2018 4* RB/KR/ATH Shaun "Worm" Shivers (AU 10/26/16)

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

?

Little 

Ball

Of

Hate

This is still one of my all time favorite football nick names. 

• Like 1

Just curious...

When does an actual signed and on the roster football player cease to be in the Recruiting Forum and discussion migrates to the Football Forum?

:beer2:

6 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Little 

Ball

Of

Hate

100000000%. It honestly, truly makes it that much more disappointing for me that Blackmon didn't really fulfill his promise while here. I wanted so badly for him to be our next Takeo Spikes and for that to nickname to go mainstream.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Tray Blackmon's nickname was Little Ball of Hate. Which you probably know,

I actually didn't.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

When does an actual signed and on the roster football player cease to be in the Recruiting Forum

They don't usually.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

discussion migrates to the Football Forum? 

Whenever posters want create a thread & discuss him on the Football Forum.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's a legit advantage he will have and could possibly even use to serious advantage. KJ aside, "One does not simply become Leveon Bell". But defenders will occasionally lose track of him. I hope he can find a way to exploit that, especially since he's probably going to have more burst than KJ does and he doesn't need much daylight to find a crease.

Another advantage to his size is his small strike zone. Maybe he'll fulfill the promise of the LBOH that Blackmon never really did. 

I do wonder how many chances he will even get to run up the middle. Gus might strictly use him for outside runs at least this first season.

Edited by WFE12

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

Little 

Ball

Of

Hate

Close second to "He Hate Me"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I do wonder how many chance he will even get to run up the middle. Gus might strictly use him for outside runs at the this first season.

Maybe it’s my brain forcing the comparison but I picture him being a Corey Grant that’s better between the tackles. Hope we get to see him on the return team too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know what his max bulk up is to keep his potential at its highest in terms of production and what he can do but have you seen this kid? He is swole. He’s got tree trunks for legs and he has a lot of muscle to protect his bones as it is now. He’s already been praised as being a workout warrior in his early time in Auburn.

Yeah, I have seen him and still like to imagine him closer to 200 than 180. I wasn't dissing the guy or talking down. Imagine if he blows up like Tre Mason did. Mason packed on close to 20 pounds and it helped him a ton. I'd like to see the same for Worm. 

19 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Yeah, I have seen him and still like to imagine him closer to 200 than 180. I wasn't dissing the guy or talking down. Imagine if he blows up like Tre Mason did. Mason packed on close to 20 pounds and it helped him a ton. I'd like to see the same for Worm. 

Different type of backs.  I know it was from a different era but Lionel James was 5'-6" and 162 lbs.  He was also not a nationally recognized sprinter with sprinter speed.  He had a pretty good pro career as well without adding the bulk.  Onterrio Speedwagon was 5'-11" and 173 lbs.  He averaged 6.4 yards per carry at Auburn, did well in kick return and in the passing game.  Worm is 4 inches shorter than OC and weighs the same.  I think he will do well and be put in positions to help the team and himself be successful.  I prefer to let the young man keep the God given ability of speed at the RB position and let him ball out.  I'm not saying Tre mason was slow but he couldn't catch Shaun if Shaun was carrying Mason's girlfriend.

• Like 3

but could Lionel survive in today's era with defenders twice as big/strong/fast as they were in his era? I'm not saying he couldn't but times are just different. I mean I get all of these points....but is it that bad I'd like to see the kid a little bigger by his sophmore/junior year? lol I mean It''s kind of expected he'll add more size in two years 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EclecticTiger said:

Little 

Ball

Of

Hate

We have a linebacker now that is called by CS “a rolling ball of butcher knives “ in KJBritt that’s a pretty good Knick name too! 

• Like 1

I feel like what I said came off the wrong way. I know Worm is an elite running back. I know he's a solid ball of muscle with elite speed. I'm not doubting his abilities or size. I'm just fantasizing if he added even more mass with his body now and turned into a Ray Rice/Maurice Jones Drew type of body.  

1 hour ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Maybe it’s my brain forcing the comparison but I picture him being a Corey Grant that’s better between the tackles. Hope we get to see him on the return team too.

I believe my exact words (of hope) early on were "Corey Grant with hips and vision". Somebody will probably say "Corey Grant weighed 200-205." Okay. I stand with Worm and Whiskey. 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I'm not saying Tre mason was slow but he couldn't catch Shaun if Shaun was carrying Mason's girlfriend.

Tre was faster than he looked. He ran a 4.5/ 40 at the combine. I do think Worm is faster but not sure it's dominatingly so.

7 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

turned into a Ray Rice/Maurice Jones Drew type of body.  

I'd worry about him maintaining his speed & elusiveness at that size. Neither one of those 2 were a jet on legs like Worm. Even though they play different positions I think Worm fills out more like Tyreek Hill.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'd worry about him maintaining his speed & elusiveness at that size. Neither one of those 2 were a jet on legs like Worm. Even though they play different positions I think Worm fills out more like Tyreek Hill.

Yes please...

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

I feel like what I said came off the wrong way. I know Worm is an elite running back. I know he's a solid ball of muscle with elite speed. I'm not doubting his abilities or size. I'm just fantasizing if he added even more mass with his body now and turned into a Ray Rice/Maurice Jones Drew type of body.  

Says the guy whose profile pic was taken in a weight room! J/k man. 

Whatever the "right" number is, it sounds like Shaun has been doing everything he can to add muscle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

but could Lionel survive in today's era with defenders twice as big/strong/fast as they were in his era? I'm not saying he couldn't but times are just different. I mean I get all of these points....but is it that bad I'd like to see the kid a little bigger by his sophmore/junior year? lol I mean It''s kind of expected he'll add more size in two years 

Thats why I said different era.  OC would be a better comparison.  My point was that I don't want to take away a skill set and advantage he has over others just to add weight.  How many games did he miss and how many injuries did he have playing great competition in south Florida?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

I do wonder how many chance he will even get to run up the middle. Gus might strictly use him for outside runs at the this first season.

If he blocks and holds onto the ball, I think Gus will be "fair". 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

IMG_1255.GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I believe my exact words (of hope) early on were "Corey Grant with hips and vision". Somebody will probably say "Corey Grant weighed 200-205." Okay. I stand with Worm and Whiskey. 

At 5’ 7”, Worm is still comparable. This is an awful metric but Grant at 205 gives him a 2.9 Lb/inch density. Worm at 180lbs would give him a 2.7 Lb/inch density. A 6’ 2” 225lb back would have a 3.0 Lb/inch density. 

FWIW, Kam Martin at 195 gives him a 2.8lb/inch density so I think we’re okay!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m excited about Worm. Takes me back to the days of Lionel “Little Train” James. For that reason, I wish he would wear #6. Gus and Chip have some weapons to work with. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tre was faster than he looked. He ran a 4.5/ 40 at the combine. I do think Worm is faster but not sure it's dominatingly so.

As you know, there is a difference in straight line, with no pads, speed and football field, in full pads, speed.  I never thought Tre had great football field speed.  I can't wait to see the football field speed of our latest group of  RBs. 

• Like 1