2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

As stated, doesn't have top end speed.  Played against low level competition.  Nice highlights, but I like S Shivers much more and Asa Martin much better.   Also, I didn't go back and check size, but I don't see the power.   If you don't have real power, you need something special like great top end speed or "can cut on the fly" or similar.  

I did not watch all his highlights.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Thoughts on this kid as far as speed. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6059650/59c93e3e90f8cf0dacbb86d0

He plays for Lincoln? I went to the Beauregard/Lincoln game last week but I didnt notice this guy. We left after the first half blowout so maybe I missed him.

14 minutes ago, Beaker said:

As stated, doesn't have top end speed.  Played against low level competition.  Nice highlights, but I like S Shivers much more and Asa Martin much better.   Also, I didn't go back and check size, but I don't see the power.   If you don't have real power, you need something special like great top end speed or "can cut on the fly" or similar.  

For the reasons you mentioned is why I cant wait to see how he stacks up in the allstar game. I think Asa is a better collegiate back but I'm not so sure on shivers vs webb. It could go either way. Shivers has way more top end speed but I've never seen a back with the same quickness and stability of webb running in traffic. I welcome shivers at auburn and pray webb isnt as good as i think he is at mississippi state only when they play auburn.

10 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

For the reasons you mentioned is why I cant wait to see how he stacks up in the allstar game. I think Asa is a better collegiate back but I'm not so sure on shivers vs webb. It could go either way. Shivers has way more top end speed but I've never seen a back with the same quickness and stability of webb running in traffic. I welcome shivers at auburn and pray webb isnt as good as i think he is at mississippi state only when they play auburn.

I agree with you: he has great balance and is athletic, but not sure that will translate to SEC success without more power or more speed.  JMO

Shivers won't be asked to be an everydown back.  He will have a couple of key roles or play packages I imagine.  With some good coaching (cough cough), Shivers will be our next O-Mac I believe.  And he has some power.   Not much, but he is much stronger this year vs last year.

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

That is a first saying Webb doesn't have enough power. Besides having great vision balance and quickness his power is one of the things college coaches like about him. Top end speed is a question mark for sure. The reason I posted the video of the Lincoln kid. He runs a 4.45 forty (hand time). Webb outran him twice.  Webb squats over 500 pounds (video of him squatting is on his Twitter page). As mentioned the Alabama-Mississippi game will reveal a lot. 

That is a first saying Webb doesn't have enough power. Besides having great vision balance and quickness his power is one of the things college coaches like about him. Top end speed is a question mark for sure. The reason I posted the video of the Lincoln kid. He runs a 4.45 forty (hand time). Webb outran him twice.  Webb squats over 500 pounds (video of him squatting is on his Twitter page). As mentioned the Alabama-Mississippi game will reveal a lot. 

Let me know what you know about Webb's injury tonight.

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Came here looking for same answer. Can only listen to the games from Atlanta. Greenville really bottled him up like noone else in both games. And their QB and RB give the Hornets fits. Can’t believe they aren’t better than a .500 team. 

8 hours ago, Zinzan said:

Came here looking for same answer. Can only listen to the games from Atlanta. Greenville really bottled him up like noone else in both games. And their QB and RB give the Hornets fits. Can’t believe they aren’t better than a .500 team. 

I think i heard greenville lost their qb for a portion of the season....they almost beat carroll last week.

On November 10, 2017 at 11:10 PM, AU80cruiser said:

I think his season my be over but I can't say for sure. Sorry for the lack of info at the moment. I will update as soon as I hear what's what regarding his injury.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Kavosiey Smoke of Wetumpka is Webb's replacement in the Alabama vs Mississippi All Star game.

Did Webb get injured? Sorry if I missed it.

On November 27, 2017 at 8:17 AM, AU80cruiser said:

@Datank45 If you hear any changes with Webb's commitment please let me know. I hate Mullen is leaving state with Webb committed there. 

Right now I think Webb is still solid to Miss St and vice versa. There may be a current top 10 team that may be trying to slide in for Webb. Waiting to see if anything develops there.

41 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

Right now I think Webb is still solid to Miss St and vice versa. There may be a current top 10 team that may be trying to slide in for Webb. Waiting to see if anything develops there.

I hope its not bama for a defensive position.

44 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I hope its not bama for a defensive position.

It's not a SEC school. The interest will be at RB. I'm waiting to reveal the team I want to make sure there is serious interest first.

2 hours ago, Datank45 said:

It's not a SEC school. The interest will be at RB. I'm waiting to reveal the team I want to make sure there is serious interest first.

Ok, good. I want him at RB somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Is Webb still too injured for the allstar game?

I thought he was replaced on roster by Kavosiey Smoke?

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought he was replaced on roster by Kavosiey Smoke?

Idk, it's been several weeks since his injury and I was hoping he would be good to go by now. I really wanted to see what he could do against good talent.

10 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Idk, it's been several weeks since his injury and I was hoping he would be good to go by now. I really wanted to see what he could do against good talent.

He is good enough to play in the game but decided not to play in it to be 100% ready for college.

Archived