2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

2 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

Wow, big game. Happy to hear y'all are pumped to be AU. I for one can't wait until next year, is Shaun's plan to redshirt or play early? War Eagle

Play Early

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Good Morning AU Family!

We had a big weekend! Worm led his team to compete in a Florida 3A State title in which we play on December 10, 2016 in Orlando, FL. Shaun rushed 20 times with 278 yards and 5 TD's. We have 3 rounds of playoffs and this was the last round. he has rushed for a total of 630 yards total in those 3 games with 9 TD's. our high school hadn't won the district nor competed in the playoffs since 2009 so we are blessed!

Congrats to your son.  Sounds like he is doing all he can for his team.  Best of luck in the playoffs!

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

4 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

Wow, big game. Happy to hear y'all are pumped to be AU. I for one can't wait until next year, is Shaun's plan to redshirt or play early? War Eagle

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Play Early

That's great, I can't wait. 

On 11/23/2016 at 0:35 PM, Momma Worm said:

LOL... I SEE! I PROMISE HE WILL FUN TO WATCH! PEOPLE ALWAYS LET THE SIZE FOOL THEM AND SHAUN POSSESS WHAT YOU CANT TEACH AND THATS HEART! HE WAS BORN WITH IT :)

Couldn't agree more and Thank you for joining us.

• Like 2

We are Running Back University, and it looks like the Worm is going to fit right in. Welcome to Auburn , and to this site.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Momma, has Worm commented to you on our recent success with QB commitments and interest. Hope he is pumped to play at AU. To be named Player of the year in the Fort Lauderdale area is really something. Tons of talent there. Congrats! Be proud of your son. We are.

He has rushed for a total of 1580 yards & 20 TD's for the season. He gained 791 yards & 10 TD's during the playoffs!

This shows me that when he got to the Playoffs that the Worm took it to another level; that he was able to gain as many yards , and Touchdowns in the Playoffs as he did in the regular season is remarkable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Momma, has Worm commented to you on our recent success with QB commitments and interest. Hope he is pumped to play at AU. To be named Player of the year in the Fort Lauderdale area is really something. Tons of talent there. Congrats! Be proud of your son. We are.

He has not. What you will learn about him is that he is not  a  big talker.However, I do know that he is super excited to become an AU Tiger! Yes I almost wrecked my car when I found out lol. Sun Sentinel covers Broward- Palm Beach County so that's a HUGE accomplishment especially because he is only a Junior!

Edited by Momma Worm
  • Like 3

Congratulation on his fine season and the award that he earned. Will try and wait patiently for him to join the Auburn team but it will be hard. War Eagle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to update you on Shaun Worm Shivers accomplishments since the season is officially over!

Worm is being named the Sun Sentinel Player of the year! he was also named the 2016 All Team Finals 1st Team RB!

He has rushed for a total of 1580 yards & 20 TD's for the season. He gained 791 yards & 10 TD's during the playoffs!

Worm scored an 80 yard touchdown during the state championship on the 1st play of the game for a TD. (we lost but we will be back next year!)

Worm has created highlight film from the season, I hope you enjoy it! please see below:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4068640/shaun-shivers

Thank you for your constant support! #WarEagle   

Adding highlights to OP. Thanks for sharing MW!

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Congratulation on his fine season and the award that he earned. Will try and wait patiently for him to join the Auburn team but it will be hard. War Eagle

Thank you!

I can't wait to see this kid blaze a trail down the field in Jordan Hare! Congrats to you and your son, mom! War Eagle!

Saw Worm play had a great game against a very very experience playoff team who I believe won their 3 straight championship. He had 140 yards for the night and dang he is fast.

Thanks for your insight Momma Worm 

19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw Worm play had a great game against a very very experience playoff team who I believe won their 3 straight championship. He had 140 yards for the night and dang he is fast.

Golf, you must be feeling better. 

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Golf I didn't realize they let people like you outside of the nursing home 

Wow this kids is amazing... There is another recruit in this video I think Gus needs to consider...At 3:37 there is an amazing tackle (perfect form, just how you draw it up) on the umpire.... I say TWill need to sign this kid ASAP.. LMAO.... Sorry.. back to Mr. Worm amazing talent.. can't Wait until he is on the plains.. 

Edited by dmoney

Link

The saying "Now you see me, now you don't" doesn't really apply to Shaun Shivers.

Because opposing defenses never see the Chaminade-Madonna tailback when he pulls off one of his patented long touchdown runs.

The 5-foot-5 junior hides behind his big linemen when he first takes a handoff, and once he explodes through a hole, his speed takes over and he's gone.

Shivers did it quite a few times during a phenomenal postseason stretch when he led the Lions' stellar run to Florida's Class 3A final. Shivers seems the perfect fit for a small-school team that few believed could advance to the championship round.

"We started off slow, kind of shaky. Everybody doubted us, but we made it," Shivers said.

The recent Auburn commit had a lot to do with it.

In the regional final against top-ranked Oxbridge Academy and a ThunderWolves defense that had dominated opponents all season, Shivers reeled off a 97-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter to help seal Chaminade's victory.

The resurgence of Cardinal Gibbons was among this fall’s best high school football stories. With a newly installed aerial attack, the Chiefs beat the likes of 3A finalist Chaminade and 8A semifinalist Deerfield Beach, and took just two losses —both to eventual 5A champ American Heritage. At the center of that Gibbons offense was sophomore QB Nik Scalzo, who leads the All-Broward first-team offense for small schools.

"Whenever he breaks off a big run, it's a huge weight off my shoulders," Lions quarterback Henry Colombi said.

The Lions leaned on Shivers throughout the playoffs. In the state semifinal at Melbourne Central Catholic, he ran for five touchdowns and 270 yards to put the Lions in the state title game for the first time since 2005.

Once in Orlando, facing a stacked Jacksonville Trinity Christian team that has now won four consecutive state titles, Shivers took the ball 80 yards for a touchdown on the first play from scrimmage.

He finished a four-game postseason stretch with 749 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns.

"Everybody doesn't play football with heart," Chaminade coach Dameon Jones said. "He plays football with heart. That's what it boils down to."

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 5