2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One thing's for sure, he's got some good offers now and he'll have an opportunity to do his thing in some high profile college football games. My only complaint will be if he shoves it down Auburn's throat some day. 

Like being a 5 year old at the dinner table again...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Webb is going to have a lot of choices before his recruiting is finished. I think it is a potential double edge sword for AU. If we take him and a RB we pass on balls out, we will think twice about it, or if we don't take him and he balls out at some P5 school we will be thinking twice about it. 

Of course, if we take him and he breaks all rushing records at AU then it does not matter what happens at the other schools. 

46 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Webb is going to have a lot of choices before his recruiting is finished. I think it is a potential double edge sword for AU. If we take him and a RB we pass on balls out, we will think twice about it, or if we don't take him and he balls out at some P5 school we will be thinking twice about it. 

Of course, if we take him and he breaks all rushing records at AU then it does not matter what happens at the other schools. 

With the quality of RB's in this class if we don't take him and he balls out at another P5 School it will still be ok if the guy we picked instead of him balls out at Auburn. If we do pick him up I will be very happy but if we don't because we have another RB rated higher I will be happy with that to. There is a plethora (that is my $5.00 word for the day) of great RB's to choose from this year.

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With the quality of RB's in this class if we don't take him and he balls out at another P5 School it will still be ok if the guy we picked instead of him balls out at Auburn. If we do pick him up I will be very happy but if we don't because we have another RB rated higher I will be happy with that to. There is a plethora (that is my $5.00 word for the day) of great RB's to choose from this year.

Would you say I have a plethora of sweaters...?

3 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

Would you say I have a plethora of sweaters...?

I don't know do you have a lot of sweaters?

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I don't know do you have a lot of sweaters?

Yes El Guapo...

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's not just famous... he's INfamous. 

And I am good looking for an old fat guy. LOL

44 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

He will visit Auburn this week as well

He does have one thing going for him. Between Auburn and Alabama, since 2000, we tend to get more "Mr. Footballs". Unfortunately KJ is the only one in recent history who has panned out much at all.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

He does have one thing going for him. Between Auburn and Alabama, since 2000, we tend to get more "Mr. Footballs". Unfortunately KJ is the only one in recent history who has panned out much at all.

Going back and looking link AU has not had a lot of luck putting these guys in the pros.  AU has had 2 go pro (KJ yet to be determined) while Bama has had 4 go pro.  The better question is: Does it speak more negative to the award or the talent in AL that only 7 of these guys in 35 years has gone pro?

22 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Going back and looking link AU has not had a lot of luck putting these guys in the pros.  AU has had 2 go pro (KJ yet to be determined) while Bama has had 4 go pro.  The better question is: Does it speak more negative to the award or the talent in AL that only 7 of these guys in 35 years has gone pro?

The award is like the Heisman. It is merely for recognition of past accomplishments, and it is always given to a skill player. It is in no way a predictor of future success nor a meaningful statement on the overall talent in the state. Be happy for the kids who win it but don't look for meaning in it. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The award is like the Heisman. It is merely for recognition of past accomplishments, and it is always given to a skill player. It is in no way a predictor of future success nor a meaningful statement on the overall talent in the state. Be happy for the kids who win it but don't look for meaning in it. 

Although since recruiting has become so popular it often goes to 1 of the highest rated skill players as of late even though this year is different to this point.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Although since recruiting has become so popular it often goes to 1 of the highest rated skill players as of late even though this year is different to this point.

Good point, sir. 

On 3/2/2017 at 1:18 PM, lionheartkc said:

PSSSSSSSSSSS Can you keep a secret? I thought Clint Mosely would be very productive for us!!! lol. He did have that 4 td game vs ole miss in 2011 though I THINK. AM I RIGHT?! MEMORIES!

Aight muhhhh dudes whats the word on this young man? His numbers are out of this world. I am guessing it is the size is why we have not offered as of now. I admit I have not paid that much attention to him since my favorite RB in this class is Harold Joiner and I have been focused on him a lot more.

