Super Regional Schedule

Auburn will be hosting Arizona this weekend. Game dates and times below

Saturday, 5:30 pm ESPN2

Sunday, 1:00pm ESPN

Sunday, 4:00pm ESPNU

Will be a tough match up for our ladies. We don't go against a lefty often, much less a quality one like O'tool who keeps the ball down.

AU will take them, as long they come out playing AU softball. Arizona has a record of 39-19. Yea they beat UT, arguably without their best player and pitcher. They also were beaten by bama in regular season. Coach Myers knows the Arizona coach very well, so he will know what to expect from them. Not saying it's gonna be a cake walk but I think AU woke up a little bit yesterday getting back to form after kind of sleep walking they first two games of regionals.

AU will take them, as long they come out playing AU softball. Arizona has a record of 39-19. Yea they beat UT, arguably without their best player and pitcher. They also were beaten by bama in regular season. Coach Myers knows the Arizona coach very well, so he will know what to expect from them. Not saying it's gonna be a cake walk but I think AU woke up a little bit yesterday getting back to form after kind of sleep walking they first two games of regionals.

Don't forget though.we beat them 20-2 last year the one time we played them. They will have the revenge factor on their side. To be honest they concern me more than playing Tennessee would.

Don't forget though.we beat them 20-2 last year the one time we played them. They will have the revenge factor on their side. To be honest they concern me more than playing Tennessee would.

Me too

Yes it will be tough game but the young ladies can do it. The hitting and pitching are coming on.

I never put much into the "revenge factor" line of thought. Didn't help USCe much in the 2010 SEC game, for recent reference. In fact, just look over the rematch results in all the SEC championship games over the years. The team that won the first time almost always wins the second time too.

I think UT was reeling from losing their star player and played with a lack of confidence that we saw at the end of the regular season. I don't know that AU will beat them in blow out fashion, but it sure seemed like AU's game to win regional, everything clicked where it hadn't really in awhile even in the SEC tourney. Until that game, I haven't felt like AU had played their best ball in 2 months and they were still winning ball games in the SEC tourney and the regional, which is scary at how good this team could/can be if playing at the top of their game. The ARizone coach has been there for 31 years, all during Myers time at ASU, so CCM knows his style and how he coaches, so just feel AU ladies will be ready to battle. War Eagle!

I never put much into the "revenge factor" line of thought. Didn't help USCe much in the 2010 SEC game, for recent reference. In fact, just look over the rematch results in all the SEC championship games over the years. The team that won the first time almost always wins the second time too.

I'm not at all on the "revenge factor? line of thought either. I also don't get the group of fans that play the "time for payback" line either.

Will be a tough match up for our ladies. We don't go against a lefty often, much less a quality one like O'tool who keeps the ball down.

I was under the impression, particularly earlier in the season, that our girls had more of a problem with the rise ball. admittedly, I wouldnt know. of course we sure wont know anything from listening to the game announcers ...

Will we be considered the "home team" for all games ?

I really like having that last shot at winning a game if needed.

I was under the impression, particularly earlier in the season, that our girls had more of a problem with the rise ball. admittedly, I wouldnt know. of course we sure wont know anything from listening to the game announcers ...

No. We hit the rise well as long as it's a strike. Where we mess up is swinging at ones out of the zone. We have not seen a pitcher all year like O'Tool that is a lefty with a consistently low curve.

I'm pretty sure each team gets to be the home team once, with a coin flip to determine home team for game 3 if needed.

No. Each team is the home team the first 2 games w/ AU being home in game 1. Game 3 home team is decided by coin flip, no joke. It's stupid to me. The home site team should be the home team in at least 2 of 3 games always IMO.

I'm not at all on the "revenge factor? line of thought either. I also don't get the group of fans that play the "time for payback" line either.

Y'all can definitely feel that way but there are times where revenge gives a team a winning & sometimes a dominating edge. Tennessee did not beat us due solely to our poor play. They would have won anyway even if it was close. They played very well & likely wanted payback for the 2015 SEC Tourney.

