2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

Shaun Shivers: Shaun Shivers can do little bit of everything

Shaun Shivers - RB - AUB - May. 30 - 4:51 pm et

Rivals recruiting analyst Rob Cassidy notes that Auburn four-star 2018 verbal RB commit Shaun Shivers' "versatility is undeniable."
"One of the fastest running backs in the 2018 class, the Auburn commit’s speed makes him a versatile weapon in a number of facets," Cassidy writes while singling out the 5-foot-5, 170-pounder as one of the standout performers from the Rivals 3 Stripe Camp series. As that measurement would indicate, Shivers' is on the very low end when it comes to height/weight. Cassidy believes that his versatility and speed make up for that size deficit. The analyst's outlet ranks Shivers as the No. 191 overall prospect in the 2018 cycle. May. 30 - 4:51 pm et
Source: Rivals

To see more Shaun Shivers news items click here...
To see more CFB news items click here...
  • Like 5

So I take it his 4.52 speed listed in the OP is wrong?  Reading through this thread seeing him being compared to Noel Devine. Devine has a reported 40 time of 4.26 seconds which is significantly faster than 4.52. But seeing as he is an amazing track runner, I have a hard time seeing him at 4.5. 

I know 40 times aren't a playing speed, and they don't matter that much, but they do give a good idea of playing speed. And if he is comparable to Devine, no way 4.5 is correct. 4.2 is Tim Carter fast. It's crazy those .3 seconds make up THAT big of a difference, but it does.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So I take it his 4.52 speed listed in the OP is wrong?  Reading through this thread seeing him being compared to Noel Devine. Devine has a reported 40 time of 4.26 seconds which is significantly faster than 4.52. But seeing as he is an amazing track runner, I have a hard time seeing him at 4.5. 

I know 40 times aren't a playing speed, and they don't matter that much, but they do give a good idea of playing speed. And if he is comparable to Devine, no way 4.5 is correct. 4.2 is Tim Carter fast. It's crazy those .3 seconds make up THAT big of a difference, but it does.

That 4.26 time was taken by WVU on Devine. That should be taken with a huge grain of salt since we know of Universities cutting 2-3 tenths off of 40 times. for their players...And yep this site has Devine's actual 40s between 4.43-4.47. Tim Carter's 40 time was 4.32 at the NFL combine.

Shaun can run a 10.5/100 per Florida high school track records. That's some speed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That 4.26 time was taken by WVU on Devine. That should be taken with a huge grain of salt since we know of Universities cutting 2-3 tenths off of 40 times. for their players...And yep this site has Devine's actual 40s between 4.43-4.47. Tim Carter's 40 time was 4.32 at the NFL combine.

Shaun can run a 10.5/100 per Florida high school track records. That's some speed.

I'm betting he's faster than 4.52, but maybe it's the exceptional quickness that creates that impression. Nick Marshal's quickness and agility made him more dangerous than his 40 time.

• Like 2

I'll take a shuttle time and a 100 time over a 40 time any day in terms of practical football speed. 

One reason why Hastings makes such a good slot/possession receiver and is so good on those underneath and out routes. The ability to stop on a dime and get moving in the opposite direction quickly is hell on the defender. It's what creates separation and gets the receiver into open space. 

Straight line speed is only so useful for a ball carrier/receiver unless something else is happening to separate him from the defender or until he's already behind the defense. 

Edit: Meant to add that the 100 seems like a better indicator than the 40 when it comes to a guy being a home run threat.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

Auburn commit to visit Michigan as part of bus tour

Rob Cassidy | Recruiting Analyst

Nrjruulscudguq3lp62r
Shaun Shivers

Shaun Shivers is comfortable with his commitment to Auburn. He’s not aggressively looking for a backup plan or searching for greener pastures. His upcoming campus visits are simply the product of him boarding a bus and going along for a ride with his high school teammates.

After all, who doesn’t like a road trip?

The bus tour in which Shivers will take part runs from June 9 to June 15 and will cart a literal busload of college prospects (mostly from Shivers’ high school) to roughly 19 college campuses.

