2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

MSU has made him a priority from articles I've read, so I don't blame him in the least for choosing them. Hope AU has a good feeling about one of their other RB targets. Feels like Webb could end up being a one that got away story down the road.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Glad for Webb. Now can we get some linebackers so we can tackle this guy?

Not surprisingly, I'm already out of likes this morning. 

Congrats to Webb and to Hunchback. 

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to watch Webb this year. No reason to think he doesn't have another big year at Beauregard. If he grows and stays healthy, he'll get more offers. I wonder if MSU can hold on to him.

6 hours ago, Zinzan said:

It will be interesting to watch Webb this year. No reason to think he doesn't have another big year at Beauregard. If he grows and stays healthy, he'll get more offers. I wonder if MSU can hold on to him.

hope not

• 1 month later...
On September 2, 2017 at 10:26 AM, AU80cruiser said:

@Datank45 How serious is Webbs injury, if you know? The radio broadcast was horrendous last night. I didnt know Webb was hurt until after halftime. 

It's not serious. He will be good to go against Sylacauga. Greenville always plays tough against Webb. Not sure why, but he seems to have his lowest output yardage wise against them each year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Butterbean kicked butt tonight. Had around 170 rushing and about 80 receiving from what I heard on the radio. (I did not fact check these stats but they sound about right from what I was able to hear of the game)

Btw @Datank45 our game broadcast was terrible again this week. Did you listen or go to the game? I can barely make out anything Tim and company are saying. Thankfully Sylacauga televised the game so i listened to their broadcast. 

Webbs most recent highlight update of the Sylacauga game has him with 3-4 pancake blocks, a couple catches down field, and the usual nice runs in traffic. This guy is unbelievably stable on his feet. Its just crazy every time I watch him. He gets absolutely rocked tiptoeing the sideline and it doesnt knock him down....I just dont know how thats possible. Kid is amazing and I dread the day he suits up for Miss ST.

Dang the kid can flat out play.  Hate to see Miss St with him.  Rather him go to the other division also.

14 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Webbs most recent highlight update of the Sylacauga game has him with 3-4 pancake blocks, a couple catches down field, and the usual nice runs in traffic. This guy is unbelievably stable on his feet. Its just crazy every time I watch him. He gets absolutely rocked tiptoeing the sideline and it doesnt knock him down....I just dont know how thats possible. Kid is amazing and I dread the day he suits up for Miss ST.

Kid is crazy strong has great balance there is a video of him squatting 515 pounds on his twitter page. I think there's a video of him catching a alley hoop pass and dunking it with two hands. Very underrated. Oh saw on their team Twitter page Webb will be on future phenoms on SportsSouth tomorrow at 2:30.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 2:45 AM, AU80cruiser said:

Dan Mullins was on the Beauregard sidelines tonight and Webb had an almost 300 yard game. Im sure Mullins is feeling pretty good about his RB committ.

Unless this kid has character issues that I don't know about, I cannot for the life of me understand why the resident genius that we have for HC did not go after this kid, and I mean HARD!....S*** like this is why I question Magoo's ability to judge high school talent as to how it will relate to college.   I've seen this kid play, and he will make a name for himself and fast

49 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Unless this kid has character issues that I don't know about, I cannot for the life of me understand why the resident genius that we have for HC did not go after this kid, and I mean HARD!....S*** like this is why I question Magoo's ability to judge high school talent as to how it will relate to college.   I've seen this kid play, and he will make a name for himself and fast

We’ve recruited fine since Gus has been here. 

On 10/6/2017 at 5:30 PM, ClaytonAU said:

We’ve recruited fine since Gus has been here. 

As relates to our running backs, it's figuring out where and how to play them and ultimately keeping 'em here that's the problem.

On 10/12/2016 at 9:39 AM, jared52 said:

Reminds me of Tre Smith. Not a ton of speed but excellent balance and vision.

Yep, not super fast top-end speed, but he's quick, with excellent balance and vision, and his legs never stop moving. 

I can understand why he's never been at the top of Auburn's board, but I expect him to make us regret missing out on him. I hope he does.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:30 AM, Zinzan said:

Yep, not super fast top-end speed, but he's quick, with excellent balance and vision, and his legs never stop moving. 

I can understand why he's never been at the top of Auburn's board, but I expect him to make us regret missing out on him. I hope he does.

Kid..Is..A..Beast.  I don't care who we have committed, I would want that kid on my team.

Archived