AU adds #3 shot blocker in the nation in LaRon Smith

ellitor

From Bethune Cookman. Immediately eligible. I really like this. His defense should compliment the physical offense AU is expected to have.

http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2016/5/2/11571868/graduate-transfer-forward-laron-smith-of-bethune-cookman-commits-to

"The 6'8, 215 lbs forward was quite the prolific shot-blocker last season, as you can tell by that average. He totaled 96 blocks for the year. That's impressive for someone who only stands 6'8. He'll be a big addition to Auburn's defense in the paint with a newly revitalized (we're told and hope) 7'2 Trayvon Reed and Horace Spencer."

Big man!! That's what we need. I would like him to be a little taller though. The blocked shot numbers are impressive.

gotta love his announcement.....

Don't go to high, you won't play You only have one year, go somewhere you will be the man You can't win a championship there They're not good, don't go there That school already is loaded with bigs You're going to be a back up. Some of the things "They" said to me on this journey to find my new home. This is what "I" have to say...#WarDamnEagle

Welcome LaRon

:-\ man just bring me down.................................. :jossun:

Well, what's your FT percentage? I suppose that will have to be displayed on some sort of normal distribution curve with number of beers consumed as a factor.

:-\ man just bring me down.................................. :jossun:

Well, what's your FT percentage? I suppose that will have to be displayed on some sort of normal distribution curve with number of beers consumed as a factor.

It would be high one way or another...get it

The two Grad Transfers provide what we need for next year without impacting us for the following year as they will be gone. We have a Freshman PG coming in along with a GT transfer that will allow the Freshman to develop then we have another Freshman 4* PG Davion Mitchell coming in to replace the GT. The GT PF addresses our lack of size, rebounding and paint D for next year. He will be replaced by Wiley the following year so with Wiley that year we will have 3 bigs Reed, Spencer, and Wiley and we will also have DeSean Murray while short for a PF won't hurt us that much as we will already have 3 bigs.

Assuming Danjel plays at least 2 years we will have a lot of options in 2017-2018 year.

With the GT's plus the class that we have coming in we will be a good bit better next year and the year after we should be real good.

Awesome pick up! Gotta give Pearl credit he knows what we need and goes get some of the best available. Now just gotta get some success on the court!

I'm really liking this pick up- as usual, BP has a plan and I think this one can really help us out.

I like it. Bruce is getting us solid temporary fixes until his HS recruiting can fill out the program.

Well, now we have the guys we need. This is the one I was waiting for. I officially feel good about our chances this year now. Just keep away from the injury bug this year and we should see some kind of post season bid (IMO). Great pickup.

Well, now we have the guys we need. This is the one I was waiting for. I officially feel good about our chances this year now. Just keep away from the injury bug this year and we should see some kind of post season bid (IMO). Great pickup.

Well I'm glad you feel that way, not trying to be a douche, but the moment we started playing badly you bashed the team every chance you could get last season... If we start playing bad you gonna start bashing again even though we "have the guys we need"?

That guy's comment on the instagram was an understatement....

With a Wingspan like that it makes it a lot easier to understand the number of blocked shots. That would help on the boards to. Great pickup only negative is FT shooting and that is abysmal as a GT I don't expect it to get any better.

We could use another good shot blocker. As far as his free throws go.....welcome to the team, buddy! you'll fit right in lol

With Reed out this becomes a really big pickup.

With Reed out this becomes a really big pickup.

And we are also not done now either.

I haven't heard a thing about Reed being out.

Well you have now. News broke privately a day or so ago.

Archived