What time does the movie REALLY start?

AuNuma1

New law proposed in CT to start posting the "actual" start time of movies. Now, I'm all about getting to the movies a little early to not only get a good seat but I like seeing some of the trailers for upcoming movies. Lately though, it's more commercials than anything and they drag it out for soooo long. We went to see "Meet the Fockers" the other weekend and they still play that God awful Fanta commercial. It's absolutely the worst commercial ever made in the history of the universe....and I'm paying money to see it. :blink:

So post the actual start time for the movies, I'll catch the trailers over at apple.com/trailers. :thumbsup:

Ars Technica

They want to be nice to the people who are fashionably late, but they expect the responsible person to wait.

Plus we know where we can get popcorn. In human in their right mind, knows you're not going to buy popcorn in the bathroom or inside the movie theatre.

I'm all for turning the riger off or the phone off and showing the fire exits

My favorite part of going to a movie is watching previews...but what is the deal with all the commercials? Good lord its like watching TV.

I hate that Fanta commercial too....and the damn video game commercials. There were like 3 of them before In Good Company.

I like the coke commercial though :)

Those commercials will get me fired up. I don't pay $8 for a ticket to watch commercials for 20 minutes and Manny complaining about pirating... and they are painfully loud too. Something really should be done about it.

...and Manny complaining about pirating... and they are painfully loud too.  Something really should be done about it.

Who?

Manny, the stunt guy that talks about how its not right that people risk their lives to make movies while others download them off the internet... He's preaching to the wrong crowd because everyone obviously just overpaid for a ticket and is not downloading a movie...

Archived