Super Regional Schedule

A lopsided win from the PREVIOUS season means nothing.

Depends on how much of a team is back from the previous year & how much pride they got.

IF that's true...then we should be glad that we don't have to play UTk...they sure owned our pitchers for a couple days......and no one knows how our young pitchers would have responded the next time around.

I'm more in the school of "every day is a new day" ....and what's happened in the past in baseball (or softball) ..... is in the past.

Like I posted later. It doesn't matter now anyway cuz their pitcher just had to open her mouth & disrespect a team that her team 20-2. That's more worth discussing now IMO.

@ZackBlatt May 22

Danielle O’Toole about moving on to face the 4th-seeded Auburn: "They don’t know us. They don’t know anything about us. Bring it."

Is that like when one of our DBs makes a comment about a bama player....just another guy in the SEC or whatever it was he said. I thought we had already concluded that those kinds of comments that might be classed as bulletin board material actually had no impact.

Did you see what Fournette did to our D? Rudy's comments definitely lit a fire under LF & LF said so.

A lopsided win from the PREVIOUS season means nothing.

Depends on how much of a team is back from the previous year & how much pride they got.

IF that's true...then we should be glad that we don't have to play UTk...they sure owned our pitchers for a couple days......and no one knows how our young pitchers would have responded the next time around.

I'm more in the school of "every day is a new day" ....and what's happened in the past in baseball (or softball) ..... is in the past.

Like I posted later. It doesn't matter now anyway cuz their pitcher just had to open her mouth & disrespect a team that her team 20-2. That's more worth discussing now IMO.

@ZackBlatt May 22

Danielle O’Toole about moving on to face the 4th-seeded Auburn: "They don’t know us. They don’t know anything about us. Bring it."

Is that like when one of our DBs makes a comment about a bama player....just another guy in the SEC or whatever it was he said. I thought we had already concluded that those kinds of comments that might be classed as bulletin board material actually had no impact.

Did you see what Fournette did to our D? Rudy's comments definitely lit a fire under LF & LF said so.

I do recall that , now that you mention it. .....maybe it was just when one of our guys gets disrespected nothing seems to happen . :)

Perhaps our girls will take it more personally. >:(

Different sports ... Different emotions. You can use rage in football. Controlled emotions in baseball/softball.

Exactly. I'd rather NOT have bulletin board material, it's nothing but a distraction. That's in baseball, a sport I have decades of experience with. Softball may be different but I sincerely doubt it.

WE all know how cut throat girls can be, especially teenage girls about just little petty stuff, what someone said about their hair, now imagine that in a highly competitive athletic environment.

WE all know how cut throat girls can be, especially teenage girls about just little petty stuff, what someone said about their hair, now imagine that in a highly competitive athletic environment.

Pettiness , etc.......my grand daughter's biggest hurts are from their " friends"...

Don't forget the umpire variable that goes with all of this. We have had a number this year who either have a "teeny-tiny" strike zone and/or won't call anything low......

Don't forget the umpire variable that goes with all of this. We have had a number this year who either have a "teeny-tiny" strike zone and/or won't call anything low......

Yep....and it was discouraging to hear an ESPN announcer imply that the umpires use the size of the strike zone to punish hitters or pitchers.

Mostly the officials in SEC softball have been pretty good.....better than in most other SEC sports....hoping the announcer was just acting "informed".

It's crazy that several series have completed before Auburn has even played 1 game. LSU series has played 3 games. Been waiting anxiously all day for Auburn to get started.

It's crazy that several series have completed before Auburn has even played 1 game. LSU series has played 3 games. Been waiting anxiously all day for Auburn to get started.

It's been this way the past few years. 2 series start Thursday. 3 start Friday. Last 3 start Saturday. All done to maximize ESPN tv conerage.

Archived