Baylor issues UPDATE - Baylor fires football coach Art Briles

AU64

Well that is a train wreck. Think they will suspend football operations for the year? I would think any incoming freshman players could want to opt out.

Hard to imagine cancelling a season. ....but....These things don't happen in a vacuum . Other coaches , including his son, had to be aware of what was going on .

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several opinions have been given on BSPN, stating that they thought, the entire staff would be canned at the end of this year. To cancel the season is an economic death penalty, they imposed on themselves. An OTL reporter said, there were far more allegations in the report given to regents, than she had found on her own research. A "stunningly", higher number. Started in or around 2009.

Every corner of the program will take a hit with this. Recruiting, reputation, donations......attendance....etc.

Several opinions have been given on BSPN, stating that they thought, the entire staff would be canned at the end of this year. To cancel the season is an economic death penalty, they imposed on themselves. An OTL reporter said, there were far more allegations in the report given to regents, than she had found on her own research. A "stunningly", higher number. Started in or around 2009.

Every corner of the program will take a hit with this. Recruiting, reputation, donations......attendance....etc.

to me, the ultimate hypocrisy would be to play this season as scheduled and then get rid of the coaching staff . I see no way the trustees could have any credibility if they did that .

There might be time to cobble together a coaching staff for the 2016 season but seems hard to believe that any of Briles staff could remain.

BIG inside look at just one assault claim.....

http://www.texasmont...ence-at-baylor/

Wow. I worked campus security as deputy chief and had this happened there, I would have been livid and advocating for the victim. That guy is a monster who needs to be locked up. AU doesn't need Briles anywhere close to Auburn!! This behavior by BU athletics is just sickening. These victims being traumatized by the very university that is supposed to be there to help and support.

I don't see how you keep ANY of the current staff around. Need a clean sweep in my opinion.

I don't see how they keep the current staff on, either....

NO WAY, Briles alone managed the accusations and complaints himself, from that many sources.

I do understand how they feel it would be a death penalty equivalent. I also understand it might be needed...Innocent students suffered assault from some of these people and the admin response is another type of assault. The people who are to help you in a university community, do anything but. Innocent football players, would be caught in the seasons loss too, if they shut it down....

Price to be paid........

I understand some player disappointment but, some of the tweets from players have been a little over the top. IMO, this isn't over yet, IF Waco PD does what they should, there are some people in that department, who could and should be arrested. This isn't over, this is a first few steps.

If they shut down Baylor football for a year I hope we get some of their effective non-rapist players to transfer to AU lol

to me, the ultimate hypocrisy would be to play this season as scheduled and then get rid of the coaching staff . I see no way the trustees could have any credibility if they did that .

There might be time to cobble together a coaching staff for the 2016 season but seems hard to believe that any of Briles staff could remain.

I have an OC I would sell for a nickel if that would help.

It would be nice to have him as an OC, however, he would be one and done, just long enough for some school to take a chance on him and there's plenty of them out there that would. Then we'd be back looking for another one.

I believe that this will follow Art and hurt him with any future HC job. That said, his son seems to have weathered the initial storm or Baylor wouldn't have kept him in place. They couldn't afford to.

Yeah, this is way too deep for Briles to dig out in a couple of years......In time, someone will take a chance. That time needs to pass and his issues, legally, may not be over yet.

Yep....recall all the meltdown over Pigtrino? WELL...............this one includes covering up sexual assaults. Multiple assaults....

Not a chance in hell Briles will be offered at AU.......the blowback would knock the doors off JJ's office.

From a purely football point of view, maybe. The rest of him? Not a chance in hell at this point and it is insane to consider otherwise....

It happened today...............no one will touch him within a mile of a handshake...........All the facts of what he did aren't known publically yet....He could literally be indicted for criminal negligence on SOME of the charges known now......

He needs a major steam cleaning. Pressure washing.....Bleach dip.....not going to happen in the near future.

With his offense? I say it would save Jacobs

Is Jacobs the OC now? guess I missed that.

Meanwhile, I would not want any one from Briles's staff anywhere near AU. That would be like inviting someone with dog poo on their shoes into your house and onto your new carpet.

Art has too much stink on him right now. His son, though, could be a different story. Maybe we need to take a moving van to Waco, load Kendall up and as many offensive recruits as we can pack in there, and head on back to the Loveliest Village.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kendal_briles_339279.html

Archived