Baseball at Ole Miss game #1

Are already past the "Must win" status with this game?

I know everyone would love to knock off a ranked team a couple times this weekend.....but other that "feel good" is there something to gain by a win or two?

OM and AU tied at 2 in the 6th......Lipscomb pitching very well.

Well looks like the game has gotten away from the Tigers...OM scored 3 runs with 2 outs in the 7th. Klobo just could not get the final out and has been pulled for Braymer.

Are already past the "Must win" status with this game?

I know everyone would love to knock off a ranked team a couple times this weekend.....but other that "feel good" is there something to gain by a win or two?

Nope. Nothing at all to be gained by winning a game. Might as well lose out, pack up, and contract the program. Yes, the "must win" status is passed and the team isn't making postseason ball, but sheesh man lol

AU down 6-3 in the 9th after an ugly 7th saw Ole Miss plate 4 runs.

Ebert draws a full count walk. Cuts the Rebel lead to 6-4. Buentello up with bases loaded. A grand slam wouldn't hurt right here...

Logan strikes out to bring the Tigers to their last out. Last two Tigers have gotten behind 0-2 in the last two counts.

Bottom 9, no outs bases loaded, down 6-4 and we fail to even get one more home. Chalk it up as a game we should've won yet again.

Those last 3 ABs were very timid ABs.

Bottom 9, no outs bases loaded, down 6-4 and we fail to even get one more home. Chalk it up as a game we should've won yet again.

There comes a point where this is not coaching, this is on the players. They've played situational baseball before; my gosh I know Ole Miss is a good team but to fail to even put the ball in play in a crucial situation?? Come on Tigers that's just sorry!!

But are least we did not try a bunt.

Just a bad baseball year for my alma mater and favorite MLB teams. This club is 2 weekend starters, a bullpen, and some plus defensive talent from being a regional contender. Be interesting to see the Keegan situation next year. He and maybe a Mize could form the core of a better weekend rotation next year. And then, priorities are: 1) recruit bullpen arms, 2)bullpen arms 3) bullpen arms

With your 3-4-5 hitters up and 0 outs, would you have liked to see a bunt, 64?

There comes a point where this is not coaching, this is on the players. They've played situational baseball before; my gosh I know Ole Miss is a good team but to fail to even put the ball in play in a crucial situation?? Come on Tigers that's just sorry!!

Also, TB, early to tell, especially before the draft in June, but PerfectGame has us 24th in high school recruiting, with 8/12 commits right now being pitchers. Hopefully thats enough to start restocking the pond. http://www.perfectga...?ID=1566&g=2016

With your 3-4-5 hitters up and 0 outs, would you have liked to see a bunt, 64?

Would have liked to see some runners crossing the plate instead of three guys waving "timidly" I think you described it..... Just suggesting that we have rolled the dice a dozen times or more this year this year in situations like that an come up snake eyes the majority of times.

We have lost 14 games this year by 2 or fewer runs.....and most of those were winnable....just noting that the object of the game is to score runs and not just get hits....though that usually goes together .....but not always.

Archived