Stops include Kentucky, Michigan State, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Louisville and others. Shivers, however, has one stop on his mind.

“I'm just excited to visit Michigan,” Shivers said via text. I want to meet Coach Jim [Harbaugh} and his staff.”

Shivers doesn’t characterize his contact with the Michigan staff to be intense or advanced by any stretch, but it certainly exists. Conversations have been had and the four-star prospect looks forward to seeing where things stand when he arrives in Ann Arbor.

“They talked to my coach about me they asked if I am still open,” Shivers said. “I know they’ve been stalking.”

But the bus trip isn’t just about Shivers. His Chaminade-Madonna High school program is stocked with major FBS talent. Alabama commit Xavier Williams will accompany Shivers on the tour. As will Kentucky commit Marvin Alexander and high-level 2019 DB Te'Cory Couch. Four-star cornerback Keontra Smith (2019) also attends the school and may be included in the large traveling party.

RIVALS REACTION: Shivers may not budge from his Auburn commitment, but Michigan could offer him something to consider. The bigger news will likely come from other members of the tour, as offers and possible commitments will likely take place during the road trip.

• Like 1

Hope he has a great trip and enjoys the opportunity and experience. And Momma, tell Shaun to bring some Michigan kids back home with him :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thanks for updating...I hadn't seen the article before now. I will be on the tour as well.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I hope y'all have a great time and come home with lots of stories about how these other programs just pale in comparison to The Plains. hahaha

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hope he has a great trip and enjoys the opportunity and experience. And Momma, tell Shaun to bring some Michigan kids back home with him :) 

lol... Thank you, I will most definitely tell him. This is our mini vacation trip that we take each year so Im excited to visit the different schools for the camps. He will miss the Tennessee camp because he will be at the Rivals Top 100, so we will pick him up in Kentucky on Sunday. Plus Shaun will be taking his five visits later in the year, well four because of course one will be at Auburn. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I hope y'all have a great time and come home with lots of stories about how these other programs just pale in comparison to The Plains. hahaha

Thank you... well you know he is so small so im curious as to what they would be looking to do with him lol  

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:36 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

His last recorded time through Nike was 4.49 verified.... however at Georgia last summer after being given a chance to warm up, he was recorded running a 4.32 with Rivals and 247 onsite however, I believe it was hand timed. He has legit speed, he was born with. He was #2 in the nation at the age of 7 yrs old at the AAU Junior Olympics. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

His last recorded time through Nike was 4.49 verified.... however at Georgia last summer after being given a chance to warm up, he was recorded running a 4.32 with Rivals and 247 onsite however, I believe it was hand timed. He has legit speed, he was born with. He was #2 in the nation at the age of 7 yrs old at the AAU Junior Olympics. 

Very Considerate Mic drop...Momma Worm holds the truth...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hi Guys!!!! We made it back safely! Thank you for the traveling blessings. Worm will be home (Auburn) for a couple days in July. I believe that is the next time he travels. Right now he is being filmed for a documentary on his life through a family friend JT Thomas that plays for the New York Giants. Its a big deal and we are so excited. He has a story that needs to be heard for the upcoming youth that often feels like this is too much (School, football, track, etc.) A lot more people will root for him once they realize the struggle and why he works so hard. I cant wait until its finished and for you guys to see it!  

Get the popcorn and tissues ready...

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Hi Guys!!!! We made it back safely! Thank you for the traveling blessings. Worm will be home (Auburn) for a couple days in July. I believe that is the next time he travels. Right now he is being filmed for a documentary on his life through a family friend JT Thomas that plays for the New York Giants. Its a big deal and we are so excited. He has a story that needs to be heard for the upcoming youth that often feels like this is too much (School, football, track, etc.) A lot more people will root for him once they realize the struggle and why he works so hard. I cant wait until its finished and for you guys to see it!  

Thanks for keeping us posted Momma!  Here's to hoping he adds a few chapters to that story wearing Orange and Blue!!!

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

*high five*

• 3 weeks later...