2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

On the occasion that Webb gets caught down field they usually cant do anything with him. Look how many times he tight ropes the sideline and they cant even knock him out of bounds. He is quite amazing and I hate to see his high school career end with the hornets after this season.

Edit just to add this for the person that mentioned Perkins. Perkins was 190-195 as a senior.....in college. He had his moments and I enjoyed watching him play (when not playing Auburn)

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

On the occasion that Webb gets caught down field they usually cant do anything with him. Look how many times he tight ropes the sideline and they cant even knock him out of bounds. He is quite amazing and I hate to see his high school career end with the hornets after this season.

Edit just to add this for the person that mentioned Perkins. Perkins was 190-195 as a senior.....in college. He had his moments and I enjoyed watching him play (when not playing Auburn)

I looked at Perkins highlights not Elite, but a pretty good RB. Played or plays in the CFL. People underestimate how good of a ATH Webb really is. He scored TD's by rushing receiving kickoff returns pick six he even through a TD pass. I wish y'all could see the alloy hoop dunk on his Twitter page. He will probably still play in the SEC just probably not with Auburn. I think I'm one of the few who believes he can take the pounding that a SEC RB takes. Yes he is that tough. As someone mentioned earlier he is no longer considered a small back just short. Kid is jacked from hitting the weight room. Very explosive kid. I will go as far as to say he's the best in the between the tackle RB in the state right now. 

FWIW, which is basically nothin',  I wish AU had already tended a committable offer to Webb. We could end up with a handful of nothing and a legitimate SEC prospect from our backyard at some rival school. It's happened before.

You know who Butterbean reminds me of?  Guice from LSU.  Especially at the end his second clip.  Same violent style.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/1227070/derrius-guice.    

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

FWIW, which is basically nothin',  I wish AU had already tended a committable offer to Webb. We could end up with a handful of nothing and a legitimate SEC prospect from our backyard at some rival school. It's happened before.

I sure hope if we miss on Pierce, then Webb, Webb doesn't turn into another "Guice" type back.  

i have seen him play twice in person in state playoffs and he is a really good rb. I wish i could sit down with coach fountain and see why he does not like him. Will probably be in 190's this year as a senior. I think he will ultimately be as good as michael dyer was. Same kind of back, vision, strength and balance. Hate AU does not think he fits. I am afraid it will be our loss.

18 minutes ago, auol72 said:

i have seen him play twice in person in state playoffs and he is a really good rb. I wish i could sit down with coach fountain and see why he does not like him. Will probably be in 190's this year as a senior. I think he will ultimately be as good as michael dyer was. Same kind of back, vision, strength and balance. Hate AU does not think he fits. I am afraid it will be our loss.

Hear, hear. Have said exactly the same thing a couple times in this thread (well, about Coach Horton ;) ). I really trust our coaches' collective assessment of RBs, so I'm just looking for education here. 

1 hour ago, auol72 said:

So you want him to go to uga?:poke:

On 7/7/2017 at 3:18 PM, Mikey said:

Maybe getting your wish soon. 

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Maybe getting your wish soon. 

Is that a vote of no confidence in another recruitment, or do we like the guy now?

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that a vote of no confidence in another recruitment, or do we like the guy now?

My guess is covering bases if we miss on Asa to Bama & Pierce to UF & a low confidence on Joiner as a feature RB. Again just MO based on the tea leaves.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My guess is covering bases if we miss on Asa to Bama & Pierce to UF & a low confidence on Joiner as a feature RB. Again just MO based on the tea leaves.

I believe that Butter is higher on the board than Joiner. 

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I believe that Butter is higher on the board than Joiner. 

Not sure if Webb is higher on the board than Joiner. I do like Webb's running style and I feel like he is a way tougher runner than Joiner. Having said that from a evaluation standpoint it's hard to over look Joiner's size and versatility. Joiner is a freakish athlete and may end up at WR or TE before it's all said and done. As far as RB's i like Webb over Joiner. I know that Pierce is looking at Florida but Florida really likes Kavoiskey Smoke ( 5'11 215) of Wetumpka who holds a offer from UF. He may be a South Carolina lean though.  So Pierce may be a strong possibility for Auburn.

6 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

Florida really likes Kavoiskey Smoke ( 5'11 215) of Wetumpka

We like him too. He is camping next week & may get an offer

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We like him too. He is camping next week & may get an offer

The highlights i just watched with the title beast mode, smoke runs pretty well but he's only half the player i see blocking and on defense. He is absolutely murdering folks with his blocks and tackles! I want him on defense......somewhere.

43 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

The highlights i just watched with the title beast mode, smoke runs pretty well but he's only half the player i see blocking and on defense. He is absolutely murdering folks with his blocks and tackles! I want him on defense......somewhere.

I've seen some compare him to Bubba as a runner FWIW.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've seen some compare him to Bubba as a runner FWIW.

Smoke is a good athlete underrated imo. A bigger version of Webb as far as running with power and blocking. 

10 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Smoke is listed as a ATH so it's possible he could play on defense at the next level. I think most schools are recruiting him as a RB though

46 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

MSU

Happy for him. Say what you will about Mullen, but he will give Webb an opportunity to produce if he can win a spot. 

Hope we don't end up regretting anything here. 

whenever the hunchback gets these kids from our state my ears perk up. He is as good as any coach in the sec at player evals. He HAS to be because he is just not going to be able to land the elite level kids. I expect this young man to have a good career at cowbell U.

Archived