2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I thought of Dyer(running style) too.

I had missed Foundation's post but I later said same. 5'8 180 as a HS SO, he could very well have the same frame in college. Scary to think that he's already that hard to bring down. 

I just don't see SEC starting back for Butterbean. Doesn't look like he has the speed or size for the SEC. I think he will play in college, just maybe at a non- 5 conference.JMO

LaDamian Webb and LaDarius Webb arent't related. LaDamian has a Troy offer and he's getting P5 interest from Louisville, Miss St, Purdue, Indiana ,Ga Tech and Michigan St. He was timed in the forty at UAB's camp this summer 4.43 (hand timed). Kid is legit he's a short strider when he runs . Great body control balance vision power and kid is a devastating blocker. 

On October 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM, FoundationEagle said:

That was meant as running style. Don't know anything of his attitude. 

On October 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM, FoundationEagle said:

That was meant as running style. Don't know anything of his attitude. 

He's a good kid!

On 10/15/2016 at 11:17 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

I just don't see SEC starting back for Butterbean. Doesn't look like he has the speed or size for the SEC. I think he will play in college, just maybe at a non- 5 conference.JMO

You sound exactly like Auburn fans describing Tre Mason right up until he got a free trip to NYC and then got drafted in the 2nd round.

This kid's a sophomore and he's already bigger than Kam Martin. He's a reported freak in the weight room. He's probably going to blossom into a Ray Rice or a Mike Dyer physically. Not sure how you judge his speed, exactly. He seems to pull away from defenders quite a bit in his highlights. The tape also shows he's very shifty, damned near impossible to tackle and a hell of a blocker. Looks like he even has pretty good discipline with the way he carries the ball. 

Would really love to hear Coach Horton's thoughts. They've got to know about this kid and evidently aren't high on him, but I'm really curious why not. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Would really love to hear Coach Horton's thoughts. They've got to know about this kid and evidently aren't high on him, but I'm really curious why not. 

Hopefully it's not because their eyes are full of 5-stars...

Maybe because he was undersized as a sophomore they were just in a wait and see mode. Now that he is growing they are probably re-evaluating him. For those who are saying they don't see him as an SEC back is it because of his size, or his speed?  I see a determined runner who breaks tackles seems to get in the open and seems to have decent speed.  Does he look elite at this time no but I can see him being an SEC RB but only time will tell.

Did he attend an of Auburn's camps?  That is where (unless you are considered a "can't miss player") the coaches get a chance to evaluate one on one.

Webb rushed for 232 yards on 12 carries 2 TD's and a TD reception (swing pass) that went for 80 yards tonight. He played one half and one series of the third quarter if I'm not mistaken. 

Looks like Butterbean had him another outstanding game :

Beauregard runs over Benjamin Russell in regular season finale

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:01 pm | Updated: 11:27 pm, Thu Oct 27, 2016.

On Friday afternoon, La’Damian Webb sat down for a long chat with his head coach. The two have had plenty of those lately.

Webb’s college recruitment has picked up as he's put up gaudy numbers throughout his junior season, and he often goes to his coach for guidance throughout the process.

But Thursday's meeting wasn't about recruiting. It was about the task at hand that night.

“He knew I was a little concerned having a 6A talent coming in here,” Beauregard coach Rob Carter said. “But he flat-out told me, he said, ‘Coach, just give me the football.’”

Carter did exactly that, and Webb quickly alleviated any worries his coach might have had entering the game.

The stocky running back carried the ball 21 times for 293 yards and four touchdowns, three of which came in the first 10 minutes of the game, to lead Beauregard to a 63-35 win over Benjamin Russell.

“I knew we was the better team, and yeah, I knew we were going to have success on the ground,” Webb said. “I'm pretty sure we always do, so that's what I thought we did.”

Webb came out running with reckless abandon, trucking defenders and, on his first touchdown run, literally throwing several would-be tacklers off of him. He did the same on a 74-yard touchdown run in the second quarter, when a Benjamin Russell (3-7, 3-3 Class 6A, Region 3) safety who was able to track him down near the end of the run found himself on the losing end of a devastating stiff arm.

