2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so I understand, Kendall Brles is the only OC coach in United States  who has the ability to help Gus with his offense?   There is nobody else coaching college football who is his equal and who might be considered by Auburn? 

Otherwise, why are we even getting within a thousand miles of this potential hornets nest?

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Just so I understand, Kendall Brles is the only OC coach in United States  who has the ability to help Gus with his offense?   There is nobody else coaching college football who is his equal and who might be considered by Auburn? 

Otherwise, why are we even getting within a thousand miles of this potential hornets nest?

Kendall Briles is a highly qualified candidate, potentially a great fit, would bring a potential superstar quarterback with him and has been neither accused nor- by anyone other than Auburn fans, to my knowledge- even suspected of any wrongdoing at Baylor. 

As for whether or not anybody else is equal, it seems like the onus would be upon you to answer that. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Kendall Briles is a highly qualified candidate, potentially a great fit, would bring a potential superstar quarterback with him and has been neither accused nor- by anyone other than Auburn fans, to my knowledge- even suspected of any wrongdoing at Baylor. 

As for whether or not anybody else is equal, it seems like the onus would be upon you to answer that. 

pic1601056.jpg

On 11/9/2016 at 7:59 AM, McLoofus said:

Which assistant coaches were complicit? We know that one or more was involved, yet not one was fired. So while Kendall may be innocent, he also may not be. And the risk isn't worth taking given the nature of the crimes that were covered up. Given that the NCAA is already looking into Kendall for recruiting violations, and that Kendall was once suspended last year for recruiting violations, I'd suggest that our decision is rapidly being made easier for us. 

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Webb had a 240 yard 6 TD game against a very good Vigor team tonight. Beauregard won 48-20. 

Thank you for talking about the subject this thread is supposed to be about.  Sounds like he had another great game and from what I read Vigor was not a push over type team.

14 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Webb had a 240 yard 6 TD game against a very good Vigor team tonight. Beauregard won 48-20. 

I think he had either 261 yards or 265 yards rushing against Vigor. You are correct Vigor is a very good team. Bowling Green extended a offer to Webb yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

I think he had either 261 yards or 265 yards rushing against Vigor. You are correct Vigor is a very good team. Bowling Green extended a offer to Webb yesterday.

Tim Senn (Beauregards play by play) is who I got the 240 from but he could have been wrong, Idk. 260+ sounds even better:hellyeah:

Webb had 260+ last week against Dallas County and 3 rushing TDs. Also, he threw 1 TD pass from what I saw on his highlight video. 

On 11/12/2016 at 1:52 PM, AU80cruiser said:

Tim Senn (Beauregards play by play) is who I got the 240 from but he could have been wrong, Idk. 260+ sounds even better:hellyeah:

Webb had 260+ last week against Dallas County and 3 rushing TDs. Also, he threw 1 TD pass from what I saw on his highlight video. 

Cool. MaxPreps has him for 265 yards. This article says 261 but whatever yardage he had. It was impressive against a good defense that had a lot of good athletes. http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/2964538469772800446/beauregard-48-vigor-20-ladamian-webb-scores-six-touchdowns-to-lead-hornets-over-wolves/

Webb had another impressive night with 5TDs in the first half with the score 42-7 against an undefeated Carroll team. I turned the game over to the Opelika playoff game after the middle of the 3rd quarter. Beauregard won 56-21. 

29 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Webb had another impressive night with 5TDs in the first half with the score 42-7 against an undefeated Carroll team. I turned the game over to the Opelika playoff game after the middle of the 3rd quarter. Beauregard won 56-21. 

I went to the game tonight. He did score one more TD in the second half. He finished up with 6 TDs and around 190 yards. The final was 56-21 with Carroll of Ozark scoring two late garbage time tounchdowns after Beauregard went up 56-7. They will be going on the road to Jackson next week for the semi-finals.

4 hours ago, DanielD6 said:

I went to the game tonight. He did score one more TD in the second half. He finished up with 6 TDs and around 190 yards. The final was 56-21 with Carroll of Ozark scoring two late garbage time tounchdowns after Beauregard went up 56-7. They will be going on the road to Jackson next week for the semi-finals.

