2018 3* RB La'Damian "Butterbean" Webb

AU80cruiser

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Good for Webb! Hope he has another monster season for Beauregard and becomes the only two time Mr Football in Alabama.

Hopefully he will. He's been putting in a lot of work to get stronger and faster etc.

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I assuming Webb is not even on the AU radar?? 

They know about him ,but I think they have RB's on their recruiting board that they have rated higher than Webb.

13 hours ago, Datank45 said:

They know about him ,but I think they have RB's on their recruiting board that they have rated higher than Webb.

Webb reminds me of dyer. In a good way. Local kid. Great film. That's all I know . He is only getting better imo. 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Webb reminds me of dyer. In a good way. Local kid. Great film. That's all I know . He is only getting better imo. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=8cc9fb86-70ec-4dc3-9fbf-f00736664b82

MaxPreps has Webb as one of the ten most underrated players in the country. 

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Couldn't agree more. I hope we take another look at him

People like to compare Webb to Shivers. While both are in the 5'7-5'8 range both are different players. Yes Shivers is faster ,but Webb has great balance vision more powerful. Good hands more of a complete player imo

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2840098/595003cfbed75316e8b47b2f

13 hours ago, Datank45 said:

People like to compare Webb to Shivers. While both are in the 5'7-5'8 range both are different players. Yes Shivers is faster ,but Webb has great balance vision more powerful. Good hands more of a complete player imo

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2840098/595003cfbed75316e8b47b2f

I watched his film, and the lack of breakaway speed in high school for a guy his size concerned me. What classification does he play in?

Beauregard is 5A if I'm not mistaken. 

Beauregard is in class 5a. As mentioned before, his speed is limited by his short strides in the open field. The short strides work well with his balance in traffic but when he hits open field he needs to open his stride up. I hope he worked on that in the off season (as alluded to by @Datank45) and we see a difference this coming season.

On July 1, 2017 at 11:46 AM, AU80cruiser said:

Beauregard is in class 5a. As mentioned before, his speed is limited by his short strides in the open field. The short strides work well with his balance in traffic but when he hits open field he needs to open his stride up. I hope he worked on that in the off season (as alluded to by @Datank45) and we see a difference this coming season.

Got a chance to see Webb at Cam Newton's 7v7 tourney this weekend. Kid has great hands (as seen with two picks in one game state playoffs) . Looked really quick ran past a few kids a couple of times. It's still hard to tell if he has lengthen his stride in the open field yet. Most of his recieving routes were underneath and crossing routes. The few times he went out for long receptions he scored. 

I'm pretty late to finding out about this kid. Why is he only a 3-star? Because of his height? That's the only thing I'm getting.

On 7/3/2017 at 8:58 PM, WFE12 said:

I'm pretty late to finding out about this kid. Why is he only a 3-star? Because of his height? That's the only thing I'm getting.

He does not have breakaway speed or ideal size. Good kid, very good HS running back and may turn into a good College back as well. 

5 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He does not have breakaway speed or ideal size. Good kid, very good HS running back and may turn into a good College back as well. 

If Webb had Shivers speed to go along with the power vision and balance that he already has the kid would be rated higher.

19 hours ago, Datank45 said:

If Webb had Shivers speed to go along with the power vision and balance that he already has the kid would be rated higher.

Certainly this would be true. Shivers has close to world class speed. He is very fast.

Still hate that I like his running style so much.  If only he was 5' 11"...  his ability to make people miss in the hole and to shed tackles is pretty incredible.  However he's probably a lot stronger then your average high school player and he wouldn't be in the SEC.  He will destroy a lot of defenses in a smaller conference if he goes that route.  

He is very strong. Checkout plays starting at 0:59 1:55 and 2:07 mark of this highlight. Time frames may be a little off but you will see how tough he is for a smaller RB. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2840098/595003cfbed75316e8b47b2f. Not sure where he will end up. I do know that Miss St, Missouri and Ole Miss really do want him. 

He may be small but this kid ain't Markeith Cooper.  This kid is plenty quick and runs violently.  I think whoever gets him will be very happy.  I would feel differently if this was a scat back that was tripped up constantly or brought down with arm tackles or by grazing his shoes like some small backs.  Webb has great balance, good enough quicks, and enough power to be a weapon.

If what I have read is correct he is up to about 190 pounds now. He may not be tall but he is no longer a small back.  I understand that we have some backs rated higher than him and I trust Horton's judgement but he could be one of those where in the future we might be saying what if?

Excluding The Worm, whom I love...

I still like Pierce #1 to compliment The Worm and maybe this cat as my #2.  I think the only problem is if you put The Worm and Butterbean together, you are way under 400#.   Not a great combo for RBs...the SEC is played by men on defense.  This ain't the ACC - there ain't no off weeks.

Reminds me a little of Ladarius Perkins out of Greenville, MS back in 2010. Auburn pursued for a while and then went in a different direction. Turned out to be a serviceable back for Moo State, a very good small back but not a Game-changer. Could be wrong but this is feeling that type of situation playing out again. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If what I have read is correct he is up to about 190 pounds now. He may not be tall but he is no longer a small back.  I understand that we have some backs rated higher than him and I trust Horton's judgement but he could be one of those where in the future we might be saying what if?

Yes he's in the 192-195 pound range now. 

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

Still hate that I like his running style so much.  If only he was 5' 11"...  his ability to make people miss in the hole and to shed tackles is pretty incredible.  However he's probably a lot stronger then your average high school player and he wouldn't be in the SEC.  He will destroy a lot of defenses in a smaller conference if he goes that route.  

Nothing to be ashamed of corch! Just rewatched his film- hell, it's awesome. There's talk of his lack of breakaway speed but I don't see him getting caught much and he's outrunning angles pretty often. Agree, wish he'd grown 3-4" in height. I REALLY wanted Teague and love Pierce but wouldn't be sad at all if this kid got a scholly. Could prove to be a poor use of one but we could do a lot worse.

Archived