2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

He isnt anything like pettway. I picture more of a Tre Mason, Mike Davis (south carolina), Cam Artis-Payne type. If he can get his stride longer as mentioned already in this thread he could add some top end speed but he's quick enough as it is.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Seems like a horse - Carnell carried the ball over 40 times against UGA I believe.  I know it is HS, but this kid played D also and avg'd 7+ yds.  Pretty stout.  Only going to get stronger.  Lock him up.  Visions of a back like Pettway comes to mind in about 3 yrs. 

Webb is a great prospect, but 5'8" and 180 doesn't bring Pettway to mind. Maybe closer to Tre Mason?

9 hours ago, Beaker said:

Seems like a horse - Carnell carried the ball over 40 times against UGA I believe.  I know it is HS, but this kid played D also and avg'd 7+ yds.  Pretty stout.  Only going to get stronger.  Lock him up.  Visions of a back like Pettway comes to mind in about 3 yrs. 

Webb averaged 10.4 ypc al dot com has his total number of  carries wrong if you are referring to Webb . Really happy for him a lot of P5 schools are interested now. From Big 12 to Pac-12 and of course SEC schools

His measurables remind me of Donnell Humphrey at SDSU.  If he could yield half of Humphrey's production then he would be well worth the take.  And a stronger passing attack would take just enough pressure off of the running game for is size to be less of a factor.

On 5/19/2016 at 7:54 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Potential for the AU player nickname hall of fame - right up there with Lionel "Little Train" James, Charles "Teapot" Brown and Walter "Barbeque" Tate (famous for sniffing out Bobby Bowden's "Dumrooskie").

Teapot is not his given name..it's Charles and he was a VERY GOOD linebacker..too bad he wasn't 6'2" or taller..but we also had James "Bo Peep" Joseph, Walter "Shine ON" Reeves...

42 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Teapot is not his given name..it's Charles and he was a VERY GOOD linebacker..too bad he wasn't 6'2" or taller..but we also had James "Bo Peep" Joseph, Walter "Shine ON" Reeves...

I'm not sure who you're referring to but Teapot Brown (given name) played running back for Auburn from 1988 - 1991.

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'm not sure who you're referring to but Teapot Brown (given name) played running back for Auburn from 1988 - 1991.

Yes..from Dothan High in Dothan, AL...played linebacker in high school and started as a freshman on a 6A Region winning, state playoff team....and his given name is Charles Levan Brown...aka Teapot. 

13 hours ago, SIR ISAAC said:

His measurables remind me of Donnell Humphrey at SDSU.  If he could yield half of Humphrey's production then he would be well worth the take.  And a stronger passing attack would take just enough pressure off of the running game for is size to be less of a factor.

2018 recruit, he'll be big enough to play at Auburn. 

On January 23, 2017 at 11:53 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

Heard that Chip Lindsey visited Mr Webb this AM. Nice! 

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

True. RB commit Shawn Shivers is 5'6 165 pounds and that's stretching it. Webb will be big enough. 

On January 23, 2017 at 11:53 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

Heard that Chip Lindsey visited Mr Webb this AM. Nice! 

On January 25, 2017 at 8:46 AM, McLoofus said:

True. RB commit Shawn Shivers is 5'6 165 pounds and that's stretching it. Webb will be big enough.

31 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I thought he was going to bamas jr day already. They're on the same weekend, correct?

He is still going to Bama's Jr day, but it's not until next month. 

11 hours ago, Datank45 said:

I may be wrong on Bama's Jr. day dates I will double check. I hope so too!

I think they are recruiting him on defense. That should give us a leg up on getting him to AU.

Are you kidding me? We have to get this guy, if only for his nickname! I always call my kindergarten students "Butterbean" as a term of endearment. I'd love to have an Auburn player by that name. :wub:

And since you guys have brought Tre Mason up, any word on how he is doing? I wish the best for that guy.

11 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I think they are recruiting him on defense. That should give us a leg up on getting him to AU.

Maybe he's another Bo Jackson in the making.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Maybe he's another Bo Jackson in the making.

I know you are referring to the recruitment and not style of running but he does remind me of Barry Sanders. I dont know if the speed is anywhere close to Sanders but the balance surely is. I hope he translates his abilities from high school to the college game.

Archived