I would like nothing better than to get revenge on Jackson.

Some tweets I saw tonight. He had another big-time game. 

Beauregard holds and La'Damian Webb breaks a 62-yard TD run. PAT fails. Hornets lead 38-25. #alpreps

Ben Thomas @BenThomasPreps

Wow. La'Damian Webb with his second pick of the night, this one goes for a 65-yard TD. Beauregard 45, Jackson 25. #alpreps

This game was much closer than the halftime and final score. Jackson came back in the second half to take the lead 25-24 with 4 minutes to go in the game. Beauregard scored with 3+ minutes to go and went on to score 2 more times. one of which was a pick six by ladamian. 

This kid is a ball player, period.  I sure would hate to see this kid go somewhere like Mississippi State and be a big thorn in our side for 3-4 years. That seems to always happen.  Hope we have interest in and a spot for this one. 

3 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

This kid is a ball player, period.  I sure would hate to see this kid go somewhere like Mississippi State and be a big thorn in our side for 3-4 years. That seems to always happen.  Hope we have interest in and a spot for this one. 

He will be in Jordan Hare Thursday night. Maybe Gus will stick his head out and see the talent this kid has. He is every bit as talented as Kerryon Johnson was in high school. He plays 2 classifications higher in competition than KJ while putting up similar numbers.

Ladamian vs Jackson last night. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/10B1F6

Raycom media is showing the full game Thursday @ 7pm CT. That is locally WSFA channel 12 of Montgomery. Oddly enough I just noticed today that dish and directv don't make this channel available in Lee County. You can however request it under the STELA Act which I did yesterday but have received no reply as of now. I'll be calling again today in hopes of recording it while I'm at the game.

i just saw two plays in the championship game against wenonah, and all i will say is this kid needs to be in orange and blue next year....i don't give a damn how big he is or isn't.....his acceleration is unreal

10 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i just saw two plays in the championship game against wenonah, and all i will say is this kid needs to be in orange and blue next year....i don't give a damn how big he is or isn't.....his acceleration is unreal

Zero chance of this happening. Webb is a 2018 recruit.

10 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Zero chance of this happening. Webb is a 2018 recruit.

he is just a junior?.....doublebubble needs to be all over this kid.....announcers said that he weighs 175?......his burst is something special

4 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

he is just a junior?.....doublebubble needs to be all over this kid.....announcers said that he weighs 175?......his burst is something special

Its mostly his balance thats impressive but he actually had a subpar Webb performance tonight. He still did great though and he ran this many times all year. Every game beauregard plays is basically a repeat of the Auburn offense vs Missouri defense in the SEC championship game. Wenonah has a really good defense and wouldnt let him break free for most of the game. They did better than anybody all year containing him. I hope he gets several more offers after tonights exposure.

On 12/2/2016 at 1:01 AM, AU80cruiser said:

Its mostly his balance thats impressive but he actually had a subpar Webb performance tonight. He still did great though and he ran this many times all year. Every game beauregard plays is basically a repeat of the Auburn offense vs Missouri defense in the SEC championship game. Wenonah has a really good defense and wouldnt let him break free for most of the game. They did better than anybody all year containing him. I hope he gets several more offers after tonights exposure.

Not sure I would agree that he had a subpar Webb performance (don't think he's ever had 350+ yards per game before), but I get what you're saying. He only had a few 25+ yard runs, with 40 yards being his longest, but he had a ton of yards after contact. Wenonah does have a good defense, and they never quit, but they had a hard time bringing him down (as does everybody). They did tire at the end, though.

BTW, I agree that his balance is impressive, and I love that his legs never stop churning. He's quick but not super fast. And he's got a handful of escape techniques to avoid tackles (the Kamryn Pettway quick side-step, the spin, etc), with a knack at picking the right one most of the time.

Great night for the Hornets. Winning their first state championship so close to home was awesome. Truly a multi-generational moment for this small community outside of Opelika.

BHS Class of '84

Archived