Baseball vs Miss State

I recall when some folks went nuts when Sunny told some players they did not have wining attitudes.

Well I hope people will be more understanding when Butch does the same with some guys who played this year...and need to move on. Butch will need to be a bit cold blooded about what it is going to take .

If he does it the same way and is as much of an a****** about it as SG was, then no I will still not be understanding. There is a difference in a hard-*** coach and a toxic one. Both sometimes have to let players go. Doing it publicly and in the manner SG did it is the latter, and after hearing him further unprofessionally demean Auburn (not just the AD) after he left, I just can't understand why he still has admirers on this board.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not condoning abuse but talking about being able to coach an aggressive winning team. Baseball is mostly an individual game...about each player doing his job well and playing winning ball. JMO but the problems are not about chemistry or trusting Butch..but about individual attitudes....Butch needs to sort that out and prune the tree.

Meanwhile, to continue the trend of 2016, Auburn just dropped a pop fly, allowing 2 MSU runs to score. 7-0 Moo State in the 7th.

they are consistent...playing consistently bad. Worst fielding team in the league, and avg to below pitching will give us the record we deserve. I just hate it that this new coaching staff couldnt find a way to make this team at least competitive or sound defensively.

they are consistent...playing consistently bad. Worst fielding team in the league, and avg to below pitching will give us the record we deserve. I just hate it that this new coaching staff couldnt find a way to make this team at least competitive or sound defensively.

I am willing to give Butch and his staff a break..nothing going to change now ...it's about what happens after the season is over.

Yes, being at the game , this team doesn't have any fight or get-up and go. They don't seem to care, just going through the motions.

Is that a refliection of the type of players or a HC that cant get the best effort out of the team he coached all year?

Guess it will take a while to know but Butch is used to. success and knows what it takes

...a matter of putting the HC cap on and not seeming to accept underperformance.

You might want to ask around about the outfield pep talk at Mizzou this year. You would wonder HOW those things can be said at a major university in 2016 in America. Sunny might have been a major hard arse but he wasnt a bigot.

I recall when some folks went nuts when Sunny told some players they did not have wining attitudes.

Well I hope people will be more understanding when Butch does the same with some guys who played this year...and need to move on. Butch will need to be a bit cold blooded about what it is going to take .

That wasn't the problem with Sunny. It was HOW he told them. It's one thing to be honest and forthright. It's quite another to demean a college kid and destroy his self confidence. Cruelty has no place in coaching at any level.

These kids don't believe in themselves. They don't trust Butch yet and they don't have any chemistry as a team. They don't seem to have a leader either. They just seem kind of lost.

Do your research on his pitching staff eras over time. Up and down all over the map. We just had the worst season in 33 years and 2nd worst in 61 years. There is a direct correlation how we got from the #26 rpi team to #125 and falling with more talent on this team than last year even with Keegan out.

Is that a refliection of the type of players or a HC that cant get the best effort out of the team he coached all year?

Guess it will take a while to know but Butch is used to. success and knows what it takes

...a matter of putting the HC cap on and not seeming to accept underperformance.

At least Sunny is out front and hides nothing well. It's the folks in our athletic dept doing some really nasty things in the shadows that you should be angry about. And I've known several of these buffoons for over 20 years. Got to know Sunny last year and he's not perfect but the reputation comes from petty parents and players that can't stand a tough approach. Like a poster said on here a couple years ago, Joe Simpson has never met the guy yet uses 2nd hand info to publicly slander him. I'd put Sunny in front of a bunch of crooked Auburn people.

If he does it the same way and is as much of an a****** about it as SG was, then no I will still not be understanding. There is a difference in a hard-*** coach and a toxic one. Both sometimes have to let players go. Doing it publicly and in the manner SG did it is the latter, and after hearing him further unprofessionally demean Auburn (not just the AD) after he left, I just can't understand why he still has admirers on this board.

That wasn't the problem with Sunny. It was HOW he told them. It's one thing to be honest and forthright. It's quite another to demean a college kid and destroy his self confidence. Cruelty has no place in coaching at any level.

These kids don't believe in themselves. They don't trust Butch yet and they don't have any chemistry as a team. They don't seem to have a leader either. They just seem kind of lost.

