Baseball at Vandy Game 3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nulph with an RBI single to LF. Nice hitting down in the count. Runners on the corners. AU cuts the lead to 4-3. Grier up to bat.

Grier draws a walk. Defining moment here. Bases loaded, 2 outs, down by a run for Melvin Gray.

After missing 3B and having his run erased earlier, this would be a nice little rebound for Gray here if he can come through.

5-3 Groundout. Threat over. AU trails 4-3 to B8.

My bad, SEC+ glitching out on me this inning so it was pixelated til I restarted. It was not a 5-3 groundout. Chopper to third, and the third baseman dives to put his glove on the bag to record the out at third.

Mitchell with a K to end the inning. To the 9th, Auburn will need 1 run to extend its season. Down 4-3.

Auburn falls 4-3, is eliminated from the SEC Tournament. Finishes the season 23-33, 8-22 in the SEC. I'm sure there will be a couple days of re-hashing the failures of this season but as far as I'm concerned, just burn it down, it never happened lol.

I'm not all that damaged by us not making the SEC tournament. "Play two and bar-b-que" isn't that much fun and that's what I think would have happened to us had we finished high enough to make the tournament.

Auburn falls 4-3, is eliminated from the SEC Tournament. Finishes the season 23-33, 8-22 in the SEC. I'm sure there will be a couple days of re-hashing the failures of this season but as far as I'm concerned, just burn it down, it never happened lol.

Just like football. And basketball. Thank God for our women's sports. Damn it's so frustrating though.

So glad this disappointing season is over. Looking for Butch to make major improvement next season.

I'm not all that damaged by us not making the SEC tournament. "Play two and bar-b-que" isn't that much fun and that's what I think would have happened to us had we finished high enough to make the tournament.

Guess I am not so impressed with the recent S EC performances that any opportunity would look bad to me . Two days and a barbecue at Hoover is better than sitting at home watching it on the tube . Butch needs to do a thorough housekeeping job during the next couple of months .

Witnessed the ultimate disrespect this afternoon . Auburn had the bases loaded in the eighth , down by one run ....then ESPN cut away from the game to televise the old miss game. Just left me hanging .

Im pretty sure the teams that play on first day are single elimination, so that would have been even less fun.

Im pretty sure the teams that play on first day are single elimination, so that would have been even less fun.

Guess it is the modern attitudes...playing baseball f...or whatever sport was never "work back in the day. We climbed fences and broke into gyms to play. Perhaps it is more fun to pay computer games now.. If that I is the prevailing team attitude...good riddance..

Archived