2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Datank45 said:

Webb picked up a Toledo offer today!!

Toledo had a Running Back, Kareem Hunt, who was the Most Outstanding Player for North Team in the Senior Bowl. Ran for 118 yards on 15 carries. Had an impressive week in Mobile. 

Though he's a 2018 RB recruit, why didn't Gus offer La'Damian? It's sad when a good in-state player only gets offers from Toledo, Old Dominion and UAB and not from two big teams in his home state.

10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Why didn't Gus offer this kid? hasn't learned about getting and you need backups? It's sad when a good in-state player only gets offers from Toledo, Old Dominion and UAB and not from two big teams in his home state.

Wow, 2017 recruiting just completed and you're complaining about Auburn not yet offering a 2018 recruit? 

2 hours ago, api1957 said:

Word around town is that he loves Bama and will walk on if need be.

I don't know about the part about walking on at Bama. He does like Bama. That's not his dream school though. 

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Though he's a 2018 RB recruit, why didn't Gus offer La'Damian? It's sad when a good in-state player only gets offers from Toledo, Old Dominion and UAB and not from two big teams in his home state.

Any offer is a blessing the bigger offers will come.

The programs offering so far are not big time programs, There seem to be some questions about whether he is big enough to be an every down back  at a Power5 School and whether he has enough speed to be a change of direction back. That said there are people comparing his balance and running skills to Emmit Smith so the book on him is still open.  I am sure we will watch him in camps and next year. Horton has a very good eye for RB's so in this case I think I can safely say trust the coaches.

15 hours ago, Datank45 said:

I don't know about the part about walking on at Bama. He does like Bama. That's not his dream school though.

Does his dream school happen to be Auburn?

17 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Well apparently this is the new trend. All scholarships full, just walk on. 

Thanks Datank 45- well that's good news; I know Chip & Gus have visited him recently, so maybe they will offer before long.

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The programs offering so far are not big time programs, There seem to be some questions about whether he is big enough to be an every down back  at a Power5 School and whether he has enough speed to be a change of direction back. That said there are people comparing his balance and running skills to Emmit Smith so the book on him is still open.  I am sure we will watch him in camps and next year. Horton has a very good eye for RB's so in this case I think I can safely say trust the coaches.

Next month will be his first camp of the year. Some other 3 and 4 star RB's (some with SEC offers) will be at the showcase so will get to see how he compares to some of those guys. I think his quickness balance change of direction (jump cuts) are some of his biggest assets. See it more in his sophomore film than junior film though. The size thing (height) isn't as bad a liability as people may think ,but it does hurt with SEC schools. His power durability are things coaches like but RB's do take a pounding at some power5 schools. Time will tell. Regardless he will have a chance to play FBS ball at the next level.

5 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Thanks Datank 45- well that's good news; I know Chip & Gus have visited him recently, so maybe they will offer before long.

You're welcome. Middle Tenn St offered today! I think mostly mid major offers will come for a while. Possibly Pac 12 ACC offers a little later.

2 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

You're welcome. Middle Tenn St offered today! I think mostly mid major offers will come for a while. Possibly Pac 12 ACC offers a little later.

You seem to know a lot about this kid... are you related to him?

2 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

We aren't related but I do know him. 

I'm guessing pretty well, since you know about all his offers when they happen.

Where does he want to play?

Just now, lionheartkc said:

See my post about 7 above yours regarding his dream school.

5 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

See my post about 7 above yours regarding his dream school.

He likes Michigan but he's not on their radar that I know of. Michigan signed RB Kurt Taylor Jr out of Grayson HS this recruiting cycle. He's a little bigger than Webb, but Webb is probably a overall better RB.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Auburn, Michigan, Louisville, Alabama etc are all schools that he likes. I can see schools like Arizona St and North Carolina etc offering him. 

4 minutes ago, Datank45 said:

He likes Michigan but he's not on their radar that I know of. Michigan signed RB Kurt Taylor Jr out of Grayson HS this recruiting cycle. He's a little bigger than Webb, but Webb is probably a overall better RB.

Maybe Harbaugh will find one in Rome, and leave Butterbean alone.

1 hour ago, Datank45 said:

Auburn, Michigan, Louisville, Alabama etc are all schools that he likes. I can see schools like Arizona St and North Carolina etc offering him. 

malzahn better be offering this kid....i saw him in the state championship game and hell yes he can play, and yes he is big enough.....i was very impressed with him....more than the two we signed in this recent class

12 hours ago, Datank45 said:

Next month will be his first camp of the year. Some other 3 and 4 star RB's (some with SEC offers) will be at the showcase so will get to see how he compares to some of those guys. I think his quickness balance change of direction (jump cuts) are some of his biggest assets. See it more in his sophomore film than junior film though. The size thing (height) isn't as bad a liability as people may think ,but it does hurt with SEC schools. His power durability are things coaches like but RB's do take a pounding at some power5 schools. Time will tell. Regardless he will have a chance to play FBS ball at the next level.

Who's holding the camp?

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Who's holding the camp?

It's the Elite Ga Showcase (formerly Addidas Showcase) it will be at the Buford Sports Complex in Buford Ga. 247Sports Bleacher Report ESPN Rivals and Scout will all have people there. Kids as far away as Utah, New Jersey, Texas and Detroit will be there. A lot of kids blew up after the camp last year. Kid named Riley Locklear from West Virgina attended last year. After the camp he ended up with 20 plus more offers he had 3 offers coming in. He didn't attend any other camps like Rivals The Opening etc after the Addidas Showcase. Locklear signed with Tennessee. Khalil Keith of Winterboro HS (class 1A) blew up as well he signed with Baylor. Travon Mathis of Lanett HS ended up being ranked a 3 star DE after the camp as well. Those are just 3 examples. Trevor Lawerence attended last year number 1 player in the Country now he's committed to Clemson. Not sure if he's coming this year or not. A lot of top kids are suppose to be there.

Archived