“He gets better each week,” Carter said. “It's great to watch every time you give him the ball what he's going to do with it.”

But for as good as he was, Webb shared the spotlight Friday night.

Five other players found the end zone for the Hornets (8-1, 5-1 Class 5A, Region 4), including Jacob Callaway, who rushed for 100 yards and two touchdowns, and wide receivers Quatavious Seroyer and Kentavious Thomas, who connected on a trick play early in the second quarter.

“We were able to spread the ball around,” Carter said. “You saw a halfback pass or a jet-sweep pass, stuff like that that we've got and hadn't run all year. … It was nice to see that and make other defenses aware of those other people.”

With the regular season in the rearview mirror, Beauregard now sets its sights on Jordan-Hare Stadium, site of this year’s state title game. The quest begins next week with a first-round playoff game at home against Dallas County.

Carter feels good about where his team is headed into the postseason, especially with Webb on his side. As he discovered again against the Wildcats, there's no need to worry.

“You couldn't ask for any better (momentum),” Carter said. “We came out pretty much injury-free. With this type of performance, they know what they can do. We've been telling them, ‘Play a complete game. Play a complete game.’ We got it.”

BEAUREGARD 63, BENJAMIN RUSSELL 35

B. Russell 0 15 7 13 - 35

Beauregard 21 28 7 7 - 63

1st quarter

BHS: La’Damian Webb 10 run (Ricardo Mendoza kick), 9:30

BHS: Webb 9 run (Mendoza kick), 6:47

BHS: Webb 10 run (Mendoza kick), 2:14

2nd quarter

BHS: Jaichis Holmes 37 run (Mendoza kick), 10:41

BHS: Kentavious Thomas 48 pass from Quatavious Seroyer (Mendoza kick), 9:49

BHS: Jacob Callaway 4 run (Mendoza kick), 7:40

BRHS: NeColby Maxwell 69 run (Dylan Moncus kick), 7:11

BHS: Webb 74 run (Mendoza kick), 6:53

BRHS: Landon Cotney (William Grant run), 2:39

3rd quarter

BRHS: Maxwell 7 run (Moncus kick), 9:19

BHS: Dainyton Thomas Robinson 43 run (Mendoza kick), 8:50

4th quarter

BHS: Callaway 79 run (Mendoza kick), 10:13

BRHS: Da’Vede Herron 82 punt return (Moncus kick no good), 7:05

BRHS: Kraige Abercrumbie 17 run (Tyler Fenn kick), 2:59

I was at the game and Webb didn't disappoint. Beauregard was up 42-0 in the middle of the 2nd quarter and I was glad to see us work on our passing game. Holmes seemed to trust his receivers more as the game went on and threw the ball on time after some early struggles with waiting too long. BHS needs to get their passing game going. It potentially cost us a championship last year. Go Hornets!

17 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

This kid is a player. Runs with nasty attitude, and you can't coach that balance. You either have it or you don't. Count me as impressed.

With you on all of that. Some guys just jump off the screen to me. He's definitely in that category. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

With you on all of that. Some guys just jump off the screen to me. He's definitely in that category. 

Beauregard will get a huge test this week against Vigor. I'm guessing they will sell out on stopping the run and vigor may have the talent to do it. If he runs wild on Vigor and later, St Pauls then I think his stock would jump tremendously, at least in my mind. He still needs to get to some camps or something so he can really showcase his talent.

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

Beauregard will get a huge test this week against Vigor. I'm guessing they will sell out on stopping the run and vigor may have the talent to do it. If he runs wild on Vigor and later, St Pauls then I think his stock would jump tremendously, at least in my mind. He still needs to get to some camps or something so he can really showcase his talent.

Thanks for keeping us updated! 

10 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

What is a Beauregard? 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is a Beauregard? 

Designation of male of the human species- generally rich, white, well-bred, conservative, preppy, and well-dressed. Typically East Coast, running the gambit from the more traditional New England Wasp (AKA- the JFK) to the Southern Gentleman.

per the urban dictionary

Archived