Tenn. Game 3 rained out

Will not be rescheduled.

Not sure who that benefits....maybe AU if the team is still in shock from the pounding they took.

UT is a quality team...will hurt the RPI a bit...Just need to win the remaining series...we should sttil be in a Super Regional.

Some jackass fans posted some mean things on social media that really upset some of the young ladies on the team. I hope they can shake it off.

Some jackass fans posted some mean things on social media that really upset some of the young ladies on the team. I hope they can shake it off.

Too bad about the posts.....but you need a tough hide when you play big time sports.

A little adversity can be character building...and a lesson about social media and sports which female teams are heavily engaged with....Facebook pages and such.

I wouldn't call those posters fans. Fans love their team and pull for the players both on the field and off. I don't know what you'd call people that would post mean things on social media. We have some football followers on this message board that are not fans either. Seems they just follow the team in order to have something to gripe about.

I wouldn't call those posters fans. Fans love their team and pull for the players both on the field and off. I don't know what you'd call people that would post mean things on social media. We have some football followers on this message board that are not fans either. Seems they just follow the team in order to have something to gripe about.

Agree but just noting that the women's softball and soccer teams seem to have their own Facebook sites which is an open door for anyone wanting to make snarky comments direct to the players. Otherwise athletes don't have to read this Forum or other blogs if they don't want to.

If the teams want to avoid direct negative comment directed at the team or certain players they might want to reassess their policy on having team pages. Not that long ago few people cared about women's sports but now that they are in the limelight things have changed. I'm just surprised the bammers have not discovered them yet.

I was hoping to get a win from this series. It would have been better on the RPI. IF Auburn would have lost the 3rd game, then cancelling helps us with the conference race. I don't know what happened in UT, but that is not the team we will see going forward.

Archived