2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

On 5/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, lionheartkc said:

Did anyone else read Momma Worm's thoughts on his skills at corner back and think... hmmmmm... maybe he can provide some much needed depth for a year as he waits his turn to be a starter at running back?  Could be Rudy in reverse.

No.  5'7 is too short to bother with at CB.  Who exactly is he going to replace to "provide depth"?

10 hours ago, Charhair said:

I also think he'd be dangerous receiving out of the backfield. On slip screens, he wouldnt be able to be found behind his blockers and definitely has the speed to take it home. 

I'm thinking he'd look something like LaMichael James did on a couple of screens against us in the BCS National Championship Game back in 2011...just a little crease and he's got 10-15 yards in a snap.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, metafour said:

No.  5'7 is too short to bother with at CB.  Who exactly is he going to replace to "provide depth"?

Come on meta... you know what "depth" means. Our secondary is going to be hurting for warm bodies in 2018.

It's going to be fun once we get Shaun involved. Speed can't be taught, Speed Kills.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, lionheartkc said:

Come on meta... you know what "depth" means. Our secondary is going to be hurting for warm bodies in 2018.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4068640/5721bf5564e96b638005fe14 Freshman Year Hudl at the end is his defensive plays.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

War Eagle!!!   What a great honor for your family!!!   Go and represent; please keep us updated.

I'm starting to get the feeling that if Shaun weren't an athlete, he'd still be really, really good at whatever he pursued. This guy's going to be such an asset to Auburn. 

• Like 5

Hi Guys..... Im sorry I've been missing in action lol. Thank you so much for your support! He got 6th place at the Prefontaine Classic, he didn't get out of the blocks properly.... However, I was just proud that he could be apart of such a wonderful event. That was a once in a life time event. This was HUGE and I am so proud of him. He is in Lane 3DBHY6jIXcAMM4NC.jpg

• Like 5

While he was away at the Nike Sprint Camp, we found out that he was awarded the Miami Herald Offensive Player of the Year and was also nominated Athlete of the Year!

DArV9iVXsAEDvmQ.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, McLoofus said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that if Shaun weren't an athlete, he'd still be really, really good at whatever he pursued. This guy's going to be such an asset to Auburn. 

Awwww that means a lot....Thank you! He is super excited about being apart of the family!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

While he was away at the Nike Sprint Camp, we found out that he was awarded the Miami Herald Offensive Player of the Year and was also nominated Athlete of the Year!

DArV9iVXsAEDvmQ.jpg

Congrats, Momma! Lookin' good!

• Like 4