TSD done, Reed not returning

If GT let's Romello White out of his NLI since he has not gone to school at GT yet would he be eligible to play immediately or would he have to sit out a year? He is 6'8" 4* Power Forward that would fit in very well at Auburn.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If GT let's Romello White out of his NLI since he has not gone to school at GT yet would he be eligible to play immediately or would he have to sit out a year? He is 6'8" 4* Power Forward that would fit in very well at Auburn.

Been trying to figure this out myself. I know should know this but I don't.

Based on this and this it seems it would depend on the type of release GT gave.

Provision 6 – Release Request and Appeal Process

If you have signed an NLI and would like to break that contract in order to sign with another university, it is known as asking for a 4-4 transfer.

Once you send the form, the athletic department must respond within 30 days. There are three options for them to respond:

1. No release – This means you are not released from the NLI and all of its provisions are still in effect.
  2. Complete release – This means you are released from all of the NLI’s provisions.
  3. Removal of the recruiting ban – This means the recruiting ban is lifted, but the NLI penalty is still in effect if you do not fulfill the NLI.

The penalty referred to above for not fulfilling the NLI is siting a year.

Based on this and this it seems it would depend on the type of release GT gave.

Provision 6 – Release Request and Appeal Process

If you have signed an NLI and would like to break that contract in order to sign with another university, it is known as asking for a 4-4 transfer.

Once you send the form, the athletic department must respond within 30 days. There are three options for them to respond:

1. No release – This means you are not released from the NLI and all of its provisions are still in effect.
  2. Complete release – This means you are released from all of the NLI’s provisions.
  3. Removal of the recruiting ban – This means the recruiting ban is lifted, but the NLI penalty is still in effect if you do not fulfill the NLI.

The penalty referred to above for not fulfilling the NLI is siting a year.

I assume the reason for the request is the change of coaches at GT..... That is often considered a valid reason.....seems the school ought to cut him some slack there...but you never know.

If White gets Option 2 the complete release and decides to sign with us there is no doubt we want him. What if he gets Option 3 removal of the Recruiting ban and he has to sit out one year. Would he still be a take?

If White gets Option 2 the complete release and decides to sign with us there is no doubt we want him. What if he gets Option 3 removal of the Recruiting ban and he has to sit out one year. Would he still be a take?

Only the coaches & basketball insiders can answer that. There's nowhere near the info for that stuff or people connected like with football.

need to bump this thread for an incredibly important question ...

gotta get my daughter a basketball jersey. who would be the "coolest" jersey to get her. Curry is out ... because there are too many of them. I'd rather not get lebron or kobe ... she mentioned harden, but she doesn't know squat about basketball (and of course i know very little). I was wondering about westbrook. I tried to talk her into old school, like Dr. J, but she didnt want any part of that.

Alright you young guys ... I need your opinions (mods, can you help a brutha out and give this post a few hours???)

gotta get my daughter a basketball jersey. who would be the "coolest" jersey to get her. Curry is out ... because there are too many of them. I'd rather not get lebron or kobe ... she mentioned harden, but she doesn't know squat about basketball (and of course i know very little). I was wondering about westbrook. I tried to talk her into old school, like Dr. J, but she didnt want any part of that.

Alright you young guys ... I need your opinions (mods, can you help a brutha out and give this post a few hours???)

CHARLOTTE HORNETS KEMBA WALKER.

Orrrrr someone more famous -- Kevin Durant is a good guy and obviously great player. Westbrook seems to be "aggressive" which turns people off for some reason but he's an incredible talent. Anthony Davis is a good guy and could potentially be the best player in the league in the near future but he plays for the Pelicans which is a terrible mascot/jersey. Kawhi Leonard of the Spurs will be good for a long time but the jersey is relatively boring. John Wall, Kristaps Porzingis, Damian Lillard, Paul George, Andrew Wiggins, Karl Anthony-Towns, are all young guys who should be good for a while if you are looking to stretch this jersey's life for a few years. That's just off the top of my head.

There are so many of Curry because he is the coolest. The name of the game is shooting the ball and nobody in the history of the world has done it better than Steph Curry. If you really want something different while being the coolest. Get her a black Curry jersey. It's their alternate unis. Most jerseys are white or blue.

After Curry I would go with Durant. Very smooth game.

Zack Levine. Lillard. But I don't know what you asking. Best looking jerseys or the most popular? Or up and coming players maybe?

My top five of NBA players would be:

-Curry

-Allen Iverson

-Westbrook

-Durant

- Bryant

Coolest would easily be Iverson or Westbrook.

Finding an nba jersey at a brick and mortar store was impossible. No go at dicks, foot locker, academy, hibbetts and some local places ... Finally found a champs with jerseys. Lebron, curry, harden and Davis ... So I go Davis.

The daughter is happy so I get the good dad gold star for the day. Read up on Davis... Dude is a player and I'm a saints fan and the Pelicans have my high school colors ... Must be fate

Finding an nba jersey at a brick and mortar store was impossible. No go at dicks, foot locker, academy, hibbetts and some local places ... Finally found a champs with jerseys. Lebron, curry, harden and Davis ... So I go Davis.

The daughter is happy so I get the good dad gold star for the day. Read up on Davis... Dude is a player and I'm a saints fan and the Pelicans have my high school colors ... Must be fate

Unibrow is a good choicer & a future star.

Unibrow is a good choicer & a future star.

He is the best center in the game today.

Lol at Mustache telling us to go read up on him.

And yes, you'd think he would take that big money of his and laser some of that unibrow off or something.

Jeff the "read" was as in "I read up on Davis"

Well then you might want to make that more clear next time. Lol.

His unibrow is part of his personal brand. I think he trademarked the term "fear the brow" or something similar. And plus he'd look insecure and soft if he lasered it off now after having it out in the open for so many years now.

His unibrow is part of his personal brand. I think he trademarked the term "fear the brow" or something similar. And plus he'd look insecure and soft if he lasered it off now after having it out in the open for so many years now.

No he wouldn't look soft.

Soft in the same sense of a man getting laser hair surgery or any other cosmetic surgery...maybe I'm judging? lol

This year he didn't progress as much as I thought he would. Sort of disappointed. I'm really wanting Levine to make a big jump

Minnesota is going to be a force in the next few years. Wiggins, Anthony-Towns, Levine, even Rubio is only 25...and Thibs is coaching them -- they are so young and they will have some direction now.

Archived