2017 4* C Nick Brahms (AU 7/9/16)

PatBoCamRob

Per an article title he was tagged in on AUC Nick Brahms will visit AU this week. It will be his 3rd AU visit in 5 months. He is a major Center target for AU.

Edited by ellitor

Per an article title he was tagged in on AUC Nick Brahms will visit AU this week. It will be his 3rd AU visit in 5 months. He is a major Center target for AU.

sounds like he may commit this week?

sounds like he may commit this week?

Possibly but wouldn't bet on it. He seems adimant to also visit UTk & UNC this week.

I'm not sure when he will publicly commit, but NB is all AU. If you count silent commits then NB has already committed.

Edited by austudnt23

I'm not sure when he will publicly commit, but NB is all AU. If you count silent commits then NB has already committed.

I hope this holds up. A great C is hard to find and can be the difference in an average OLine and a great OLine.

I went back and saw that he plays T now and is projected as a G. So why is the thread title C?

Edited by lkeel75

I believe we're recruiting him as a Center. I remember reading something from Big Cat or somewhere around there, and he mentioned that.

Actually getting commitments from Brahms and Barrett this weekend might be good momentum with Mond and Jones on campus.

I hope this holds up. A great C is hard to find and can be the difference in an average OLine and a great OLine.

I went back and saw that he plays T now and is projected as a G. So why is the thread title C?

The title was changed because we are recruiting him at Center. I rarely check the OP for changes so if it says guard then that's why. Thread titles always take prescedence since they are the easiest to see.

Silents mean nothing to me anymore. At least 1 and up to 3 that I know of from BCW has changed already.

Silents mean nothing to me anymore. At least 1 and up to 3 that I know of from BCW has changed already.

Well that sux!

Yeah silent mean nothing to me either. Benton was a silent commit for around 2 years and we see how that one turned out. NB is definitely all Auburn atm though.

Edited by austudnt23

Dumb question when we get a Silent is it usually because the coaches want it that way so that they can get a commit at a time that will help the team or is it usually because the commit wants it that way?

While I know that people who publicly commit do change their mind I would think it is harder to change a public commit then a silent commit. If coaches are asking somebody to wait for a commit for an impact time are they not taking a risk?

Dumb question when we get a Silent is it usually because the coaches want it that way so that they can get a commit at a time that will help the team or is it usually because the commit wants it that way?

While I know that people who publicly commit do change their mind I would think it is harder to change a public commit then a silent commit. If coaches are asking somebody to wait for a commit for an impact time are they not taking a risk?

I don't think the coaches want kids to hold off. I suppose there could be some specific case where they are 100% positive about an impact player, but I think normally they want the kid to come out and make it public. There's a lot of positive that comes from a good prospect announcing in public. Remember, the coaches themselves might let a prospect know their preferences but coaches cannot say anything to the press about a commitment. That has to come from the player.

I don't think the coaches want kids to hold off. I suppose there could be some specific case where they are 100% positive about an impact player, but I think normally they want the kid to come out and make it public. There's a lot of positive that comes from a good prospect announcing in public. Remember, the coaches themselves might let a prospect know their preferences but coaches cannot say anything to the press about a commitment. That has to come from the player.

I'm with Mikey... if the coaches ask a kid to hold off, it's only for a couple of days, if there happens to be a strategic time coming up. They aren't going to tell a kid to stay silent for an extended period. I think the main reason a kid stays silent is to keep people off his back, like if he's from an area that is predominantly pro another school.

There are circumstances where a coach will ask a kid to not go public with his commitment yet. This is not one of those situations though.

Yeah silent mean nothing to me either. Benton was a silent commit for around 2 years and we see how that one turned out. NB is definitely all Auburn atm though.

And he reaffirmed that silent at BCW a day before he flipped to Bama.

Yes I know this. He told coaches and recruits at BCW he would be coming to AU. RE was another silent and he also told our coaches once again the night before signing day he would be coming to Auburn. Just to sign with UAT 12 hours later. When it comes to state of alabama kids I really don't put any stock into a silent commit especially with a kid UAT is after.

Yes I know this. He told coaches and recruits at BCW he would be coming to AU. RE was another silent and he also told our coaches once again the night before signing day he would be coming to Auburn. Just to sign with UAT 12 hours later. When it comes to state of alabama kids I really don't put any stock into a silent commit especially with a kid UAT is after.

This is nothing new. Cornelius Bennett, while leaving a basketball game on Tuesday night, told one of his high school coaches the night before signing day he was going to sign the next day with Auburn. Next morning Bennett was seen getting out of a black Ford car with two white men in it. The rest is history. Edited by tinman

Unless my memory has failed, Todd was a public commit to Auburn. Then some muckety-muck way up job unexpectedly became available at UAT's nursing school and, what a coincidence! Todd's everyday work-a-day nurse mom in Mobile turned out to be the best qualified nurse in the whole state! She got the job and Bryant got her son, the QB.

Funny how things just seem to work out over there.

I know you know. The info was for the board as a whole.

I know you know. The info was for the board as a whole.

You guys had me going. From everything I have heard Brahms will be wearing orange and blue. Both nothing is set in cement until that LOI comes in.