2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the hate on his height... Dyer was barely 5'9" in heels... And weighed around 200... I know he was listed I think and 5'9" 205 but no way. He was 5'8" at most and about 190-195 at most when he was a FR.

7 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

What's with the hate on his height... Dyer was barely 5'9" in heels... And weighed around 200... I know he was listed I think and 5'9" 205 but no way. He was 5'8" at most and about 190-195 at most when he was a FR.

Dyer was thickly built. He was at least 200. Saw him up close multiple times.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Dyer was thickly built. He was at least 200. Saw him up close multiple times.

My wife is 5'9", so here is the proof

196387_10150105998611220_3685988_n.jpg

Webb did really well today. Looked nice in the cat mouse drill. He is a better all around back than given credit for. During 1v1's he dominated has good hands. Quick cuts when he ran routes not polished but pretty good he has improved his spin move as well (cat mouse drill) He measured at 5'8 Zybek did the testing and measurements etc. They do testing at the NFL combine Under Armour etc

7 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Webb did really well today. Looked nice in the cat mouse drill. He is a better all around back than given credit for. During 1v1's he dominated has good hands. Quick cuts when he ran routes not polished but pretty good he has improved his spin move as well (cat mouse drill) He measured at 5'8 Zybek did the testing and measurements etc. They do testing at the NFL combine Under Armour etc

So was this at a practice or did he go to a camp yesterday or somthing?

3 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Elite Ga showcase per Datank45.

Correct it was the Elite Ga Showcase. His broad jump was 9'8" short shuttle was 4.3 seconds (electronically timed) couldn't find out his forty time. 

33 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Elite Ga showcase per Datank45.

Cool. Didn't see anything on twitter about him being there so didn't know.

4 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

-RB La'damian Webb of Opelika (Ala.) Beauregard: Webb is collecting Power 5 offers (Missouri was his most recent) and it’s easy to see why. At 5-feet-9, 190 pounds, Webb isn’t a burner but he has quick feet, a low center of gravity, strong one-cut ability and excellent spin moves, which helped him elude defenders all day. He rushed for 3,235 yards last season

He rushed for 3235 LAST SEASON?  That is a LOT of yards for 1 season.

22 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

That's a lot of yards for 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

That was good for 2nd place for a single season in alabama high school football history going back to atleast 96. He also sat most second halves of the regular season games because Beauregard was ahead by several scores. 

He had 1800+ his junior season.

I don't think Auburn will offer Webb imo unless Shivers decomitts. Two different type backs. Plus Auburn just offered 4 star Asa Martin. That's a offer Martin really wanted. 

45 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

I don't think Auburn will offer Webb imo unless Shivers decomitts. Two different type backs. Plus Auburn just offered 4 star Asa Martin. That's a offer Martin really wanted. 

Martin looks pretty good too. Was he at the same camp as webb?

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

I like Webb more then I should since we haven't offered but he appears to be the real deal.  I'll defer to the coaching staff but he reminds me so much of Dyer.  

I think this post sums up a lot of our feelings on the matter.

Like many I have been his fan for a while. Then I see some of the kids we have offered Joiner the big pound it every down back who has wheels and Martin who is a pretty darn good back in his own right  who has great hands out of the backfield. I am starting to see why we haven't offered him yet. He is good and I think our coaches know that they just think there are some who are better. We may still offer as he does more camps but there seems to be a lot of good RB's this year and you can't offer all of them.

55 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Like many I have been his fan for a while. Then I see some of the kids we have offered Joiner the big pound it every down back who has wheels and Martin who is a pretty darn good back in his own right  who has great hands out of the backfield. I am starting to see why we haven't offered him yet. He is good and I think our coaches know that they just think there are some who are better. We may still offer as he does more camps but there seems to be a lot of good RB's this year and you can't offer all of them.

All good points. That's just where some of us wish that we could sit down with somebody knowledgeable in such matters and have them explain to us who is better and why. Although I just saw Joiner's highlights yesterday (he's got hands, too- looks like he could play WR or even TE) and I haven't checked out Martin yet, so maybe all will be revealed.

One thing that has been refreshing about this thread is that I think most everybody recognizes that this staff, for whatever shortcomings they might have, knows what they're doing with regards to RBs and we're willing to trust their judgment. I see more curiosity than judgment. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One thing that has been refreshing about this thread is that I think most everybody recognizes that this staff, for whatever shortcomings they might have, knows what they're doing with regards to RBs and we're willing to trust their judgment. I see more curiosity than judgment. 

And we added Coach Porter....we basically have two RB coaches, plus all the scouting talent on this forum.  :cool:

Archived