Big Cat Visitor & discussion Thread (June 4th)

ellitor

Confirmed plan to attend list. AU commits in orange. Names will be added & dropped as June 4th gets closer. List courtesy of a free read by AUC which has a slideshow with a status note for each recruit. Link

5* OT Calvin Ashley

5* OT Alex Leatherwood (Bama)

5* ATH JaCoby Stevens

4* ATH/RB Alaric Williams

4* WR Jeremiah Holloman

4* WR Jhamon Ausbon

4* OT Austin Troxell

4* OG Nick Brahms

4* OL Kendall Randolph

4* Juco DE Isaiah Buggs

4* DE Labryan Ray

4* DE MJ Webb.

4* DE Ryan Johnson

4* DT Aubrey Solomon

4* LB TD Moultry

4* LB Markail Benton

4* LB Will Ignont

4* CB Brad Stewart

4* S Grant Delpit

4* DB Malcolm Askew

4* ATH Tray Bishop

3* Juco RB Octavius Matthews (Louisville)

3* TE Tre McKitty

3* LB Monty Rice

3* S Carlito Gonzalez

Juco WR Brandon Martin

2018 4* OT Tank Jenkins

***3* LB commit Chandler Wooten will not attend due to the June 4th SAT test date. He committed to take the test long before he committed to AU. (For those who were wondering.)

*** AU's #1 QB target 4* QB Kellen Mond will be in Cali for the first part of the Elite 11 finals & not BCW.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a great list! Hope we see at least 1 or 2 commitments come off of this weekend. Who do you guys think might come on board, if any?? :wareagle:

Who do you guys think might come on board, if any??

Askew if he visits, Brahms if he has a commitable offer, KJ could it being his birthday, or Tre McKitty.

Seems to be less and less 5 * visitors than last year, or is that my imagination? :dunno: :dunno:

I know there could be (and probably will be) some additions. But so far maybe the list is not so loaded with top recruits like we're accustomed to.

Seems to be less and less 5 * visitors than last year, or is that my imagination? :dunno: :dunno:

I know there could be (and probably will be) some additions. But so far maybe the list is not so loaded with top recruits like we're accustomed to.

12 48s alone definitely qualifies as a loaded list plus some 3s will get bumps. There will be 30-40 recruits on hand total. We only know of 18 so there's a lot of room.

Nice List! Hopefully we can add a few of the following: Kellen Mond, Trey Smith, Netori Johnson, Tony Gray, Cesar Ruiz, Tray Biscop, AJ Terrell, Tre Shaw, and Deangelo Gibbs

How are things with MJ Webb??

Nothing new on him in a month or so. Last update was AU & SCe were his top 2.

How are things with MJ Webb??

Nothing new on him in a month or so. Last update was AU & SCe were his top 2.

Thanks, I like Webb and Bryant. Hope we get those 2.

Nice List! Hopefully we can add a few of the following: Kellen Mond, Trey Smith, Netori Johnson, Tony Gray, Cesar Ruiz, Tray Biscop, AJ Terrell, Tre Shaw, and Deangelo Gibbs

Mond will be in Oregon for the first part of the Elite 11 finals.

Thanks for keeping this list current Ellitor.

The real credit goes to Keith @ AUC who has made the list so early and free.

Seeing Mond will be in Oregon just hurts my head. Maybe the coaches were not concerned with QB when they set the date? Other than that I would love to see a big weekend with those OL recruits and Benton.

Seeing Mond will be in Oregon just hurts my head. Maybe the coaches were not concerned with QB when they set the date? Other than that I would love to see a big weekend with those OL recruits and Benton.

The staff set the BCW date long before knowing about the elite 11 semis in Cali not Oregon next week.

The staff set the BCW date long before knowing about the elite 11 semis in Cali not Oregon next week.

Unfortunate, but understandable. Doesn't Mond hope to flip before he goes to the Elite 11 though? In the case that he flips to us, it actually may work in our favor. That's pretty good press heading into a weekend like that, and would give the offensive staff another angle to pitch to incoming offensive recruits.

If Mond flips befor BCW any chance Ausbon commits at BCW? I also think Askew may end his recruitment also at BCW. I hope Mond flips and gets the weekend rolling. I think we could 1-3 guys commit.

If Mond flips befor BCW any chance Ausbon commits at BCW? I also think Askew may end his recruitment also at BCW. I hope Mond flips and gets the weekend rolling. I think we could 1-3 guys commit.

Wouldn't think so, especially since Mod will not be there.

Why would Mond have to be there?

He doesn't. It would just make a lot more sense that AU would possibly get a commit from Ausbon if his good friend & big time QB was there experiencing BCW with him & possibly pushing him to commit.

Why would Mond have to be there?

He doesn't. It would just make a lot more sense that AU would possibly get a commit from Ausbon if his good friend & big time QB was there experiencing BCW with him & possibly pushing him to commit.

Obviously it would help if it were face-to-face, but nowadays, Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat (not to mention good ole' fashioned texting) mean that these guys are in almost constant communication. (Assuming Mond commits and goes to Elite 11), it would mean that we have people like Calvin Ashley and the coaching staff working the face to face angle while Mond blows up his phone.

Again, probably not as effective as all face-to-face, but allows us to appeal to some more angles.

Archived