Baseball vs Miss State

Tells us the sad state of affairs when there is no thread for the game. Lipscomb gave it a good try for a while but could not get that 3rd out...or keep his 84mph fastball off the heart of the plate.

I tried to watch some it......the effort was so pitiful I switched to Vandy and Florida....now that was some quality baseball.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tells us the sad state of affairs when there is no thread for the game. Lipscomb gave it a good try for a while but could not get that 3rd out...or keep his 84mph fastball off the heart of the plate.

I tried to watch some it......the effort was so pitiful I switched to Vandy and Florida....now that was some quality baseball.

I think you're being a bit too hard on Lipscomb. He threw almost 6 innings of 1 ER ball. I'll take that from a starter every time out. SS error in the third is what derailed this game.

I think you're being a bit too hard on Lipscomb. He threw almost 6 innings of 1 ER ball. I'll take that from a starter every time out. SS error in the third is what derailed this game.

That's true....but all the damage came with two outs....errors and displays did not help. He's the best we have but another 4 or 5 mph would be nice....but either way he can't without some offense and the league leading team hitting has disappeared. Niko is good about every game but it is hit or miss after that.....fielding still loose too. AU is a tough place to be a pitcher right now.

I like Cole..no question in my mind that he is giving a full 100 .%.

Man I'm out here today and it's frickin hot. Maybe the boys will put on a show for us.

It appears you're already getting to watch the circus...I mean error show....early on

Damn...7-0 already in the second

8-0 now after back to back homers. I'm gonna check out on that note. Wake me up signing day, boys.

Do they run rule in baseball ? If not, maybe it should be considered.

I quit watching it and now just concentrating on the softball championship

Its a beat down pretty much. Lashlee is sitting a few rows from us, think I'll break up the monotony and go talk some offense. :)

Its a beat down pretty much. Lashlee is sitting a few rows from us, think I'll break up the monotony and go talk some offense. :)

Im not sure discussing offense with him would be any less monotonous...inside draw, read-option, screen pass, punt :-\

Might ask him who his starting QB will be....get a scoop....

Headed down to the Plains tomorrow for only my 2nd baseball game of the year. Hope the team shows up and gets a win.

Thompson probably really glad for the softball team right now. Seems like AU doing the typical late season collapse again. Still very early in the Thompson tenure to judge the team. Hope they can improve quickly though. It's not like AU can live with missing the SEC tournament on a regular basis.

Thompson probably really glad for the softball team right now. Seems like AU doing the typical late season collapse again. Still very early in the Thompson tenure to judge the team. Hope they can improve quickly though. It's not like AU can live with missing the SEC tournament on a regular basis.

I know Sunny and Holliday had to go but ....no question...but we should have been back to the SEC. I expect Butch is going to make some decisions about whether AU can win with certain players on the team...expecting a lot of new faces and maybe some starters not returning. JMO

I know Sunny and Holliday had to go but ....no question...but we should have been back to the SEC. I expect Butch is going to make some decisions about whether AU can win with certain players on the team...expecting a lot of new faces and maybe some starters not returning. JMO

Good. He needs to make it his team.

Someone explain to me in baseball terms why is it that this team has pitched and played defense sooo badly this year that the reason is Thompson needs his own players to get this team competitive.

Why can't a coach have a team be competitive this year even as he recruits and over the next 2-3 years brings his own players he thinks he can win consistently with.

Isn't this the team that went to the NCAA last year and now is the worst team in the SEC?

I hope Butch gets his hands around this team in the fall and spring workouts. He didn't have a full year to work with the players , but this is still a most disappointing season. It can be a big and difficult jump from assistant coach to head coach for some, let's hope not for him in season 2.

I do expect a lot of new faces starting next year for the team.

Someone explain to me in baseball terms why is it that this team has pitched and played defense sooo badly this year that the reason is Thompson needs his own players to get this team competitive.

Why can't a coach have a team be competitive this year even as he recruits and over the next 2-3 years brings his own players he thinks he can win consistently with.

Isn't this the team that went to the NCAA last year and now is the worst team in the SEC?

There is no explanation and thus no excuse. I say that with 30+ years of involvement in baseball at various levels behind me. I was happy with Thompson's hire and I'm nowhere near ready to give up on him, but this season's team has been a very surprising disappointment. They should have been much better than they are. Players don't forget how to field a grounder between seasons. Something is wrong.

And 52 errors from 4 Jr/Sr infielders is ridiculous. And we lack power pitchers. In yesterday's blowout against MSU. 7 pitchers for us combined didn't strike out 1 batter after giving up 16 runs.

There are so many problems I don't have enough energy to address them all. But it has to start with teaching and mental baseball toughness.

comparing sports programs,our girls play like guys and our guys play like girls....really, really sad....bruce pearl will fix basketball, but football and baseball, i am afraid, are going to be down for a while....the girl sports programs are trending up

I recall when some folks went nuts when Sunny told some players they did not have wining attitudes.

Well I hope people will be more understanding when Butch does the same with some guys who played this year...and need to move on. Butch will need to be a bit cold blooded about what it is going to take .

I recall when some folks went nuts when Sunny told some players they did not have wining attitudes.

Well I hope people will be more understanding when Butch does the same with some guys who played this year...and need to move on. Butch will need to be a bit cold blooded about what it is going to take .

Does Butch have that side to him? I know all i see is the sound and video bytes from interviews and he seems very low key. I hope he does know how to push and mentally strenghten this team. I dont see much discipline on the playing field this year, as we are last in fielding.

There is a very important mental aspect to baseball, and coaches have to teach this part of in at this young adult age. It to me is what makes teams championship calibre.

That wasn't the problem with Sunny. It was HOW he told them. It's one thing to be honest and forthright. It's quite another to demean a college kid and destroy his self confidence. Cruelty has no place in coaching at any level.

These kids don't believe in themselves. They don't trust Butch yet and they don't have any chemistry as a team. They don't seem to have a leader either. They just seem kind of lost.

Archived