2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

Could be Auburn is biding their time with Webb to see who else we can get. Just because we haven't offered, doesn't mean someone isn't talking to him. You know the staff doesn't want 2 3-stars committed before they have a chance to reel in one or more 4 and 5 stars. Let's face it, his current SEC offers are a train wreck and an NCAA mess waiting to happen.  

The addition of Porter might also shift some of our direction on backs, if he's seen or is connected to someone we might not have considered or had an in with.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Could be Auburn is biding their time with Webb to see who else we can get. Just because we haven't offered, doesn't mean someone isn't talking to him. You know the staff doesn't want 2 3-stars committed before they have a chance to reel in one or more 4 and 5 stars. Let's face it, his current SEC offers are a train wreck and an NCAA mess waiting to happen.  

The addition of Porter might also shift some of our direction on backs, if he's seen or is connected to someone we might not have considered or had an in with.

The staff ain't lookng at stars when they are ready to take a commitment. See 3* Worm Shivers.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The staff ain't lookng at stars when they are ready to take a commitment. See 3* Worm Shivers.

I was just referring to stars as a general way to discuss talent.  Yes, we have Worm who is currently more highly rated than Webb, but also a ways down the board from some other targets and potential targets.  You don't want to fill up with the lower guys on your board before the higher guys have time to make a decision.

23 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Not trying to hijack a thread or anything, but I didn't see a thread on Nuru and it says he is visiting March 4.  Does anyone know anything about him other than he showed out at this camp?

6 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Not trying to hijack a thread or anything, but I didn't see a thread on Nuru and it says he is visiting March 4.  Does anyone know anything about him other than he showed out at this camp?

Nope. That's why there's no thread on him. He does not have an AU or any P5 offer yet.

53 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I got to see Nuru at the showcase and talked to him very well put together kid. He will excel in a spread offense. Quick first step strong kid. He catches the ball very well has good lateral movement in a camp setting. A 4.5ish forty kid. A P5 school may take a chance on him though.  Webb and Joiner have better Jr  film than Nuru. Even tho Martin didn't put up huge numbers at IMG he did start over some top RB's at IMG. 

1 hour ago, Datank45 said:

I got to see Nuru at the showcase and talked to him very well put together kid. He will excel in a spread offense. Quick first step strong kid. He catches the ball very well has good lateral movement in a camp setting. A 4.5ish forty kid. A P5 school may take a chance on him though.  Webb and Joiner have better Jr  film than Nuru. Even tho Martin didn't put up huge numbers at IMG he did start over some top RB's at IMG. 

I wasnt impressed with Nuru's film at all. He did look like a really strong kid though.

On 2/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, Datank45 said:

Yes that's the date. He's also  competing in the Nike Regional Opening and the Under Armour camp. Those camps are in Georgia as well!

I couldnt find any dates on these camps. Do you know?

7 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I couldnt find any dates on these camps. Do you know?

I googled The Opening Regional Camps & found it easy.

Also googled Under Armour All American Football Camp 2017 & this was the first site it pulled up.

Looks like they are on back to back weeks in Atlanta.

The Rivals Camp Series is in Atlanta 3 weeks later but it's invite only.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I googled The Opening Regional Camps & found it easy.

Also googled Under Armour All American Football Camp 2017 & this was the first site it pulled up.

I googled both last night and saw no dates. Thanks for posting though.

Ok, i just followed the first link and I swear at 1am this schedule was not on that page. I went to every subtitle on that page with Regional being the first category i looked at. If it was there at 1am my tablet didnt bring up the image.

3 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I googled both last night and saw no dates. Thanks for posting though.

You probably saw the saw the link & description for the Under Armour game & thought it was not useful. That is where you needed to go as camps is a tab on the main page.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You probably saw the saw the link & description for the Under Armour game & thought it was not useful. That is where you needed to go as camps is a tab on the main page.

Oops! Bet you're right.:homer:

Could be that 1am is the key word in my response too. Idk. Thanks for getting it squared away though.

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Could be that 1am is the key word in my response too. Idk.

Tablet might have also been the key.  Sometimes websites fail on mobile because those building them haven't figured out all of the wrinkles to make them work on all formats.

On February 14, 2017 at 8:50 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Like many I have been his fan for a while. Then I see some of the kids we have offered Joiner the big pound it every down back who has wheels and Martin who is a pretty darn good back in his own right  who has great hands out of the backfield. I am starting to see why we haven't offered him yet. He is good and I think our coaches know that they just think there are some who are better. We may still offer as he does more camps but there seems to be a lot of good RB's this year and you can't offer all of them.

Joiner is considered a jumbo athlete he does have very good hands with speed to burn for his size. If he doesn't work out at RB in college he can easily play TE or WR. 

22 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's exciting.  Best offer so far.

22 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's exciting.  Best offer so far.

Louisville offer for Webb today. I really don't think Auburn is going to offer him. 

3 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Louisville offer for Webb today. I really don't think Auburn is going to offer him. 

I think you are right.  There is just a really big pack of quality backs this year and they have to pick and choose. If we miss on a few, his name might come up.

One thing's for sure, he's got some good offers now and he'll have an opportunity to do his thing in some high profile college football games. My only complaint will be if he shoves it down Auburn's throat some day. 

Archived