Tough kid he is small 5'8 184 ,but strong as a bull good vision even better balance great blocker for his size. Harold is a good jumbo ATH with speed to burn. Two other RB's I like are Tae Provens of Madison County (may end up being a WR in college) and Kavosiey Smoke of Wetumpka high school he's in the 6'0-5'11 210 range. Both have SEC offers, but I haven't heard their names mentioned to much when it comes to Auburn.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Aight muhhhh dudes whats the word on this young man? His numbers are out of this world. I am guessing it is the size is why we have not offered as of now. I admit I have not paid that much attention to him since my favorite RB in this class is Harold Joiner and I have been focused on him a lot more.

My guess is size is part of it But also there aren't as much receiving being shown in his highlights as the other RBs we have offers. Using RBs as a receiving weapon seems to be important to Chip.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

My guess is size is part of it But also there aren't as much receiving being shown in his highlights as the other RBs we have offers. Using RBs as a receiving weapon seems to be important to Chip.

appreciate the feedback. I dig that about chip! been awhile since we incorporated a back heavily in to the passing game! Looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

True about the lack of receiving in Webb's highlights. That's why it will be important for him to attend school camps. Kid actually has good hands. The thing I like about Joiner if he doesn't work. out at RB with his size speed and receiving ability he can easily play TE or WR.

On 3/4/2017 at 0:02 PM, GwillMac6 said:

PSSSSSSSSSSS Can you keep a secret? I thought Clint Mosely would be very productive for us!!! lol. He did have that 4 td game vs ole miss in 2011 though I THINK. AM I RIGHT?! MEMORIES!

Clint was in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like the rest of the QBs around then. We were just a really bad football team, from whistles to clipboards to cleats.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Clint was in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like the rest of the QBs around then. We were just a really bad football team, from whistles to clipboards to cleats.

But some of that is on Clint too.   In today's game,. A good QB matters. 

La'Damian Webb doesn't have an offer from Auburn yet, but he's remaining patient.

"They're telling me that they're going to wait and see," said Webb after his trip to Auburn last weekend for Junior Day. "I'll wait it out for a while and see how it goes."

The state's reigning Mr. Football winner has picked up offers from Bowling Green, Indiana, Iowa State, Louisville, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Toledo and Troy so far. He's hoping to add Auburn to that list soon.

"It would be pretty good," Webb said. "They'd definitely be in my top five.

"I like their playing style. I think I'd be a great fit with them. They said I'm perfect with the offense they run, especially with the new offensive coordinator, Chip (Lindsey). I'd give them more options to get the ball open in space."

The 5-foot-8, 184-pounder put up big-time numbers as a junior at Beauregard in nearby Opelika last fall. He tallied 3,342 rushing yards and a state-record 53 total touchdowns. Beauregard defeated Wenonah 33-13 in the AHSAA Class 5A state championship game in December as Webb rushed a whopping 51 times for 359 yards and five scores.

Mr. Football La'Damian Webb see new recruiting interest

Mr. Football La'Damian Webb see new recruiting interest

Hornets coach Rob Carter said Alabama, Auburn and North Carolina have shown interest in the last week.

"With (things like) the inside zone, he's got the ability to not be seen," Beauregard head coach Rob Carter told AL.com in January. "He kind of hides behind all those big linemen."

Webb has no timetable for a commitment and has "not really thought" about narrowing down his list of offers yet. Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has signed three of the last five Mr. Football winners in Alabama -- Jeremy Johnson in 2012, Roc Thomas in 2013 and Kerryon Johnson in 2014.

Auburn already holds one commitment from a running back in the 2018 recruiting cycle. Three-star all-purpose back Shaun Shivers (5-foot-5, 175 pounds) joined the class last October.

Webb is ranked as a three-star prospect and the nation's No. 33 running back in the 247Sports Composite. 

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/03/ladamian_webb.html#incart_river_home_pop

Archived