Null



RunInRed

2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

Recommended Posts





Reminds me of West Virginia RB Noel Devine. I wish i didn't remember Devine, because he slashed us. The WORM is anticipated and much welcome by this fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a Rodgers kid that played at Oregon state years ago. Worm reminds me of him . Insane balance and speed 

Edited by JDUBB4AU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

There was a Rodgers kid that played at Oregon state years ago. Worm reminds me of him . Insane balance and speed 

Jaquizz. Played for Falcons, and now at Tampa Bay.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, alexava said:

Reminds me of West Virginia RB Noel Devine. I wish i didn't remember Devine, because he slashed us. The WORM is anticipated and much welcome by this fan.

I still have nightmares of him clowning us. He averaged like 10YPC against us in those games. Hope Worm brings the pain like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Summer... he has to be there by May 27

Oh come on Momma... don't you mean he "can't wait" to be there by May 27? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Oh come on Momma... don't you mean he "can't wait" to be there by May 27? :) 

That too lol... I am so sick of the countdown already :angry::Sing:

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote

 

All In: Ranking Auburn's scholarship players (No. 59)

ByBrandon Marcello
 

No. 59: RB Shaun Shivers, freshman

Recruiting ranking: 4 stars, 0.8939 247Sports Composite; No. 10 all-purpose running back

Notable: Shaun Shivers is the smallest player on Auburn's roster at 5-foot-7, 173 pounds, but it's his speed that has coaches believing he could play immediately for Auburn at running back or receiver. Shivers ran the 100-meter dash in 10.29 seconds and the 200-meter dash in 20.81 seconds in high school. He also rushed for more than 6,000 yards during his high school career at Chaminade-Madonna High in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. No one should expect Shivers to be an every-down tailback before his career at Auburn comes to an end, but he could add a dynamic the Tigers love to lean on: speed on offense and special teams.

2018 outlook: What's so interesting about Shivers is that he was an every-down type of tailback in high school despite his lack of size. He ran between the tackles and, as he would tell you, delivered the pain.

“Oh, yeah, I love that,” Shivers said. “My freshman year I actually played defensive back on varsity, so ever since then I just always been like a hitter. Everything I do, I take pride in it. I love playing defense because I like to hit.”

The film certainly does not lie for the super fast, quick-cut tailback. He not only fits the typical role of an outside runner, but he also runs toward tacklers and is not afraid of contact, even against defensive linemen.

“See, 300 (pounds), that’s nothing,” Shivers said. “You’ve got to be at least 400 pounds.”

Shivers rushed for 1,807 yards and 23 touchdowns while averaging 11.7 yards per carry during his senior season. “I watch some (smaller tailbacks) but I wouldn’t compare myself because they run differently than me,” he said. “They’re shifty backs. I’m a straight, downhill runner like I’m still 6-4 or something. I run downhill.”

Shivers led Chaminade-Madonna Prep to the class 3A state title game in Florida.

"I saw him play in person in high school in the state championship game, and I was pleasantly surprised with how effective he was in between the tackles, particularly as small as he is," Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton said. "He really did a nice job there. I think obviously on the perimeter, he's going to be exceptional. It just kind of remains to be seen how quickly he can pick up the offense, how much of the offense he can handle in terms of the pass protection and pass routes and all that. But I think as far as being someone who can make things happen on the perimeter, I would like to think he can do that."

 

 

Edited by ellitor
Added article boidy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

“See, 300 (pounds), that’s nothing,” Shivers said. “You’ve got to be at least 400 pounds.”

Shivers rushed for 1,807 yards and 23 touchdowns while averaging 11.7 yards per carry during his senior season. “I watch some (smaller tailbacks) but I wouldn’t compare myself because they run differently than me,” he said. “They’re shifty backs. I’m a straight, downhill runner like I’m still 6-4 or something. I run downhill.”

Momma there goes that man

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

“See, 300 (pounds), that’s nothing,” Shivers said. “You’ve got to be at least 400 pounds.”

Shivers rushed for 1,807 yards and 23 touchdowns while averaging 11.7 yards per carry during his senior season. “I watch some (smaller tailbacks) but I wouldn’t compare myself because they run differently than me,” he said. “They’re shifty backs. I’m a straight, downhill runner like I’m still 6-4 or something. I run downhill.”

