2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

8 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I googled it and it says their camp is Feb 12. 

Yes that's the date. He's also  competing in the Nike Regional Opening and the Under Armour camp. Those camps are in Georgia as well!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

Webb picked up his first SEC offer today from Missouri! 

Exciting to get an SEC offer... not exciting its from the train wreck that is Missouri.

I get excited every time I see that this thread has been updated.  I keep waiting to see that he got the offer from AU.  I really believe this kid would be great at RBU!

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I get excited every time I see that this thread has been updated.  I keep waiting to see that he got the offer from AU.  I really believe this kid would be great at RBU!

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Exciting to get an SEC offer... not exciting its from the train wreck that is Missouri.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Believe me he's excited for every offer he receives regardless who the offer comes from.

11 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

Believe me he's excited for every offer he receives regardless who the offer comes.

I'm sure he is... I just hope he knows he'll see much better before it's all said and done.

57 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm sure he is... I just hope he knows he'll see much better before it's all said and done.

Stay tuned it's about to get a lot more exciting for him!

2 hours ago, AUbritt said:

Watched the first 2 minutes of his HUDL film, and it's good. I could see him tearing it up in a Gus O.

Unfortunately,  early word is that we might pass on him because we already have Worm, and they are similar styles.

That will be a mistake. They are not the same kind of back at all. Butterbean will end up playing at 195 pounds or so and has no problem running inside. He is strong and quick not just a jet sweep speed guy. He is also incredibly durable. He has another year spring, summer and fall to get bigger and build on his current resume, but to compare him to a 165 pound guy is just not accurate.

18 minutes ago, auol72 said:

That will be a mistake. They are not the same kind of back at all. Butterbean will end up playing at 195 pounds or so and has no problem running inside. He is strong and quick not just a jet sweep speed guy. He is also incredibly durable. He has another year spring, summer and fall to get bigger and build on his current resume, but to compare him to a 165 pound guy is just not accurate.

I agree. Just don't see the 165 lb guy holding up for very many touches a game. BB would be much more of a true RB.

13 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Unfortunately,  early word is that we might pass on him because we already have Worm, and they are similar styles.

Well, that would be unfortunate. I am sure the coaches know better than I do what they want and what we need. I sure hope we don't end up facing him, though.

47 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Well, that would be unfortunate. I am sure the coaches know better than I do what they want and what we need. I sure hope we don't end up facing him, though.

Very, but I get it too. It's hard to justify two of one type of back, with similar capabilities, when you can only recruit 25 total. In this case, the early Worm might have gotten the War Eagle.

I agree that I don't want to face him.

19 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Hope he does well at the camp this weekend. Look forward to hearing his results.

I will definitely update Sunday night after the camp. I will post links as well if at all possible. Updates may be available on Twitter Elite Ga Showcase. Not sure though .

10 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Very, but I get it too. It's hard to justify two of one type of back, with similar capabilities, when you can only recruit 25 total. In this case, the early Worm might have gotten the War Eagle.

I agree that I don't want to face him.

There is nothing in either player's physical build, stats or playing style that makes them the same type back. Worm is a scat-back, kick returner type. Webb is more of a power runner type. We may not recruit Webb for any number of reasons but it won't be because he's the same type runner as Worm.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

There is nothing in either player's physical build, stats or playing style that makes them the same type back. Worm is a scat-back, kick returner type. Webb is more of a power runner type. We may not recruit Webb for any number of reasons but it won't be because he's the same type runner as Worm.

Just quoting what I've read. According to what I've read, Webb is currently being looked at as a scat-back by Auburn.

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Just quoting what I've read. According to what I've read, Webb is currently being looked at as a scat-back by Auburn.

Do you mind sharing what you've read? Not being contentious, just curious. I've seen very little information beyond what's in his recruiting thread, which contains very little about our recruitment of him (or lack thereof). 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do you mind sharing what you've read? Not being contentious, just curious. I've seen very little information beyond what's in his recruiting thread, which contains very little about our recruitment of him (or lack thereof). 

I'll see if I can find it.  It was a 247 (or maybe Auburn Undercover) review of our offensive targets. It wasn't long and basically said exactly what I said... considered the same type of back as Shivers... might get passed over because of that.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'll see if I can find it.  It was a 247 (or maybe Auburn Undercover) review of our offensive targets. It wasn't long and basically said exactly what I said... considered the same type of back as Shivers... might get passed over because of that.

Gotcha. I agree with @Mikey that they don't appear to be similar backs, but it wouldn't be the first time if I saw things differently than recruiting services and/or our coaches. 

ill just say again and i have seen him live twice and i am not an alum or fan of his HS, I hope he does not go to a team we play! He is a Barry Sanders type runner and the same height, 5-8. Would really love to sit down with Gus and Horton and Lindsey and hear them analyze the kid.

15 hours ago, auol72 said:

ill just say again and i have seen him live twice and i am not an alum or fan of his HS, I hope he does not go to a team we play! He is a Barry Sanders type runner and the same height, 5-8. Would really love to sit down with Gus and Horton and Lindsey and hear them analyze the kid.

Reminds me more of Maurice Jones-Drew. His hips aren't as loose as Barry's was. Either way I hope we don't see him against us either if we don't offer.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Reminds me more of Maurice Jones-Drew. His hips aren't as loose as Barry's was. Either way I hope we don't see him against us either if we don't offer.

He has runs that look like both but I'd say he has looser hips than MJD.

Archived