Softball Vs. Jacksonville State - game thread

Cooper walks again... They haven't pitched to her all day. 1 out for Carlee Wallace.

Can't blame them. That might be the best way to beat AU

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on ladies! Get the bats going here in the 6th and put it away!

Walters sets them down in order. Going to the bottom 6th, game tied 1-1. Gipson, Fagan and Jordan due up. LET'S GET SOME RUNS HERE.

I didn't like the decision to bunt Wallace there. It took the momentum away. But it was not a good bunt attempt either. You have to be on top of the ball.

I almost never like a bunt early in the game. Even if "successful" it normally results in an out, which greatly reduces the chance for a big inning. Having a .300+ hitter bunt early in the game has never made sense to me. In the last inning or two when one run might be the difference and you have a skilled bunter at bat, ok. Otherwise, Knock Em' In with a screaming liner into the gap!

I didn't like the decision to bunt Wallace there. It took the momentum away. But it was not a good bunt attempt either. You have to be on top of the ball.

I almost never like a bunt early in the game. Even if "successful" it normally results in an out, which greatly reduces the chance for a big inning. Having a .300+ hitter bunt early in the game has never made sense to me. In the last inning or two when one run might be the difference and you have a skilled bunter at bat, ok. Otherwise, Knock Em' In with a screaming liner into the gap!

I agree 100%. Especially with this team which has shown ability to get big innings.

Not sure I would have had her swinging on 2-0 count. OMG! That is like 4 of last 5 batters that have hit just to the pitchers left, 3 fielded by pitcher and one by 3rd baseman.

Then Jordan does the same thing! Geez!!

Does it seem like we are swinging on a lot of 1st pitches and getting easy outs.

6 pitches and Walters is back out to pitch....that was really weak.

Wartiger, from a disabled loyal Auburn fan I just want to thank you,

know that you have been and are appreciated!

Walters with another strike out and that ends the top 7th. Going to the bottom of the 7th, game tied 1-1. Here comes Auburn. Let's walk off with a win right here...

Draper, Howard and Carosone coming up.

Come on Tigers!! End it right here to win this game!

Wartiger, from a disabled loyal Auburn fan I just want to thank you,

know that you have been and are appreciated!

Second the appreciation!

Walters has really come through now we need to help her.

Draper drops a bunt down, fielded and dropped...no throw. Auburn has the lead off runner on 1st with LOTS OF SPEED. Top of the order... TIffany Howard.

Howard hit by a pitch on the first pitch. Hits her on the wrist. Runners on 1st and 2nd with NO OUTS. . EMILY CAROSONE coming up. Let's go TIGERS!!!

Carosone hit by a pitch and the bases are LOADED for KASEY COOPER. JSU HAS to pitch to her now.... no other option.. Let's go Kasey. Walk it off here...:) How about a grand slam to win it.

Well..right where need to be and they can't avoid Kasey

Dream scenario. I was just thinking how perfect it would be to load the bases for Cooper and force them to pitch to her.

Nerves getting to the JSU pitcher. COOPER! COOPER!

Archived