Big Cat Visitor & discussion Thread (June 4th)

ellitor

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can hang on to Moultry and Wooten and land Ignont, Benton, and Britt, I will be outright giddy

Monty Rice may be higher on the AU board now than KJ FWIW.

It seems every BCW has positive results but I wondered what the percentages were of commitments that came out of the BCWs and how many of them actually signed with us.

Ofc it would also be interesting how many signees each year DID attend BCWs.

It seems every BCW has positive results but I wondered what the percentages were of commitments that came out of the BCWs and how many of them actually signed with us.

36-40% of our of BCW attendees each year sign w/ AU. BMatt did a study on it a couple years ago & I have followed it sinve.

If we can hang on to Moultry and Wooten and land Ignont, Benton, and Britt, I will be outright giddy

Probably right but I like KJ a lot. One of fav lbers in this class

Probably right but I like KJ a lot. One of fav lbers in this class

Yeah me too. I hope we aren't recruiting them both for the same LB position & would only take 1 like Keith is thinking/hearing.

36-40% of our of BCW attendees each year sign w/ AU. BMatt did a study on it a couple years ago & I have followed it sinve.

I've often wondered about. Interesting stat.

Gus just tweeted Boom!!! So did we just get another one???

If we did it's probably McKitty

McKitty is visiting Oregon next weekend. Plans to commit at The Opening in July, likely between AU & the Quack squad as they are the only 2 of his finalists that have an aviation program which is what he plans to study. My guess is AU leads ATM.

OU doesn't have an aviation program. Hopefully that will help.

Tre has said in all his interviews that the Ducks do so IDK.

Just checked. You are right they don't. Either he is misunderstanding, they lied to him, or they co-op it with an aviation program somewhere in that state.

Big shout out to ellitor for guiding us through BCW. Thank you, sir.

Not fished. Now I'm going to look fot ftee articles.

OU doesn't have an aviation program. Hopefully that will help.

Tre has said in all his interviews that the Ducks do so IDK.

Just checked. You are right they don't. Either he is misunderstanding, they lied to him, or they co-op it with an aviation program somewhere in that state.

Bammer told one recruit that they had a dairy science program and another they had a school of architecture, so outright lying is not unknown in the recruiting world.

4* DT Aubrey Solomon

Auburn is now a contender for the No. 4 defensive tackle.

Aubrey Solomon, who is ranked No. 81 in the Rivals100, visited Auburn for BIG CAT on Saturday and left without many doubts.

“Auburn is up there definitely,” Solomon, from Lee County, Ga., said. “They definitely showed me they are a contender.”

Solomon previously listed Alabama, Georgia and Clemson as his top three schools. Auburn, before BIG CAT, was a secondary option.

Not anymore.

“The visit made a huge impact on me,” Solomon said. “My mom had fun; my brother had fun and my cousin had fun. It was really a good experience. We did a lot of family-fun activities, and what stuck out to me the most were the coaches just being themselves.

“The coaches didn’t have a script. They weren’t reading from anything. They were truly just being themselves out there.”

One coach Solomon kept an eye on was Rodney Garner. Auburn’s defensive line coach has been recruiting Solomon for three years.

“Since I was a freshman,” Solomon said. “Coach Garner was one of the first coaches that started coming at me hard. He’s still coming at me hard. I know the love is still there.”

Solomon plans to show renewed interest in Auburn. He plans to return to the Plains at least two more times before Signing Day.

“At least two or three more times, most definitely,” Solomon said. “This visit went pretty well. My mom’s connections with all of the coaches were great. My mom isn’t a big people’s person so her interacting with the coaches was a new sight for me.”

Solomon, who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 285 pounds, plans to announce his commitment Oct. 24 during senior night at Lee County.

4* WR Jeremiah Holloman

Jeremiah Holloman listed Georgia No. 1 on his list of top schools before visiting Auburn on Saturday.

Holloman was reluctant to do the same when he left. He, at the least, needed more time.

“I’ll have to go home and think about it,” Holloman, who his from Newton High in Covington, Ga., said. “This visit definitely helped Auburn. They gave me a lot to think about."

Holloman visited Auburn for BIG CAT, the Tigers’ big, annual recruiting event that first started with the 2010 recruiting class. Holloman was one of approximately 35 recruits on campus Saturday, all of whom are top targets for the Tigers.

The group participated and competed in pie-eating contests and dance-offs, among other non-football-related activities. The recruits had all day to bond, to build relationships and talk recruiting.

Holloman liked what he heard from several of his fellow recruits during BIG CAT. Auburn, according to Holloman, will have an impressive signing class in 2017. Malcolm Askew, the four-star athlete from McAdory, committed to Auburn in front of the group at the end of the day. Holloman expects more of the BIG CAT visitors to commit and sign with Auburn.

“With the class that they’re building, they have a lot to look forward to,” Holloman said. “Not everyone is committed, but I talked with a whole bunch of players and know that they really have high intentions of coming here.”

