Softball vs. lsu - SEC Championship

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama softball is like bama football in that they usually get the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile go look up Clint's comment about Patrick Murphy when he first arrived....bet he smiles every time he thinks of it.

I am of the opinion that uat is NOT a top 5 team. How in the world can you be ranked #4 nationally (well tied for #4) yet #5 in your own conference? That simply doesn't compute. I know they are good but I believe we are way better. I don't think uat makes it to oklahoma city either. They only reason they were ranked ahead of us nationally is because we lost 4 in a row. They are the only team in the top 8 with double digit losses.

The field of 64 announced tonight at 9PM. Auburn will host a regional and by winning the SEC tournament yesterday should have locked up a national top 8 seed and will likely host a super regional the following weekend.

True. I didn't feel they were as good as their ranking, but it makes a good point saying they are top five. :) Bama also didn't play us in a series, which could have given them a few more losses.

Bama softball is like bama football in that they usually get the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile go look up Clint's comment about Patrick Murphy when he first arrived....bet he smiles every time he thinks of it.

I remember that extremely well and think about it often during the season. I think he has done just what he said he was going to do.

I remember that extremely well and think about it often during the season. I think he has done just what he said he was going to do.

Please save we unenlightened or forgetful ones: What comment?

“I just hope to make Pat Murphy’s life miserable,” Myers said, referring to Alabama’s softball coach and his new archrival. “I mean, he has the predominant program in the state after winning the national title.”

http://m.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/softball/auburn-university-softball-new-coach-wants-to-make-life-miserable/article_3fefb0b2-d54a-11e2-8007-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

I'd say we've made Pat's life miserable and then some. Clint is 4-3 vs Bama in his three seasons and has won 3 straight. We gain more and more momentum over them as well. The attention we are getting by winning the SEC Tourney and such has got to be killing them!

Definitely pitiful that bama was nationally ranked ahead of us. I think we had slid to 8th in the RPI coming into the SEC tournament after those 4 straight losses. After beating bama, Florida and LSU in two days, I expect we will get a 5th or 6th seed tonight.........a 4 seed seems possible.

Is there a way to see how we are recruiting for the future? What players have committed? where do our recruiting classes rank among others? hard to find info online. Would be interested in learning more. Is there somewhere to get that information?

"I just hope to make Pat Murphy's life miserable," Myers said, referring to Alabama's softball coach and his new archrival. "I mean, he has the predominant program in the state after winning the national title."

http://m.oanow.com/s...8.html?mode=jqm

Many Garcias.

You win SEC ChampionshipS you get respect however begrudgingly. You win multiple NCAA/NCEA ChampionshipS, you get a national following. If you play for Auburn you get our love, respect and a War Eagle!

Looking for Clint to turn the tide on recruiting....Alabama has some good in state players.and we should get our share of them.

Archived