2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

On 6/19/2017 at 11:09 AM, Momma Worm said:

Hi Guys!!!! We made it back safely! Thank you for the traveling blessings. Worm will be home (Auburn) for a couple days in July. I believe that is the next time he travels. Right now he is being filmed for a documentary on his life through a family friend JT Thomas that plays for the New York Giants. Its a big deal and we are so excited. He has a story that needs to be heard for the upcoming youth that often feels like this is too much (School, football, track, etc.) A lot more people will root for him once they realize the struggle and why he works so hard. I cant wait until its finished and for you guys to see it!  

Wow...I can't wait to watch.   Indeed safe travels.   Don't overextend yourselves.  Happy=safe.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Kid passes the eye test, he looks pretty stout.

Not only that but focused and intense. He has a Carl Lawson look on his face.  You have to like that.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Thanks to the "Worm" family for continuing the pipeline from Dillard High to Auburn...WDE!

• Like 3

Shaun Shivers, track star and football star

As you’ve probably heard, Shaun Shivers is lightning fast.

The 3-star Auburn running back commit brings track speed to the 2018 recruiting class. And I don’t say that as the common football cliche you hear about fast players. Shivers is actually a track star who plans to be a multi-sport athlete on the Plains....

This summer provided Shivers an opportunity to flaunt his skill set on a national stage. Shivers participated in the 200-meter dash at the Prefontaine Class in Oregon where he qualified for the finals in the event.

Speed is 3-star RB commit Shaun Shivers’ biggest weapon on the football field.
DSC_0123_t6joz9.jpg

He placed sixth with a time of 21.08 seconds. For some context, that time would already put Shivers in 20th of the 35 qualifying times posted at the 2017 SEC outdoors, and — in case you forgot — Shivers is going into his senior year of high school.

The national track experience set the Auburn commit up nicely for his multi-sport future.

“The experience was so nice, running against all the fastest kids in the nation,” Shivers said. “Oh yeah, it was a real good experience.”

With the summer track schedule complete, Shiver has turned his full attention to football. That doesn’t involve recruiting unless, of course, he’s the one recruiting other 2018 prospects to Auburn. Kentucky and Utah continue to recruit Shivers, and Kentucky has one of Shivers’ high school teammates Keontra Smith committed in the 2019 class.

But Shivers gives all coaches the same message.

“I’m 100 percent Auburn, that’s all,” Shivers said.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:
Shaun Shivers, track star and football star

As you’ve probably heard, Shaun Shivers is lightning fast.

The 3-star Auburn running back commit brings track speed to the 2018 recruiting class. And I don’t say that as the common football cliche you hear about fast players. Shivers is actually a track star who plans to be a multi-sport athlete on the Plains....

This summer provided Shivers an opportunity to flaunt his skill set on a national stage. Shivers participated in the 200-meter dash at the Prefontaine Class in Oregon where he qualified for the finals in the event.

Speed is 3-star RB commit Shaun Shivers’ biggest weapon on the football field.
DSC_0123_t6joz9.jpg

He placed sixth with a time of 21.08 seconds. For some context, that time would already put Shivers in 20th of the 35 qualifying times posted at the 2017 SEC outdoors, and — in case you forgot — Shivers is going into his senior year of high school.

The national track experience set the Auburn commit up nicely for his multi-sport future.

“The experience was so nice, running against all the fastest kids in the nation,” Shivers said. “Oh yeah, it was a real good experience.”

With the summer track schedule complete, Shiver has turned his full attention to football. That doesn’t involve recruiting unless, of course, he’s the one recruiting other 2018 prospects to Auburn. Kentucky and Utah continue to recruit Shivers, and Kentucky has one of Shivers’ high school teammates Keontra Smith committed in the 2019 class.

But Shivers gives all coaches the same message.

“I’m 100 percent Auburn, that’s all,” Shivers said.

That is one fast individual. I bet at night he turns the light switch off and gets into bed before the room gets dark. 

• Like 3

I love this kid! Been one of my favorites since he signed. Gotta appreciate the kids like him and JG, there aren't many of them these days 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I love this kid! Been one of my favorites since he signed. Gotta appreciate the kids like him and JG, there aren't many of them these days 

Dude has been recruiting errbody. I hope it's not over bearing to some guys. He's working on Ross and Williams now.

• Like 2

I always appreciate the kids who really want to play for Auburn. Sounds like this kid really bleeds orange and blue. Can't wait to see him on The Plains. 

• Like 8

Love it when we get true fans of the school and not just football players! I think this kid genuinely loves Auburn. So does his mom!

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Worm is a special kid no doubt about it. We will all enjoy him in orange and blue trust me.

Kid deserves a paycheck for what he's done this cycle 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kid deserves a paycheck for what he's done this cycle 

Don't even joke about paying players....???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Don't even joke about paying players....???

Don't worry.  @Momma Worm would have nothing of that.  These are Auburn people. They play by the rules.

• Like 3