Holloman didn’t limit his comments to only the recruits at BIG CAT. IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) quarterback Kellen Mond, who recently de-committed from Baylor and is looking hard at Auburn, was in Los Angeles for the Elite 11 Quarterback Challenge and couldn’t attend BIG CAT.

“We started talking through Twitter,” Holloman said of his friendship with Mond. “We started off talking about Baylor and then we started talking about Auburn and our interest in it.”

Mond committing to Auburn would help the Tigers’ chances with Holloman, but it wouldn’t seal the receiver’s fate. Holloman likes Auburn for his own reasons, and after Saturday, he has even more.

“Auburn definitely got more points,” Holloman said. “They boosted up more after today."

Holloman doesn’t have a timetable for a commitment. He wants to make the most informed decision possible.

“Whenever me and my family feel the time is right,” Holloman said.

3* TE Tre McKitty

Tré McKitty doesn’t list a leader or even a top group of schools, but the No. 11-ranked tight end likes Auburn a lot.

He said so Saturday after attending BIG CAT.

“I wouldn’t say I have any leaders, but Auburn is high,” McKitty said. “After this visit and everything, I like Auburn a lot.”

McKitty, who attends IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., spent Saturday and part of Sunday in Auburn. He’d seen the campus and facilities during his previous three trips to the Plains. This visit was more about relationships, building on the ones he’d established a year ago, including one with tight ends coach Scott Fountain.

“Ever since last year when I was coming here, me and Coach Fountain have been building a really good relationship,” McKitty said. “I have a really good relationship with him and all of the coaches, and it’s a good feeling.”

McKitty also has relationships with current Auburn players, most notably 2016 receiver signee Nate Craig-Myers.

“I’ve always had a really good feeling about Auburn, and now that my former teammate, Nate (Craig-Myers), is here, he’s been telling me about it, too,” McKitty said. “I’m actually staying with him (Saturday night).”

McKitty, who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 225 pounds, plans to announce a commitment at The Opening in July. He has trips scheduled to Oregon and Florida before making a decision.

“Everybody is still in it,” McKitty said. “But I like Auburn a lot. I’ve been here enough to know what they have to offer.”

Rivals ranks McKitty the No. 62 player in Florida in the 2017 class.

Juco WR Brandon Martin

Brandon Martin considered an official visit to Auburn before signing with LSU out of Prime Prep Academy (Texas) in 2015.

A year spent at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College combined with a three-day visit to Auburn for BIG CAT has the Tigers back in contention for Martin.

Strongly in contention.

“Auburn is No. 1,” Martin said. “I’m really looking at them now that I’ve seen everything on campus, I’ve seen that they treat everybody like family and everybody is close.”

Three of Martin’s teammates at Gulf Coast also visited Auburn for BIG CAT – Isaiah Buggs, J.J. Smith and Jonathan Nance. Martin, however, made the trip with his mother, father and coach.

“I think they loved it, too,” Martin said. “I was happy to see my mom and dad smiling and having fun. I think they would really be with (my decision) if I came to Auburn.”

Martin, like out of high school, has several offers out of junior college. Auburn, Florida, Mississippi State, Arkansas and LSU, among others, have offered.

Martin, however, lists the Tigers at the top.

“Everything about Auburn,” Martin said. “Everything they’ve been doing (is what I like about them).”

Martin, who stands 6-foot-4 and weighs 205 pounds, is scheduled to graduate Gulf Coast in December and enroll at a four-year school in January. He’s originally from Missouri.

“I’ll probably make my decision right after the season,” Martin said.

4* C Nick Brahms

Auburn made a big move with four-star offensive lineman Nick Brahmsduring BIG CAT.

The Tigers moved all the way to the top of Brahms’ list.

“It went really well,” Brahms said. “Talking with the players, the coaches, the energy here, … I really enjoyed it. Auburn is definitely my No. 1 right now.”

Brahms, who is from Navarre, Fla., visited Auburn with family members. The group participated in BIG CAT activities and also met extensively with Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand.

The Tigers’ first-year coach made good impressions on both Brahm and the lineman’s family.

“Coach Hand is a great coach,” Brahms said. “He does a ton of stuff with (former NFL lineman) LeCharles Bentley and he implements some of that stuff. I like that.”

Brahms is ranked as an offensive tackle, but said Hand projects him at one of the three inside positions.

“He likes me at either guard or center,” Brahms said.

That works for the 6-foot-5, 275-pound Brahms.

“It’s a perfect fit for me right now,” Brahms said. “I really enjoyed it today.”

Brahms next plans to visit North Carolina, Duke, Miami, Stanford and Oregon. He hopes to make a commitment to one of them before the start of the football season.

“That’s my plan,” Brahms said. “After I make all the visits we have planned, I’ll make a decision.”

For now, that decision is Auburn. The Tigers not only lead, but lead big.

“It’s pretty up there,” Brahms said of Auburn’s lead.

Archived