2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

19 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

At 5’ 7”, Worm is still comparable. This is an awful metric but Grant at 205 gives him a 2.9 Lb/inch density. Worm at 180lbs would give him a 2.7 Lb/inch density. A 6’ 2” 225lb back would have a 3.0 Lb/inch density. 

FWIW, Kam Martin at 195 gives him a 2.8lb/inch density so I think we’re okay!

A reasonable way to look at it. Not worries here about weight (or the lack thereof).  More about strength, toughness and knowing how to leverage the weight he has (assuming he can keep the ball Off the ground).

I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen and wish him well as he establishes his own personal brand in the backfield. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, around4ever said:

As you know, there is a difference in straight line, with no pads, speed and football field, in full pads, speed.  I never thought Tre had great football field speed.  I can't wait to see the football field speed of our latest group of  RBs. 

My point was I think Tre was faster than a lot of us though, even in pads. It's part of what made him an elite college back. He could pull off some big runs.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, lionheartkc said:

You're totally missing what I'm saying, Momma. I have no doubt that Sean will do great things. I'm already a fan. All I'm saying is that it's better to do them than say them, especially when reporters are around.  I'd say the same thing about any other player on the team.

Very good advice IMO.   :thumbsup:

Talk softly and carry a big stick.

• Facepalm 3

On 6/21/2018 at 4:08 PM, lionheartkc said:

Love the attitude, but he needs to remember to keep that on the practice field and not in front of the sports writers. We don't need the big uglies painting a target on him

LOL. He said it like a man that enjoys football. He didn't call any team or person out in particular. I love the confidence. I haven't seen Gus come out about the comments; if I'm a coach I'm loving natural enthusiasm to succeed and work hard. I'm sure some ya'll are equally as offended by Stidham coming out saying he believes we can win it all this year. How dare that man show confidence, he's got a target on him now.  Can't wait to see Mr. Shivers suit up and play, and what a luxury to have a player in which we will never have to question his work ethic, determination, and personal motivation.

WDE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Thats why I said different era.  OC would be a better comparison.  My point was that I don't want to take away a skill set and advantage he has over others just to add weight.  How many games did he miss and how many injuries did he have playing great competition in south Florida?

No missed games and played through injuries 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

No missed games and played through injuries 

Exactly.  

7 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

LOL. He said it like a man that enjoys football. He didn't call any team or person out in particular. I love the confidence. I haven't seen Gus come out about the comments; if I'm a coach I'm loving natural enthusiasm to succeed and work hard. I'm sure some ya'll are equally as offended by Stidham coming out saying he believes we can win it all this year. How dare that man show confidence, he's got a target on him now.  Can't wait to see Mr. Shivers suit up and play, and what a luxury to have a player in which we will never have to question his work ethic, determination, and personal motivation.

WDE

If his work ethic, motivation, determination, etc. is even close to what KJ had (and honestly, I think it probably matches or exceeds) then count me in!!!

If Tre Mason could be an every down, between the tackles RB (and he dang sure could!) then I have NO DOUBT that Worm can do the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Worm is going to be a fan favorite before its all said and done IMO. He's going to be electric for us. Sure he's small but his frame makes me feel like he has a chance to be a good pass protector once he understands the offense. 

I'm calling it now we will use one his 4 games to run the woody play. If Bert was still at Arky we probably would run it vs them lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

Worm is going to be a fan favorite before its all said and done IMO. He's going to be electric for us. Sure he's small but his frame makes me feel like he has a chance to be a good pass protector once he understands the offense. 

I'm calling it now we will use one his 4 games to run the woody play. If Bert was still at Arky we probably would run it vs them lol

Shivers seems to run low to the ground. I think he compares more favorably to Mike Dyer than Grant. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Shivers seems to run low to the ground. I think he compares more favorably to Mike Dyer than Grant. 

I was going to suggest Tre Mason.  Either way good comparisons to this young man.  Can't wait for him to report tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

42 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was going to suggest Tre Mason.  Either way good comparisons to this young man.  Can't wait for him to report tomorrow.

(On the field) Mike Dyer & Tre Mason comparisons are very good things.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Mason with a little more pop and way more top end speed. Doesn't mean he'll be as/more productive. Tre had a freaky nose for yards to go with his incredible balance and low center of gravity. Never seen a back keep getting yards while leaning forward at a 45+ degree angle like he did. 

Mason and Dyer both also had very special leg drive. I'm guessing that Shivers will, too. 

Good to see my dude getting some love in here.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good to see my dude getting some love in here.

I have a feeling you want him as your "2018 man crush."  ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have a feeling you want him as your "2018 man crush."  ?

He's testing my "no freshmen" stance for sure. 

• Like 1

Will be shocked if Shaun does not quickly become an outstanding kickoff return man, a role I see as being his first for us. Good speed & zero fear.

Edited by aucanucktiger

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Will be shocked if Shaun does not quickly become an outstanding kickoff return man, a role I see as being his first for us. Good speed & zero fear.

Not sure there will be many KO returns with the new rule in place.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:54 AM, ellitor said:

My point was I think Tre was faster than a lot of us though, even in pads. It's part of what made him an elite college back. He could pull off some big runs.

I did not realize this until researching it.  E has said this before and it is true.  Tre ran a 10.9 100 in HS.  Part of what might make him look slower is his stature.  5-8 210 does not look fast when running like 5-8 180 does lol.  Tre also had a kick return at AU for 97 yards which does not happen to the slow of foot.  I was wrong about him in my previous posts a good while back about his speed.

• Like 2

The Worm Shivers recruiting thread is closed for business by demand. We now have a thread on the football forum for him.  Discuss Worm there to your content.

• Like 1