?  Chandler Wooten texted that a couple more surprises to come. I am assuming he is referring to those at the Opening. Who do you think he is referring to? 

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Glad to have Nick on board. What a stout OL class for 2017. Who is next to join the "good guys"?  Chandler Wooten texted that a couple more surprises to come. I am assuming he is referring to those at the Opening. Who do you think he is referring to? 

1 was Brandon Martin who decommitted 5 days later. The other was Nick. If CW said the same thing today he is probably referring to Tray Bishop on July 25th after the big AU recruiting picnic.

3 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

War Eagle.   Another big piece to the Oline recruiting.   I guess now he is our sole FL Commit.   We need more out of FL in my opinion.  

OT Ashley is from Orlando.

Awesome pickup, this is the kinda guy that anchors the interior of your OLine! The relentless mauler with a high football IQ that can get out on the edge on those Buck sweeps.

6 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

OT Ashley is from Orlando.

Washington DC will get the credit though since he plays there now.

Impact analysis from 247

Keith's video review: Brahms is a straight-up mauler, with the perfect size and skills to excel at either guard or tackle. Additionally, he’s a high IQ guy.

His explosion off the ball impresses. His feet are quick and he gets into the body of the defender in a hurry. He isn’t passive. He attacks.

Brahms finishes blocks. He gets to the second level. His feet never stop churning. Basically, there is much to like. 

With Brahm’s quickness, he would seem to perfectly fit into the Auburn offense, which pulls the guards quite a bit.

At this stage, Brahms is more advanced as a run-blocker. His pass blocking, though, isn’t bad and he is very good at getting into his sets and delivering a massive punch.

247Sports Director of Scouting Barton Simmons’ take: “He’s just really solid on the interior. He’s really polished, his technique is great, he plays tough. Physically, I think he has the versatility to play center longterm or guard. I just really like the way he competes. He’s not necessarily one of the biggest names out here but it feels like he is one of the best players out here.

• Like 2