Anfernee Grier

In the robbery of the season, Anfernee Grier chosen SECOND team All-SEC. This is a guy who was consistently mentioned as a possible finalist for SEC Player of the Year, despite the team's struggles. Now, of course I have yet to look at the first team to see who beat him out, but my Orange and Blue glasses think this is a joke. Great season, Anfernee, now get ready to cash a check in June.

In the robbery of the season, Anfernee Grier chosen SECOND team All-SEC. This is a guy who was consistently mentioned as a possible finalist for SEC Player of the Year, despite the team's struggles. Now, of course I have yet to look at the first team to see who beat him out, but my Orange and Blue glasses think this is a joke. Great season, Anfernee, now get ready to cash a check in June.

Look at a league with 14 teams...a player has to be something special to make first team. JMO but making 2nd team was a good outcome for him.

I expect he will go somewhere in the baseball draft but having watched him for past few years he has some glaring weaknesses at the plate . I would like to see him come back for his senior year but considering how this season ended for the team , it would probably be good for him to move along if he gets reasonable opportunity. JMO

Look at a league with 14 teams...a player has to be something special to make first team. JMO but making 2nd team was a good outcome for him.

I expect he will go somewhere in the baseball draft but having watched him for past few years he has some glaring weaknesses at the plate . I would like to see him come back for his senior year but considering how this season ended for the team , it would probably be good for him to move along if he gets reasonable opportunity. JMO

He's rated a top 100 prospect right now including high school kids. I would be surprised if he gets past round 4 or comes back.

He doesn't look like a pro hitter at this point in his career. He may get drafted top 100 but I don't see it. He has a lot of work to do to improve at the plate.

He doesn't look like a pro hitter at this point in his career. He may get drafted top 100 but I don't see it. He has a lot of work to do to improve at the plate.

I thought he was great at the plate this year. To me his weakness was his occasional lapses in the outfield.

I thought he was great at the plate this year. To me his weakness was his occasional lapses in the outfield.

He was absolutely fantastic at the plate this year, hitting college pitching. He also appeared absolutely helpless on certain pitches and did some things that indicate to me that he's going to be off to a rough start in professional baseball. While the gap has closed over recent decades there is still a big difference between the college and pro games.

If the money is right, he should take it. If he can be fixed, they will fix it. If he can't be fixed, one more year of college won't help anyway. I'd like to see him back at Auburn next year but that's selfish on my part.

He was absolutely fantastic at the plate this year, hitting college pitching. He also appeared absolutely helpless on certain pitches and did some things that indicate to me that he's going to be off to a rough start in professional baseball. While the gap has closed over recent decades there is still a big difference between the college and pro games.

If the money is right, he should take it. If he can be fixed, they will fix it. If he can't be fixed, one more year of college won't help anyway. I'd like to see him back at Auburn next year but that's selfish on my part.

Great points Mikey.

Agree on all points. He was absolutely helpless on the cutter that broke down away from him....just could not lay off of it...and could not hit it. Had quite a few strikeouts, most on the team ....and way too many for a lead-off batter. But he was a good hitter of "pitcher's mistakes" ....balls out over the plate or even up a little. .

Base running was spotty....had a good stolen base percentage if you ignore the number of times he was picked off.....which IMO should be deducted from his SB numbers. I thought his outfield play was quite good....an occasional lapse but he could track 'em down as well as anyone in the SEC in my view....solid glove and good arm. I forgive him of a few lapses considering how the team was playing.....hard to keep your mojo when all round you team mates are booting routine plays and throwing the ball into the dugout.

But as noted, much as it would be nice to have him back, I can't see any advantage for him to return unless the money is really questionable.

Archived