2017 4* C Nick Brahms (AU 7/9/16)

PatBoCamRob

Very nice pick up!! I believe Herb Hand will continue to have a positive affect on OL recruiting.  I am also optimistic that he will have a positive affect on the field as well as an OL coach and contributing to game plans on O.

wde

• Like 1

Hand seems to be making a big impact in recruiting. Hopefully he can convince Gus to change up some of his schemes that have went stale and try some new things offensively. This O-Line class is stacked.

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

This class is shaping up like the 2015 class. I'm down.

Talking OL this class is shaping up better by a considerable margin. All 3 commits are rated higher than the 5 from 2015, Ashley & Troxell greatly so. In fact as ratings are now we are 1 mid level 3* away from passing that class on the composite and will still take another after that.

Edited by ellitor

Another great pickup on the O-Line. War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Talking OL this class is shaping up better by a considerable margin. All 3 commits are rated higher than the 5 from 2015, Ashley & Troxell greatly so. In fact as ratings are now we are 1 mid level 3* away from passing that class on the composite and will still take another after that.

I agree

• ellitor featured and unpinned this topic
9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

The offensive line class that is forming though.........

Ashley, Brahms, Troxell

Holy pancake this is awesome

Just think if we could add Ruiz and maybe steal Netori Johnson back from Georgia. I know, slim chance on Johnson, but what a true Freshman OL that would be. 

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

Just think if we could add Ruiz and maybe steal Netori Johnson back from Georgia. I know, slim chance on Johnson, but what a true Freshman OL that would be. 

They would have to be called the IHOP unit.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think "waffle house" would be more fitting, considering cgm's affinity for the establishment as a post win tradition........................

2 minutes ago, trout54 said:

I think "waffle house" would be more fitting, considering cgm's affinity for the establishment as a post win tradition........................

IHOP as in pancake blocks. Waffle House isn't known for their pancakes. 

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haha, there you go. They would be making pancakes for sure.

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Nick got a big bump up from 247 after the opening.   From player 153 up to number 69.  This is the 247 rating not the composite.

Not a ratings bump. He's been high on 247 only since mid April where he was #64. The 153 is his composite rating. When you are looking at the Top 247 list of 247 only the number in gray is the composite ranking, not where they were previously on the 247 only rankings.

• ellitor unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Bad news. Nick broke his leg in practice...

Four-star Auburn offensive guard commit Nick Brahms of Navarre (Fla.) sustained a broken bone in his right leg and some ligament damage during practice Wednesday. He'll have to have surgery, but according to his father "it could have been much worse."

"The good news is he did not dislocate his ankle," Keith Brahms told AuburnUndercover. "That would have been major."

The younger Brahms has a broken fibula, also known as the calf bone, in his right leg.

"He's fine," Keith Brahms said. "He's not in any pain. At first, he was obviously in some pain right when it happened. But I think he was more freaked out than in pain. There was still some swelling this afternoon."

At this time, Nick Brahms has a brace on his knee.

"He's just relaxing," Keith Brahms said. "We're going to the doctor Monday. If the swelling is down enough, he'll do the surgery on Tuesday."

How long Brahms will be out with the injury isn't know, but his father estimated "at least a couple months."

According to Keith Brahms, his son spoke to Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and offensive line coach Herb Hand about the injury.

"We're just thankful he's committed already," Keith Brahms said. "Coach Malzahn and Coach Hand were 100 percent supportive. That put his mind to rest."

Sorry to hear about Nick's injury. I hope you return 110% soon. Any of the Doc type posters on can you give us an idea of how serious this is. Thanks

24 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Sorry to hear about Nick's injury. I hope you return 110% soon. Any of the Doc type posters on can you give us an idea of how serious this is. Thanks

Maybe @passthebiscuits can talk about that type of injury in a general sense?