Big Cat Visitor & discussion Thread (June 4th)

ellitor

Why would Mond have to be there?

He doesn't. It would just make a lot more sense that AU would possibly get a commit from Ausbon if his good friend & big time QB was there experiencing BCW with him & possibly pushing him to commit.

Obviously it would help if it were face-to-face, but nowadays, Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat (not to mention good ole' fashioned texting) mean that these guys are in almost constant communication. (Assuming Mond commits and goes to Elite 11), it would mean that we have people like Calvin Ashley and the coaching staff working the face to face angle while Mond blows up his phone.

Again, probably not as effective as all face-to-face, but allows us to appeal to some more angles.

Agreed. I said unlikely in part because there has been 0 indication Ausbon will commit soon so the added bost of Mond being there would be needed IMO to get Ausbon to commit at BCW since they are tight.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would Mond have to be there?

He doesn't. It would just make a lot more sense that AU would possibly get a commit from Ausbon if his good friend & big time QB was there experiencing BCW with him & possibly pushing him to commit.

Obviously it would help if it were face-to-face, but nowadays, Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat (not to mention good ole' fashioned texting) mean that these guys are in almost constant communication. (Assuming Mond commits and goes to Elite 11), it would mean that we have people like Calvin Ashley and the coaching staff working the face to face angle while Mond blows up his phone.

Again, probably not as effective as all face-to-face, but allows us to appeal to some more angles.

Agreed. I said unlikely in part because there has been 0 indication Ausbon will commit soon so the added bost of Mond being there would be needed IMO to get Ausbon to commit at BCW since they are tight.

I agree. They are teammates at IMG, aren't they? It'd be nice to bring in a QB/WR duo that already has chemistry.

Keith at AUC rumored about a big 5* surprise this week for BCW. Well he just said this in a free post. Link

It's on ...

Can reveal at 4 p.m. CT.

But wait, there's more ...

Hearing another surprise 5-star is likely to attend. At source's request, can't reveal that one until he arrives -- or Tweets it out.

May have to wait until Saturday morning on that one.

So...we may have 2 5* surprises tomorrow.

Added to OP

4* CB Brad Stewart

3* DT Tyrone Truesdell

3* Juco DT Travonte Valentine

4* ATH Tray Bishop

4* Juco DE Isaiah Buggs

4* DE Labryan Ray

4* S Grant Delpit

5* ATH JaCoby Stevens

I'm going with Cam Akers & Alex Leatherwood.

How come AJ Terrell isn't on the list of visitors?

See his thread. AU has dropped on his list.

I'm going with Cam Akers & Alex Leatherwood.

How come AJ Terrell isn't on the list of visitors?

See his thread. AU has dropped on his list.

Just saw that. That really stinks...

The staff, hosts, & hostesses will have to be creative planning events today. Many events are usually outside but rain is supposed to hit AU around 9 & last through the day.

Who was the first surprise 5 star? I thought it was going to be announced at 4 yesterday

Who was the first surprise 5 star? I thought it was going to be announced at 4 yesterday

Look up a few posts. Jacoby Stevens.

8 posts up from your post. Link

The first surprise visitor is JaCoby Stevens

5* OT Alex Leatherwood is the big fish that could not be posted before he arrived. He is a Bama commit & made it to BCW.

So is Leatherwood on the fence or a solid $puat kid scoping things out for Spanky?

So is Leatherwood on the fence or a solid $puat kid scoping things out for Spanky?

AU would not let him come to their select VIP recruit event if he was just there to scope things out for Little Debbie. With that said I don't think he's on the fence either.

Still 2 visits in 5 weeks is a positive.

Look up a few posts. Jacoby Stevens.

Oh. Missed it. Thanks

AU would not let him come to their select VIP recruit event if he was just there to scope things out for Little Debbie. With that said I don't think he's on the fence either.

I don't want to scare off the five star currently committed...

Never heard of 1 elite OT recruit scaring off another, especially since 2 OTs play at the same time on plays. Calvin is locked in barring a major coaching overhaul & even then he may stick. He loves AU that much.

Never heard of 1 elite OT recruit scaring off another, especially since 2 OTs play at the same time on plays. Calvin is locked in barring a major coaching overhaul & even then he may stick. He loves AU that much.

Just because you never heard of it, that doesn't mean it will never happen. ;) Glad to hear he is locked in.

Thanks for the work, E!

From top to bottom, do you think this is arguably the most impressive list since Big Cat's inception when you talk about sheer numbers?

I can't remember this many 4-stars showing up for the event.

Archived