2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

We just got BETTER! Asa Martin will join Worm in the backfield on the plains #RBU

BOOM!!!!! WAR EAGLE

Momma, I like this RB class. Good kids, good players!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Thanks @Momma Worm!!!

That is one heck of a match up for week one!  And we're all gonna be rooting for our AU family!  I hope Worm shows everyone tonight that the best RB in S FL is a V8 with Auburn plates!!!  War Eagle Worm family!!!

I like that!!!! I must use it and thank you 

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Worm had 16 carries for 23 yards in a 48-20-something rout of Chaminade-Madonna.

They were keying in on him tonight. No room for him to run, and a hold negated a big run from him. @Momma Worm will probably have more on his game

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

They were keying in on him tonight. No room for him to run, and a hold negated a big run from him. @Momma Worm will probably have more on his game

Yes it was a tough long night for the O-line.  Coach just has to adjust and make changes. It was the 1st game of the season against a powerhouse team. Every team we play will key in on Worm & stack the box. Central held & made cheap shots all night but I guess they only saw what they wanted to see. At the end of the day, we lost its over now...we adjust & move on to the next ??

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

Worm had 16 carries for 23 yards in a 48-20-something rout of Chaminade-Madonna.

Oops! I had it backwards. For some reason I thought Worm played for Central. I am looking forward to watching Worm shred defenses this year!

10 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Yes it was a tough long night for the O-line.  Coach just has to adjust and make changes. It was the 1st game of the season against a powerhouse team. Every team we play will key in on Worm & stack the box. Central held & made cheap shots all night but I guess they only saw what they wanted to see. At the end of the day, we lost its over now...we adjust & move on to the next ??

Well, at least Shaun will already be used to that when the rivalry games come around in November. UGA will come with the cheap shots and bama hasn't been called for holding since Dubya was in office. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, at least Shaun will already be used to that when the rivalry games come around in November. UGA will come with the cheap shots and bama hasn't been called for holding since Dubya was in office. 

Absolutely!!! Every game prepares you for the next one! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, at least Shaun will already be used to that when the rivalry games come around in November. UGA will come with the cheap shots and bama hasn't been called for holding since Dubya  JFK was in office. 

FIFY.;D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As of today, we only have 2 RB's committed for 2018. Shaun "Worm" Shivers and Asa Martin (both are great backs), but I'm still hoping Harold Joiner or James Cook will also commit to Auburn.

• Facepalm 2

22 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

As of today, we only have 2 RB's committed for 2018. Shaun "Worm" Shivers and Asa Martin (both are great backs), but I'm still hoping Harold Joiner or James Cook will also commit to Auburn.

We don't need another, we are good. Cook is not happening and Joiner would be used as a TE.

11 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We are likely done at RB. If we ever take Joiner in the class it would be as a Flex TE, not RB.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:22 PM, Momma Worm said:

he is actually 5'7 and 185 about a month ago. & he has gotten bigger since then. 

185 lbs at 5'7, before even getting to a college strength and conditioning program...that's pretty danged stout. I would guess that with Momma Worm's statement about muscles running in the family, he could be up to 200 lbs pretty easily by the time he sees the field at Auburn, and that's plenty of size for running between the tackles. Much as I like the comparisons to Noel Devine, I liked the one to Barry Sanders even better, because Shaun strikes me as being that kind of quick. John Madden said you could put Sanders and another guy in a phone booth and it'd be 10 minutes before the other guy could touch him; if Shivers even approaches that kind of quickness (not to mention change of direction), he can be an "every down" back in the SEC without breaking a sweat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

185 lbs at 5'7, before even getting to a college strength and conditioning program...that's pretty danged stout. I would guess that with Momma Worm's statement about muscles running in the family, he could be up to 200 lbs pretty easily by the time he sees the field at Auburn, and that's plenty of size for running between the tackles. Much as I like the comparisons to Noel Devine, I liked the one to Barry Sanders even better, because Shaun strikes me as being that kind of quick. John Madden said you could put Sanders and another guy in a phone booth and it'd be 10 minutes before the other guy could touch him; if Shivers even approaches that kind of quickness (not to mention change of direction), he can be an "every down" back in the SEC without breaking a sweat.

That's no joke!  

Im 5'7".  When I was playing I was 145 lbs and my weight room numbers were pretty good. An additional 40 lbs of muscle on that frame is really stout!

Now I'm 185 lbs and I look nothing like Worm!!!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hi Guys! 

I'm just throwing this out there... I guess you can call it venting. I've watch the blogs  and listen to the shows when they speak about my son, never taking offense to anything because people are entitled to their opinions. But here in South Florida where a lot of Powerhouse teams reside, the same guy that everyone says is too small is actually considered a threat. Leading up to each game, I hear the news asking can they stop Shaun Worm Shivers or they say nobody has a RB like the Worm or they say their is no RB that you can put in the same sentence with the Worm. They speak as if he is the only thing our team has, yet people have so much to say about his height. We laughed listening to a live blog yesterday because these were the things they were saying. I guess until you actually see his talent in person, you aren't a believer. Again, It was just a funny confusing thought that I felt like sharing. I hope everyone is having a great day! Its game day for us! Wish us luck !

image.png

Edited by Momma Worm
  • Like 7

Momma, from my expeience walking the sidelines, it is the most uninformed that are the loudest when critiquing events and players on the field.  I love seeing their faces and hearing their silence when their latest "analysis" blows up in front of them.  There is no doubt in my mind your son can ball out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Momma, I can't tell you how many similarities there are in the discussions about your son and Tre Mason when he was in this exact same spot. I mean... it's *exactly* the same. And Tre was still hearing it in 2013 while he was busy breaking Bo Jackson's record. Shaun's going to have to hear it for awhile longer, but as Bird said, it will just be that much sweeter when he shuts them up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Momma, I can't tell you how many similarities there are in the discussions about your son and Tre Mason when he was in this exact same spot. I mean... it's *exactly* the same. And Tre was still hearing it in 2013 while he was busy breaking Bo Jackson's record. Shaun's going to have to hear it for awhile longer, but as Bird said, it will just be that much sweeter when he shuts them up. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Momma, from my expeience walking the sidelines, it is the most uninformed that are the loudest when critiquing events and players on the field.  I love seeing their faces and hearing their silence when their latest "analysis" blows up in front of them.  There is no doubt in my mind your son can ball out. 

its just the funniest thing ever. I thought he and I were the only ones that realized this lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

its just the funniest thing ever. I thought he and I were the only ones that realized this lol

Y'all are definitely not the only ones to notice this.  It goes on all the time.  Tell Worm to keep his head held high and prove all those fools wrong!

• Like 1

It's always a team game, but he is a marked man.   At this juncture, just play 100%, have fun, stay healthy and punish the naysayers.   Oh and have fun!!!   

War Eagle to The Worm.