Just like the program in general....lost. Sunny was a hard ass and didn't make people happy, but his team went to a regional last season. I'm glad he's gone....but this year has been a total meltdown. A few, albeit rare bright spots. The wheels on this bus came off when Renfroe was let go too soon...and the bus has now crashed and burned.

At least Sunny is out front and hides nothing well. It's the folks in our athletic dept doing some really nasty things in the shadows that you should be angry about. And I've known several of these buffoons for over 20 years. Got to know Sunny last year and he's not perfect but the reputation comes from petty parents and players that can't stand a tough approach. Like a poster said on here a couple years ago, Joe Simpson has never met the guy yet uses 2nd hand info to publicly slander him. I'd put Sunny in front of a bunch of crooked Auburn people.

Troll?

Never watched it. But Dr George Hardy from Alexander City and former Auburn cheerleader starred in one of those Troll movies

Troll?

I will note that Sunny gets blasted by certain people about saying nasty things about.JJ........yet almost daily people on this board say FAR worse about JJ and folks eat it up. The selectively indignant.....just love it.

Care to share that, "knowledge", while posting it as opinion?

Put my IP address with that nuclear bomb? No thanks.

Frankly my friend, one way or the other, I don't give a damn.........BUT CLUE buddy....the website has your IP addy....IT is a wonderful thing don'tchaknow........Are you smart enough to hide your ip addy? lol

Say what you'd like, but if you don't put up some backing to your claims.....they remain that, just claims. May be true, may be sour grapes.

Bo, you come across as knowing some info ... But with minimal posts in here ... There are folks with piles of credibility that still get blasted around here. Got any specifics? Your diatribe is so vague as to be difficult to follow ... Nearly rambling. I'm guessing you got ticked after the team's horrific showing this weekend.

Go ahead and give details ... It's just us AUF folks reading ...

This Bo poster is either the same guy or the brother of the one that is Pawloski's BFF. They love everybody but the current coach and spew unfounded BS to back up their foolish feelings.

Bo: Put up or shut up. Claims as outlandish as yours require substantiation if you are to be taken seriously.

Hence my comment about posting too many specifics. Just seeing if there are others in the know. More will likely come when players don't have someone dangling their scholarships over their heads and have moved on. Maybe not. The PR machine is strong under JJ. That's definitely one thing this bunch is good at - manipulating public perception

Frankly my friend, one way or the other, I don't give a damn.........BUT CLUE buddy....the website has your IP addy....IT is a wonderful thing don'tchaknow........Are you smart enough to hide your ip addy? lol

Say what you'd like, but if you don't put up some backing to your claims.....they remain that, just claims. May be true, may be sour grapes.

Uh huh......from football alone, more are tuned into the JJ machine than you think they are, but whatever...

All you got is a rumor, until you nail it down..

Not even saying I don't believe you, I'm saying prove it....

So, until then, you've got nothing.

Talk or walk.

Not a fan of Pawlowsy. Was tough on Sunny until he put up in year 2 and saw his plan to build program on defense and pitching first. Would have put up similar offense this year with his two star jucos leading the way. DRob is real close to Sunny and got to think his struggles were related to the upheaval by our brain trust ad. Pitching would have been a 180 under Holliday who got the 3rd best era in SEC in conference games last year with little quality depth.

This Bo poster is either the same guy or the brother of the one that is Pawloski's BFF. They love everybody but the current coach and spew unfounded BS to back up their foolish feelings.

Bo: Put up or shut up. Claims as outlandish as yours require substantiation if you are to be taken seriously.

That's easy for the uninformed to say. You have no accountability. If you don't like what I got, move on to the next post. I don't owe you jack squat.

Uh huh......from football alone, more are tuned into the JJ machine than you think they are, but whatever...

All you got is a rumor, until you nail it down..

Not even saying I don't believe you, I'm saying prove it....

So, until then, you've got nothing.

Talk or walk.

Wah, wah, wah.....What's wrong Bunky? Someone holding you responsible for what you say? Terrible, huh...

I don't owe you anything, either. Starting with belief.

Awwww.....poor little muffin.

Archived