In Arizona's case, they are the 2nd greatest softball program of all time only behind UCLA. With that can of pride & history they are going to remember a team blasting them 20-2 very well the last time they played. That will give them a mental edge. Will that mental edge be enough to beat us? IDK, especially since we have our own mental edge playing for turtle. If it was just another team we beat 20-2 I wouldn't give it any thought but given it's Zona it does concern me.

All I'm saying is I would've rather had UTk since the psychlogical factor there would have been completely on our side. Plus there is a chance UTk would have been complasent a bit given they beat us so bad 3 plus weeks ago.

Being the home team has fewer advantages than I expected but guess that is the fair way to do it. We still have the crowd.

When you whip somebody 20-2, I'm pretty sure any mental advantage lies with the team that scored the 20.

Welp. Whatever mental edge Zona may have had their pitcher just served it up to us on a silver platter.

@ZackBlatt May 22

Danielle O’Toole about moving on to face the 4th-seeded Auburn: "They don’t know us. They don’t know anything about us. Bring it."

I'd say 20-2 means we knew them very well.

A lopsided win from the PREVIOUS season means nothing.

Depends on how much of a team is back from the previous year & how much pride they got.

Baseball/softball is a game that requires relaxed alertness. "We're really gonna' get that bunch" type of mentality is counter productive. I hope we don't pay any attention to her remarks.

The only time some sort of bulletin board material might help is if your team is badly distracted by some outside event. I don't think any team that's advanced this far is in danger of being distracted by outside factors.

Depends on how much of a team is back from the previous year & how much pride they got.

IF that's true...then we should be glad that we don't have to play UTk...they sure owned our pitchers for a couple days......and no one knows how our young pitchers would have responded the next time around.

I'm more in the school of "every day is a new day" ....and what's happened in the past in baseball (or softball) ..... is in the past.

IF that's true...then we should be glad that we don't have to play UTk...they sure owned our pitchers for a couple days......and no one knows how our young pitchers would have responded the next time around.

I'm more in the school of "every day is a new day" ....and what's happened in the past in baseball (or softball) ..... is in the past.

Like I posted later. It doesn't matter now anyway cuz their pitcher just had to open her mouth & disrespect a team that her team 20-2. That's more worth discussing now IMO.

@ZackBlatt May 22

Danielle O’Toole about moving on to face the 4th-seeded Auburn: "They don’t know us. They don’t know anything about us. Bring it."

No. We hit the rise well as long as it's a strike. Where we mess up is swinging at ones out of the zone. We have not seen a pitcher all year like O'Tool that is a lefty with a consistently low curve.

Yes, the rise that looks like strike then rises out of the zone does give a few of our girls problems. On the other hand left handed batters for some reason do better with pitches down in the zone. The key is picking up the spin either way. Knowing which way the ball will move, up or down, gives you an advantage. Disciplined hitters will lay off of the pitches that break out of the zone.

Yes, the rise that looks like strike then rises out of the zone does give a few of our girls problems. On the other hand left handed batters for some reason do better with pitches down in the zone. The key is picking up the spin either way. Knowing which way the ball will move, up or down, gives you an advantage. Disciplined hitters will lay off of the pitches that break out of the zone.

That's true for baseball, not sure about softball though. I know Emily & Kasey like the ball high in the strike zone. Regardless O'Toole gave UTk's lefties fits. Our lefties will have to find a way to produce as they have all year.

Like I posted later. It doesn't matter now anyway cuz their pitcher just had to open her mouth & disrespect a team that her team 20-2. That's more worth discussing now IMO.

@ZackBlatt May 22

Is that like when one of our DBs makes a comment about a bama player....just another guy in the SEC or whatever it was he said. I thought we had already concluded that those kinds of comments that might be classed as bulletin board material actually had no impact.

Now in this case however, if she also has a rise ball like a couple pitchers we've had trouble with........THAT will make a difference.

Archived