2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

1 hour ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Congrats on the state title!

Great block at the 2:04 mark,  doing whatever it takes!

That was a great block!  We’ve all seen Worm run like a scalded dog!  That has never been a question....But that block was great to see!  You don’t see many RBs make good blocks on highlight reels.  He showed some good vision on those runs too. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evaluation

Shivers is a one-cut-and-go type running back that has the speed to take it the distance from anywhere on the field, but could project as a slot receiver as well. He obviously lacks size, but plays much bigger than his size and has no problem putting initiating the punishment. Crafty, slippery ball carrier that knows how to navigate through clutter and in tight spaces. Shivers runs patiently behind his blocks, but shows good acceleration and burst once finding his running lane. This is an all-purpose back that has a reputation for putting fans at the edge of their seats.

Unlike some of our speed backs he has the ability to run between the tackles. His short stature (low Center of gravity) and powerful build allows him to break tackles and run over people for a couple of extra yards when needed. Every play is a potential long gain because of his speed and shiftiness. He is shifty in a tight space with great vision and his short stature gives him two other advantages one he is hard for defenders to see and two many defenders hit him to high and slide off. 

I believe he may surprise people in his ability to be an every down back 185 pounds on a 5'5 to 5'7' frame depending who you are talking to is a powerful back. Along with Asa Martin and Harold Joiner I believe the future will show this is one of our better running back classes, even though I expect to see Joiner as a Hybrid RB, TE, HB and even a slot receiver at times. With KJ and KP going to the NFL this will be a much needed infusion of top notch talent. 

Now lets get a new O-Line coach and get our big Nasty's working as a powerful mean group to support our RB's and QB's

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, AidiAU said:

@Momma Worm aside from Worm, who are some of your fav recruits for this class? I imagine you were able to get to know a few of them this past weekend.

@AidiAU Don't kill me but I LOVE them all personality wise and their families are awesome! We have already become friends. I have not watched film on everyone and I don't go off rankings because they really mean nothing. I look at the level of play but as for now I love the all.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

@AidiAU Don't kill me but I LOVE them all personality wise and their families are awesome! We have already become friends. I have not watched film on everyone and I don't go off rankings because they really mean nothing. I look at the level of play but as for now I love the all.

Know some coaches who went to the Under Armour game and all of the coaches from South Florida were talking about Worm. "Best player by far in South Florida" was the census.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Give this lady a number so that I can buy her jersey already. 

(Also, another indication that Gus really does "get it" in some important ways and really has built a family here.)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Know some coaches who went to the Under Armour game and all of the coaches from South Florida were talking about Worm. "Best player by far in South Florida" was the census.

@WarDamnEagleWDE Thank you. Yes he wasn't chosen for any of those games which is cool. Everybody complained about it. But I look at it at as another reason to show people what you he is about and prove the doubters wrong. It has definitely created an even bigger chip on his shoulder that's why I am so excited to see him get to Auburn. Somethings you have to see in person lol. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Give this lady a number so that I can buy her jersey already. 

(Also, another indication that Gus really does "get it" in some important ways and really has built a family here.)

@McLoofus I enjoy myself every time I m in Auburn. I love being on the Plains. They are my new family and they are really great people. We have such a good time whenever we meet up. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

No killing here :) I'm only talking about personality wise - I'm loving Anthony Schwartz on Twitter! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Someone please put Momma Worm on the recruiting trail to close out this class with pizzazz!!

She's already out there, can't you tell?

• Like 1

young man is gonna light up the score board early and often. I cannot wait to see him lower the boom on an unsuspecting LB or DB. Slippery as butter and strong as titanium!

You know how to scare the pants off of any DC we face?  Have Shivers, Schwartz, and Slayton, and Stove all on the field together. Speed kills and this kind of speed will blast radar guns off of their handle! How could you defend this?

Edited by doc4aday

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

You know how to scare the pants off of any DC we face?  Have Shivers, Schwartz, and Slayton, and Stove all on the field together. Speed kills and this kind of speed will blast radar guns off of their handle! How could you defend this?

Run like hell and pray for rain...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

young man is gonna light up the score board early and often. I cannot wait to see him lower the boom on an unsuspecting LB or DB. Slippery as butter and strong as titanium!

That's a lot of 'S'es (esses?), especially if you add in Stidham.