2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

Picked up an AU offer ...

Blessed To Receive My 18th Offer From Auburn #WarDamEagle

@V8Blazing

1592400.jpg
Shaun Shivers, RB
Hollywood, FL (Chaminade-Madonna)
Ht: 5'7 | Wt: 165 | 40: 4.52

• Class of 2018
  • West Virgnia has early lead

247Sports: NR
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 3*

Offers: Auburn, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, FAMU, FAU, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, McNeese State, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Syracuse, TCU, Temple, Utah, Virginia Tech, Western Kentucky and West Virginia, among others.

Shivers.jpg

Edited by ellitor

• 2 months later...

Named top 3 yesterday of AU, UGA, & WVU

Shaun Shivers goes back and forth when it comes to discussing his recruitment’s leaders. Some days, he names them. Some days, everyone's even. On Saturday, the four-star running back tossed out a list of three.

“I'd say, it’s Georgia and West Virginia,” said Shivers, a class-of-2018 prospect. “It’s Georgia, West Virginia and Auburn, actually.”

Shivers intends to camp at both Florida and Florida State in the weeks ahead and hopes to walk away from both campuses with scholarship offers.

Regardless of what happens, though, the Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna High School standout says he intends to wait to make a verbal commitment.

A timetable, be it a rough one, has been established.

“I’ll probably wait until during my senior year,” Shivers said.

IN HIS WORDS: “I got no favorite right now I'm just going to wait and see how many more offers I get and see if i like the school and the offense of scheme”

RIVALS REACTION: Watt, who has had an outstanding offseason on the camp circuit, has potential to rake in a bag full of new offers as junior. For now, West Virginia and Louisville seem to appeal to Watt, but he hasn’t seen anything close to his last major offer.

• 3 months later...

He is committing this week. We could finally break a long drought and get a new commit for football. Reminds me of PPL. Hope he stays healthy unlike PPL. He was never the same after tearing his acl on a kickoff return.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is committing this week. We could finally break a long drought and get a new commit for football. Reminds me of PPL. Hope he stays healthy unlike PPL. He was never the same after tearing his acl on a kickoff return.

We got a CB from Neighbur today. Shivers likens his game to Darren Sproles. Very comparable..

• Like 1

Noel Devine/Darren Sproles I'll take that kind of play maker in our offense

Edited by Tiger

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Noel Divine/Darren Sproles I'll take that kind of play maker in our offense

HAHA YESSIR!!! Besides when he played us I loved watching that little dude Noel Devine play! I cannot believe he never made a NFL roster as at least a special teams player. One of the quickest players I have ever seen. KILLED us in morgantown in 08.

Edited by GwillMac6

On 10/22/2016 at 10:32 PM, aujeff11 said:

We got a CB from Neighbur today. Shivers likens his game to Darren Sproles. Very comparable..

We have never truly replaced the speed back role since corey grant graduated. I love that comp! dude would kill it on jet sweeps.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHA YESSIR!!! Besides when he played us I loved that little dude Noel Devine play! I cannot believe he never made a NFL roster as a special teams player. One of the quickest players I have ever seen. KILLED us in morgantown in 08.

I still remember when Devine's high school highlights were circulating -- stunning stuff even on VHS quality lolol

He put up 200 on us didn't he?

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I still remember when Devine's high school highlights were circulating -- stunning stuff even on VHS quality lolol

He put up 200 on us didn't he?

Man you are right on the money! He had 207 against us. I know he torched us but dang! Did not know it was that bad. YES! one of the greatest youtube highlight videos I have ever seen.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Man you are right on the money! He had 207 against us. I know he torched us but dang! Did not know it was that bad. YES! one of the greatest youtube highlight videos I have ever seen.

Tried to see where he's at now. Apparently he's in the CFL. But his HS highlight film can essentially be summed up in this blurb here, per wikipedia:

One of his most impressive games of his 10th grade year was in the 63-7 victory over Estero High. Devine rushed for 365 yards and six touchdowns on only nine carries. Devine also returned the kickoff 84 yards for a touchdown.

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Tried to see where he's at now. Apparently he's in the CFL. But his HS highlight film can essentially be summed up in this blurb here, per wikipedia:

LOLOLOL that is just nuts!!! He is filthy. He was a perfect fit for rich rods offense. He TORCHED oklahoma in the fiesta bowl when bill stewart was interim coach. That game was the game that basically got him the job on a permanent basis. Does Cam Akers remind you of Devine?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOLOLOL that is just nuts!!! He is filthy. He was a perfect fit for rich rods offense. He TORCHED oklahoma in the fiesta bowl when bill stewart was interim coach. That game was the game that basically got him the job on a permanent basis. Does Cam Akers remind you of Devine?

Haha so true about Bill Stewart. Yeah Pat White and ND were made for that Rich Rod offense. I haven't watched film on Akers to be honest as I don't watch too many HS highlights unless we are getting close to signing a kid/have already signed the kid. But I had to watch Shivers' video after seeing his listed height and weight. Devine seemed to be a little more shifty to me when comparing with Shivers but of course I'm relying on a 10+ year old memory.

Just now, Tiger said:

Haha so true about Bill Stewart. Yeah Pat White and ND were made for that Rich Rod offense. I haven't watched film on Akers to be honest as I don't watch too many HS highlights unless we are getting close to signing a kid/have already signed the kid. But I had to watch Shivers' video after seeing his listed height and weight. Devine seemed to be a little more shifty to me when comparing with Shivers but of course I'm relying on a 10+ year old memory.

I would say your memory is pretty accurate. WOOPS meant to say shivers since this is the shivers thread and not akers. Devine was a high 4 star if memory serves me correct and at that size you HAVE to be a stud to be ranked so high. Shivers right now is like jf3 with straight line speed. He still will be DEADLY in this offense if he commits to us in 2 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would say your memory is pretty accurate. WOOPS meant to say shivers since this is the shivers thread and not akers. Devine was a high 4 star if memory serves me correct and at that size you HAVE to be a stud to be ranked so high. Shivers right now is like jf3 with straight line speed. He still will be DEADLY in this offense if he commits to us in 2 days.

Oh yeah! We will cause all kinds of fits for defenses with this kind of game breaker on the field

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think it's 5:30 pm ct. And I think it's going to be AU. I'm not fimilar at all with this kid. 

well he can catch a chicken with his bare hands like omac. So thats something! O and he is boys with Joey Football. another plus.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

well he can catch a chicken with his bare hands like omac. So thats something! O and he is boys with Joey Football. another plus.

Joey Football? You talking about Gatewood? If so, everyone need to temper down their Gatewood expectations. You have been warned. 

• Like 1

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Joey Football? You talking about Gatewood? If so, everyone need to temper down their Gatewood expectations. You have been warned. 

NEVER hype train has already left the station. Having said that I WANT STIDHAM more than I have ever wanted any recruit everrrrrrrrrrr.