Softball vs. Georgia - game 2

Cooper walks on 4 pitches. She has walked every at bat today. Carosone steals 3rd while uga naps after the walk. runners on 1st and 3rd for Jade Rhodes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes fly ball to right, throw comes to 1st for the double play and the throw gets by the 1st baseman and Carosone scores. Runner on 1st. 2 outs and Auburn leads 13-2 for Carlee Wallace.

Wallace flies to center to end the 4th. Auburn extends their lead to 13-2. If my calculations are right, uga has to score 4 times to keep the game going. Auburn needs 3 outs.

fly ball to left and Howard makes the catch in foul territory and its a FINAL Auburn defeats uga in 5 innings 13-2. Gong for the sweep tomorrow.

Auburn moves to 44-5 on the season and 14-3 in the SEC.

What was the deal with the HBP and Jordan not getting 1st base?

Apparently the umpire said it hit her in the strike zone. so its a strike.

Thanks. I have company over and couldn't hear the TV.

Rhodes with a bullet back to the pitcher, she fields it and throw comes home to get the force out, Howard slides into the plate takes the catcher down. Carosone rounds third and attempts to score, avoids the tag and touches home and is safe. Auburn leads 7-1, Carlee Wallace up, runners on 2nd and 3rd.

I have played, coached, managed and watched baseball/softball for more decades than I care to admit. I have never seen this happen before. Those of you that saw it, file the memory away because you're not likely to see it ever again.

Rhodes with a bullet back to the pitcher, she fields it and throw comes home to get the force out, Howard slides into the plate takes the catcher down. Carosone rounds third and attempts to score, avoids the tag and touches home and is safe. Auburn leads 7-1, Carlee Wallace up, runners on 2nd and 3rd.

I have played, coached, managed and watched baseball/softball for more decades than I care to admit. I have never seen this happen before. Those of you that saw it, file the memory away because you're not likely to see it ever again.

Howard is a tough nosed player...plowed the catvcher under....in MLB there would have been a fight or catcher called for blocking the plate.....but whatever...a gutty play all around...and aggressive running by Carosone to take advantage of the confusion.. Well done all around.

I believe twice in recent games Carosone (while on 2nd) caught the pitcher napping after she received the throw back from the catcher and she stole 3rd. Once the throw to 3rd got away and she scored. The other time she made it with out a throw or slide.

Archived