Softball vs. Arkansas - game 3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howard chops one to 2nd, she charges it and it hits off of her and gets away. Runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs for Carosone.

Howard steals 2nd.

All due respect to the equestrian team, the softball program seems to be the best sports program at AUburn right now.

crap. Cooper grounds to 2nd on 1st pitch and they tag the runner and throw to 1st for a double play run does score though. 10-0 Auburn runner on 3rd for Jenna Abbot (pinch hitting for Wallace)

comebacker to Carlson and she throws to 1st for out #3 and that's the game.

FINAL. Auburn wins 10-0 and outscores Arkansas 54-0 in the series. Auburn hit 4 more home runs today and finished with 11 home runs in the 3 game series.

All due respect to the equestrian team, the softball program seems to be the best sports program at AUburn right now.

The Equestrian team has four national championships with the most recent being yesterday. The softball team has none. Softball has a bunch of catching up to do before they are at the level of the Riders.

The Equestrian team has four national championships with the most recent being yesterday. The softball team has none. Softball has a bunch of catching up to do before they are at the level of the Riders.

Boy you are in an argumentative mood today.....get a good nights sleep and perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

Boy you are in an argumentative mood today.....get a good nights sleep and perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

Softball seems to be the hot button issue right now, but to talk of it being the best program when Equestrian just polished off its 4th national championship is not rational. Just as a statue for Cooper when Vicki Orr, Ruthie Bolton, Maggie Bowen, Kirsty Coventry, on and on, don't have a statue is not rational.

Y'all get in perspective and I'll be more pleasant on the board. I've had a fine day otherwise.

Softball seems to be the hot button issue right now, but to talk of it being the best program when Equestrian just polished off its 4th national championship is not rational. Just as a statue for Cooper when Vicki Orr, Ruthie Bolton, Maggie Bowen, Kirsty Coventry, on and on, don't have a statue is not rational.

Y'all get in perspective and I'll be more pleasant on the board. I've had a fine day otherwise.

Okay. I based the comment on the fact of how quickly Coach Myers has made the program competitive as well as the level of competition. I'm sure there are far more schools and girls involved with softball than equestrian. For example, there are no local schools in my area that have equestrian teams but they all have softball teams along with summer, fall, and travel ball.

Okay. I based the comment on the fact of how quickly Coach Myers has made the program competitive as well as the level of competition. I'm sure there are far more schools and girls involved with softball than equestrian. For example, there are no local schools in my area that have equestrian teams but they all have softball teams along with summer, fall, and travel ball.

Softball has made amazing improvements under Coach Myers. I've been a fan of AU softball since the days when I'd stand around the softball field watching the games and talking about old times in Miami with our former swimming coach David Marsh. (We went to the same high school in Miami) I'm delighted with the improvements the team has made, but they have not yet accomplished what the Equestrian team has accomplished.

As far as level of competition, three of the "final four" Equestrian teams were from the SEC. Auburn competes with them routinely. One trip to the CWS of softball does not surpass the Equestrian's four national championships to become Auburn's "best sports program right now". All I'm trying to do is to keep things in perspective.

Softball has made amazing improvements under Coach Myers. I've been a fan of AU softball since the days when I'd stand around the softball field watching the games and talking about old times in Miami with our former swimming coach David Marsh. (We went to the same high school in Miami) I'm delighted with the improvements the team has made, but they have not yet accomplished what the Equestrian team has accomplished.

As far as level of competition, three of the "final four" Equestrian teams were from the SEC. Auburn competes with them routinely. One trip to the CWS of softball does not surpass the Equestrian's four national championships to become Auburn's "best sports program right now". All I'm trying to do is to keep things in perspective.

Re-read my post. I said my PREDICTION...did not suggest we startl pouring concrete for a foundation or begin a campaign.

I just think she will be rcognised as a VERY special athlete and student...a game-changer in women's sports....time will tell.

National championships dually noted, however, by competition I'm referencing the amount of teams and the level of play. According to the NCEA (National Collegiate Equestrian Association), there are currently 23 programs in existence. While in the SEC and PAC12 make more programs than all of the equestrian programs. I am proud of the equestrian team's accomplishments but with the number of teams competing at a high level in softball, I personally feel that the softball teams recent success is more impressive.

National championships dually noted, however, by competition I'm referencing the amount of teams and the level of play. According to the NCEA (National Collegiate Equestrian Association), there are currently 23 programs in existence. While in the SEC and PAC12 make more programs than all of the equestrian programs. I am proud of the equestrian team's accomplishments but with the number of teams competing at a high level in softball, I personally feel that the softball teams recent success is more impressive.

I don't. :)

OK....we know where people stand now....so what's the prognosis for the FSU series ?.

Archived