Momma there goes that man

Love the attitude, but he needs to remember to keep that on the practice field and not in front of the sports writers. We don't need the big uglies painting a target on him.

  • Facepalm 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be alot of opposing players making fun of him and underestimating him so it'll be great seeing the first time that he runs someone over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Love the attitude, but he needs to remember to keep that on the practice field and not in front of the sports writers. We don't need the big uglies painting a target on him.

I suspect that he isn't someone who will, or has ever struggled with focusing on accomplishing his goals. When people doubt you all your life, or tell you that you can't do something, it puts a fire in your belly that no amount of attention or recognition can put out. You don't get to where he is without it.

Edit: Lion, I kind of misread your comment the first time. If my response seems unrelated to your point, that's probably why.

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Gonna be alot of opposing players making fun of him and underestimating him so it'll be great seeing the first time that he runs someone over.

Somebody should make a gif of one of the LBs he trucked his JR or SR year in his highlights.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

“I watch some (smaller tailbacks) but I wouldn’t compare myself because they run differently than me,” he said. “They’re shifty backs. I’m a straight, downhill runner like I’m still 6-4 or something. I run downhill.” 

Hate to say it but Harold Joiner could learn from this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Love the attitude, but he needs to remember to keep that on the practice field and not in front of the sports writers. We don't need the big uglies painting a target on him.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. But He has ALWAYS  done his part on and off the field. Its not a put on its real life for him. do your research on him. If he doesn't speak highly of himself who will? He has no fear and that's the way he has been taught to be and how he is. That's who he is and how he always has been. People are going to think what they want anyway, you just formed an opinion right? so it happens. He has ALWAYS been target since he touched the field about his height and everything else. What your worried about is peanuts to us. No disrespect, just giving it to you in real rare form.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@lionheartkc How are you getting quotes to show up like that? You are the only one I'm seeing do it?

Highlight the whole thing and then click the quote button that appears, just like when you quote a small portion of something someone says.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Gonna be alot of opposing players making fun of him and underestimating him so it'll be great seeing the first time that he runs someone over.

Of course, since he's been playing a teams game plan is to ALWAYS stop Worm. So its always fun to watch him prove people wrong. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Thank you for your words of encouragement. But He has ALWAYS  done his part on and off the field. Its not a put on its real life for him. do your research on him. If he doesn't speak highly of himself who will? He has no fear and that's the way he has been taught to be and how he is. That's who he is and how he always has been. People are going to think what they want anyway, you just formed an opinion right? so it happens. He has ALWAYS been target since he touched the field about his height and everything else. What your worried about is peanuts to us. No disrespect, just giving it to you in real rare form.  

It's not about speaking highly of himself, Momma, and I have no doubt he can back up what he says. It's about not giving big guys with attitudes bulletin board material to feed off of. In the college game, it's best to let your play on the field do the talking for you. It's especially important when sports writers are around as they will go out of their way to use your words against you and your team. Carl Lawson was a great example. He never said much, but everyone knew he was a bad man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barnacle said:

I suspect that he isn't someone who will, or has ever struggled with focusing on accomplishing his goals. When people doubt you all your life, or tell you that you can't do something, it puts a fire in your belly that no amount of attention or recognition can put out. You don't get to where he is without it.

Not to mention the fact that not one single opposing player is ever going to try harder or suddenly have an extra dislike for Worm because of him saying these things to a reporter. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the comments, if they were to ever even read them.

I can't imagine it, though. Even in complimentary posts in this thread, people are calling him a "scatback". It wasn't meant as an insult, but that dude just dominated as a running back for an entire high school career at a power school in Florida. There is a lot more evidence that he is an every down running back than there is that he's not. 

No wonder he's got so much swag. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Love the attitude, but he needs to remember to keep that on the practice field and not in front of the sports writers. We don't need the big uglies painting a target on him.

I understand tho... I read your comments and I can sense the uncertainty in your voice and that's understandable. Your entitled to feel how you feel, but just know this, he isn't as small as you think is for the SEC. He comes with power, strength and speed. The only thing that handicaps him is his height and that still means nothing but I tell you what, Sooner than later you will be a believer in who he is and what he is about not only as an athlete but as a person. Once you start believing, your 1st Shivers jersey is on  me 👍

  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Highlight the whole thing and then click the quote button that appears, just like when you quote a small portion of something someone says. 

Ahh! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now